Aug 23 2012
By: jobjobplayrough Lombax Warrior 91 posts

No Love for Day 1 supporters??

12 replies 277 views Edited Aug 23, 2012

I have been trying to wrap my head around this Micro-Transaction stuff that ND put into the game. I this is basically what I have came up with.

ND (and other Dev.) have NO LOVE for the Day 1 supporters of this game or any game/Dev for that matter. I went out Dropped $60+ on this game Day 1, Then jumped on and purchased the $25 FHC, (good Deal?) so initial I have spent about $90 on this game(with Taxes.) Then the GOTY Editions come out and cost what $40 dollars, and Im fine with that. Can we Day 1 peps get some type of Bonus/Skin/Gun for actually supporting the Games so that they can become a GOTY Edition. I really feel sorry for the folks who dropped the BIG BUCKS, at least  they have the Pirate AK(for a while) all to themselfs.

But then they dropped this Micro Transactions stuff on us. It was kind of nice to able to "Show Off" all the guns that I spent countless hours trying to obtain, Now you can just PAY for them. I don't mind having stuff like the HeadGear or the "Show" Guns that you can pay for, even though I have already given you $90 bucks for the game. It really all just a Bad Joke ND, unless of course this is to set U3 up for a Free to Play Multiplayer? That wouldn't be so bad that way the Matchmaking might actually find somebody from my own country to play, (No offensive to other countries, but when Playing a Multiplayer game like U3, Latency directly effects the playability of such game. Im sure you would agree because I probably LAG to you) Of course U3 could also employ a region switch for matchmaking.

So to ND, please give us Day 1 Supporters Something UNIQUE, you know kind of like the Beta Reward but better. And it should NOT be able to purchased with CASH.

Is U3 going FREE-To-PLAY??

Message 1 of 13 (277 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Re: No Love for Day 1 supporters??

Aug 23, 2012

jobjobplayrough wrote:

I have been trying to wrap my head around this Micro-Transaction stuff that ND put into the game. I this is basically what I have came up with.

ND (and other Dev.) have NO LOVE for the Day 1 supporters of this game or any game/Dev for that matter. I went out Dropped $60+ on this game Day 1, Then jumped on and purchased the $25 FHC, (good Deal?) so initial I have spent about $90 on this game(with Taxes.) Then the GOTY Editions come out and cost what $40 dollars, and Im fine with that. Can we Day 1 peps get some type of Bonus/Skin/Gun for actually supporting the Games so that they can become a GOTY Edition. I really feel sorry for the folks who dropped the BIG BUCKS, at least  they have the Pirate AK(for a while) all to themselfs.

But then they dropped this Micro Transactions stuff on us. It was kind of nice to able to "Show Off" all the guns that I spent countless hours trying to obtain, Now you can just PAY for them. I don't mind having stuff like the HeadGear or the "Show" Guns that you can pay for, even though I have already given you $90 bucks for the game. It really all just a Bad Joke ND, unless of course this is to set U3 up for a Free to Play Multiplayer? That wouldn't be so bad that way the Matchmaking might actually find somebody from my own country to play, (No offensive to other countries, but when Playing a Multiplayer game like U3, Latency directly effects the playability of such game. Im sure you would agree because I probably LAG to you) Of course U3 could also employ a region switch for matchmaking.

So to ND, please give us Day 1 Supporters Something UNIQUE, you know kind of like the Beta Reward but better. And it should NOT be able to purchased with CASH.

Is U3 going FREE-To-PLAY??

Kind of like how LittleBigPlanet gave that BETA Vest thing?  Oh, and I think they also gave you some sort of hazmat suit if you reported a bug.  It was a cool idea and the vest/suit looked pretty freakin' cool!

Also, that last part I bolded out gave me one helluva laugh.

Message 2 of 13 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 23, 2012

I seriously doupt it will ever go Free-To-Play (more of Joke then anything), but with all the Micro Transactions, including Tournement Tickets, makes me wounder?

I honestly think they could very well end up doing something like Killzone 3, but maybe let people play unlimitedly but not allow things like Legacing and possably not allowing boosters to go to Gold levels (Kind of like the Subway Thingy.)

Message 3 of 13 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Actually, you spent 85$, not 90$ Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Aug 23, 2012

jobjobplayrough wrote:

ND (and other Dev.) have NO LOVE for the Day 1 supporters of this game or any game/Dev for that matter.

beta bonuses are for people who get the game before day 1, pre-order bonuses are included in a lot of games, CE are included for all big games... even though developers are first and for most a buisness, they need money to keep making more things, they do however put LOVE into their games and target their abilities towards their fans, ps3 exclusives especially would not be as good today, if all they cared about is the money

look at COD, all they care about is the money, they release the same game every year with a different background and it continues to be terrible, but ps3 exclusives like uncharted change aspects of their game depending on their fanbase which is why there are betas, and for the fan base helping the developers fix the beta they are rewarded in the final game (only some people got their beta rewards but still) people who supported the game before day 1 are rewarded, in uncharted 3 they got to level 35 before the game was even released, even though you and a lot of people have put close to $100 in this game, you love it, you wouldn't still be here if you didn't, the game is closing in on a year after release, tell me that $100 spread over a 365 day term isn't worth it, for a game as good as this....

Message 5 of 13 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

Actually, you spent 85$, not 90$ Smiley Happy

Tax my dear Friend.

Taxrate I pay is 7% so that means I actually spent an EXACT total of $89.20 (no taxes on the FHC)

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Aug 23, 2012

No love for Day 1 support? The FHC DLC costs more now than it did when you paid $25 for it, and all of these microtransactions are for things you could have already acquired so it's not like they're holding you at gunpoint and making you buy it.

Message 7 of 13 (220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

Aug 23, 2012

dude theres plenty of love you can have the summer beta rewards which are exclusive and wont be anywhere else and also the ND AK and para 9 which ND have confirmed will only be given away as prizes of events and such.........you just arent paying attention bud.....sorry for your repent

Sleep Matt signature
Message 8 of 13 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 23, 2012

But when the GOTY Edition hits Store it will be what $40, includes all the DLC.

just sayin Smiley Wink

FHC was a good deal, I personally don't give a whoot about skins, I got it for the Map Packs.

And exactly were was I complaining about them "making" me buy it, I was simply stating that it was kind of a nice, feeling of accomplishment if you will. It doesn't really matter to me one way or another since I have had all the guns since like December.

Message 9 of 13 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Aug 23, 2012

The reward was getting to play the game early.

Message 10 of 13 (169 Views)
0 Likes