Aug 22 2012
By: Aureilia Welcoming Committee 14228 posts

Not a Balance thread: DLC Stages: This concept needs changing.

21 replies 172 views Edited Aug 22, 2012

So.. Everyone hates my threads, everyone hates how I say things and refuse to say I'm ever wrong, but I feel this one should actually have people to agree.

Stages of DLC:

Customization Items:

Oh we waited months for customization, we would love the wacky, wild and outragious items we could place on our characters. But wait... Can we actually do that? No...

Because we have some fugly item that will boost our in game performance and thus make us use an item we actually do not want to use... SIGH...

Now honestly people, how many of you would have bought some cool looking items without it even improving your ability to play? I know I would have, but now I'm actually like.. Wait.. I would buy this item, It helps me, but **bleep** it's ugly so no thanks?

The concept put me in two minds, I don't believe in pay to win, sure I understand the emphasis of pay to win if the game is free to play but it's not. Enough money has been made. I'm 100% sure I would have bought all the cool looking items if they didn't have negative and positive stats attached to them. We wanted customization, not to enhance our gameplay and pay to get better.... Really.. Really... Really.. Can I type REALLY enough here?

So the new stage of DLC:

Is not what we were told it was, We were informed there was an easier way to attain treasures coming in this huge new system.. But.. No.. There isn't. It's buy items... Surely you could have made more money by selling the treasures while somewhat making players still play to get the items in some way? It's not surely, you would have made more money that way. Of course you've had enough money but... Yeah. Logical business decision would lead me to selling the treasures or the sets at an increased price.

I was fine with having to work for my treasures a little more with a new system in place. I'd be happy to buy the ability to have the chance to attain a treasure. However I've attained a lot of stuff fairly and it took some time, how is it fair that someone can swoop in and have something I worked for at a mere price of $0.99?

Rethink the system, sell the treasure itself, give people a chance to attain the treasure similar to tournament, you win, you get the treasure, it's like a real life gamble with real money. At least they aren't getting it for a simple $0.99 then and have to still do something for it.

I don't know how reasonable the second concept is or not. I just don't think people should be able to buy the guns, and whatever. I mean most of us worked hard for those things, and it was work, it was severe grinding. It shouldn't be so simple even at a price. The treasure concept fits in with the trophy concept and allows people to complete a few treasure set trophies that simply shouldn't exist, but even then you should have to win your next match or few matches to attain that treasure.

Message 1 of 22 (172 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6645 posts

Re: Not a Balance thread: DLC Stages: This concept needs changing.

Aug 22, 2012

I've been saying this and I'll continue to say it. Just because you were lucky enough to get an item in however much time you did, doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't have the option to buy it when they might have played even more than you and still not been lucky enough to get it.

For Stat Hats, we just need a toggle to turn of the effects.

For DLC weapons, just get over it. They aren't buying an unfair advantage because it's stuff you've had almost a year to get through effort alone, and now people who weren't lucky enough to get items they wanted finally can.

Message 2 of 22 (143 Views)
Wastelander
573 posts

Aug 22, 2012
I can't get the guns I want because I don't play Uncharted forever. Smiley Sad
The new system is fair because now people that don't have time to play for treasures can just buy it.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 3 of 22 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Aug 22, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I've been saying this and I'll continue to say it. Just because you were lucky enough to get an item in however much time you did, doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't have the option to buy it when they might have played even more than you and still not been lucky enough to get it.

For DLC weapons, just get over it. They aren't buying an unfair advantage because it's stuff you've had almost a year to get through effort alone, and now people who weren't lucky enough to get items they wanted finally can.

I'm not denying them the opportunity. They should have to do something to earn the stuff though. I'd be completely happy with it being a micro transaction wager system based on winning a set number of games or achieving some co-op goal. Dependinig on what the treasure is related to.

Stats on items needs to go completely. It's not fair for anyone, being able to turn off the effects still relies on other people doing the same which they wont do if it's giving an advantage.

Message 4 of 22 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Aug 22, 2012
You know what would make me feel better? Charge people $9.99 for Talbot's FAL. That seems fair.
Message 5 of 22 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Aug 22, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:
You know what would make me feel better? Charge people $9.99 for Talbot's FAL. That seems fair.

Lol.

Talbot's FAL should be something like $0.99 with win 10 games of Hardcore in a row.

It'll annoy people just as much as the people who hunted for it and they will feel the pain.

Message 6 of 22 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Aug 22, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

No. 0.99 is fair.

YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 7 of 22 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6645 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I'm not denying them the opportunity. They should have to do something to earn the stuff though. I'd be completely happy with it being a micro transaction wager system based on winning a set number of games or achieving some co-op goal. Dependinig on what the treasure is related to.

Stats on items needs to go completely. It's not fair for anyone, being able to turn off the effects still relies on other people doing the same which they wont do if it's giving an advantage.

The whole point of the DLC option is to remove the luck factor. If someone has played a game modes for 100 hours and still not gotten an item giving them the option to but another luck based way to get it is an even bigger slap to the face. Buying a mission to earn them an alternate way is also pretty bad as most people who would even buy a gun would have probably put in a bunch of effort to try and get it already. A DLC purchase option is actually the fairest way, besides an in game cash option or some kind of linking treasures to completing missions.

As for stat hats, the toggle should be there. As for removing the stats completetly it won't happen and doesn't really need to. Unless you can show me a stat hat that's too powerful I don't see any convincing reason to remove them now that they're here, although I do agree that they shouldn't have been added in the first place.

Message 8 of 22 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20173 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Lol.

Talbot's FAL should be something like $0.99 with win 10 games of Hardcore in a row.

It'll annoy people just as much as the people who hunted for it and they will feel the pain.

1. Pay money
  2. Get 4 friends
  3. Win every HC game we play
  4. lol
Message 9 of 22 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6645 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Lol.

So you have to spend real money just for the chance to get screwed over by the purely luck based matchmaking system? That would be a massive rip off. It's honestly selfish to ask that people play for hundreds more hours to still not get the treasure they need when you're happy because you already got it.

Message 10 of 22 (107 Views)
0 Likes