Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 01 2012
By: JD-- Survivor 2289 posts

No Incentive to playing Co-Op Arena[51 Kudos] (my ideas to fix it)

[ Edited ]
148 replies 1429 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Hey guys, I was thinking and talking about this with my bud, RandomZach, yesterday and well.... there really isn't an incentive to playing co-op arena. One of my good friends, jjjkur, inspired me to think like this and about these gun camos because of his thread - you should read it sometime, it's ingenious. :smileywink:

Sure, there's the challenge for beating it and getting a completion and a good sum of cash - but the outcome or reward is no different than completing it on Easy or Crushing. Yeah, there's the self gratitude of beating it on crushing, but it's only a difference of cash really in the endgame.

You have your Co-Op Adventure where there's skins for each map as well as character pieces for every mode. And to top it off, if you manage to beat all 5 levels on Crushing, you get a nice, shiny, silver star.

On Co-Op Arena, nothing.

You can get the same treasure sets complete in Easy, Normal, Hard, Crushing, Hunter Arena, and Shade Survival. You only get more cash, depending on the mode. Now, I don't think that's fair. How about some more rewarding aspects in Co-Op? I have a few ideas:

• Complete 5 on Easy mode for Drake's Para9 skin/camo for your Co-Op Para9.
  • Complete 5 on Easy mode for Marlowe's Para9 skin/camo for your Co-Op Para9.
  • Complete 5 on Easy mode for Jade's Para9 skin/camo for your Co-Op Para9.
  • Complete 10 on Normal for Drake's AK skin/camo for your Co-Op AK.
  • Complete 10 on Normal for Navarros's AK skin/camo for your Co-Op AK.
  • Complete 10 on Normal for Eddy's AK skin/camo for your Co-Op AK.
  • Complete 10 on Normal for Jade's AK skin/camo for your Co-Op AK.
  • Complete 20 on Hard for Flynn's M9 skin/camo for your Co-Op M9.
  • Complete 20 on Hard for Chloe's M9 skin/camo for your Co-Op M9.
  • Complete 20 on Hard for Jade's M9 skin/camo for your Co-Op M9.
  • Complete 20 on Hard for Marlowe's M9 skin/camo for your Co-Op M9.
  • Complete 30 on Crushing for Elena's GMAL skin/camo for your Co-Op GMAL.
  • Complete 30 on Crushing for Roman's GMAL skin/camo for your Co-Op GMAL.
  • Complete 30 on Crushing for Flynn's GMAL skin/camo for your Co-Op GMAL.

Now, these rewards are relatively easy for most Co-Op veterans, but the idea is to be able to fully customize our co-op loadouts. Then you could have more difficult tasks to be completed for even greater rewards:

• Complete 50 on Hard for a Silver plated Para9 skin/camo for your Co-Op Para9.
  • Complete 50 on Hard for a Silver plated AK skin/camo for your Co-Op AK.
  • Complete 50 on Crushing for a Silver plated M9 skin/camo for your Co-op M9.
  • Complete 50 on Crushing for a Silver plated GMAL skin/camo for your Co-Op GMAL.
  • Complete 100 on Hard for a Gold plated Para9 skin/camo for your Co-Op Para9.
  • Complete 100 on Hard for a Gold plated AK skin/camo for your Co-Op AK.
  • Complete 100 on Crushing for a Gold plated M9 skin/camo for your Co-Op M9.

• Complete 100 on Crushing for a Gold plated GMAL skin/camo for your Co-Op GMAL.

These may also be easy for some Co-Op Veterans, so further rewards would need to be put forth for Co-Op fanatics/addicts: (like myself)

• If you manage to complete all Arena maps on Crushing (non-DLC - after acquiring a Adventure Star) your star could turn Gold, or it could be a Skull, like how the level 100 was 'supposed' to be.
  • We could get a permanent discount on all Co-Op related items in the store. (in-game cash reduction) 20%-30% discount.

We could have kill specific/medal specific rewards as well:

• Acquire 50 "If It Bleeds..." medals for a Silver PAK-80 skin/camo for your Co-Op PAK-80.
  • Acquire 100 "If It Bleeds..." medals for a Gold PAK-80 skin/camo for your Co-Op PAK-80.
  • Acquire 1,000 Gate Keeper medals for Silver plated power weapons for your Co-Op Power weapons. (M-32 Hammer, Shotguns, Mag-5, RPG, and T-Bolt)
  • Acquire 2,000 Gate Keeper medals for Gold plated power weapons for your Co-Op Power weapons.
  • Acquire 250 Dead Eye medals for a Silver plated Dragon-Sniper for your Co-Op Dragon-Sniper.
  • Acquire 500 Dead Eye medals for a Gold plated Dragon-Sniper for your Co-Op Dragon-Sniper.
  • Acquire 50 Shield Basher/Riot Control medals (not sure what it's called) for a Silver plated Riot Shield for your Co-Op Riot Shield.
  • Acquire 100 Shield Basher/Riot Control medals (not sure what it's called) for a Gold plated Riot Shield for your Co-Op Riot Shield.

That's all of the ideas I can think of right now. Please tell me what you think, if you have any ideas of your own, let me know! I may add them to the OP! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 149 (1,429 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6937 posts

Re: No Incentive to playing Co-Op Arena...... (my ideas to fix that)

Oct 1, 2012

i would totally love silver chrome gold plated weapons all versions available in the game would be awesome and also nice putting the multi versions of the guns in coop as well kudos to you sir :smileytongue:

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 149 (1,421 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Another great thread by JD-- . That's what I like about you. You comment on threads and tell people right and wrong on their threads, but what sets you apart from other forumers that do that is you actually make threads. DAG on the other hand (no diss) never makes threads, yet he'll be the first one to tell you your thread is bad. I like this thread. And I like all your threads. Keep up the good work
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 149 (1,419 Views)
Survivor
2179 posts

Oct 1, 2012

JD, I think of you as the Luxis of co-op :smileyhappy: This would be teh shiz. I was actually thinking of a similar idea yesterday while playing co-op arena on Lost City. I had my Gold weapons in Competitive, why not in co-op? If these were retroactive I would have a nice amount of these.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 149 (1,411 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6937 posts

Oct 1, 2012

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
Another great thread by JD-- . That's what I like about you. You comment on threads and tell people right and wrong on their threads, but what sets you apart from other forumers that do that is you actually make threads. DAG on the other hand (no diss) never makes threads, yet he'll be the first one to tell you your thread is bad. I like this thread. And I like all your threads. Keep up the good work

this especially if he thinks it shouldnt be there......yet i never seen 1 thread made all i see is derailed

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 149 (1,410 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Yep punkish I think
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 149 (1,400 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6937 posts

Oct 1, 2012

yes and he also doesnt accept friend requests.......by the looks of it

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 149 (1,393 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2289 posts

Oct 1, 2012

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:

Awww. *blushes* thanks, man. :smileyvery-happy:

I do what I can. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 149 (1,385 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2289 posts

Oct 1, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

JD, I think of you as the Luxis of co-op :smileyhappy: This would be teh shiz. I was actually thinking of a similar idea yesterday while playing co-op arena on Lost City. I had my Gold weapons in Competitive, why not in co-op? If these were retroactive I would have a nice amount of these.

Lol, I'm honored. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 149 (1,381 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Great Ideas these would add some incentive to play. +1 JD-- :smileyhappy:

@Shut_Up_Fools: So what if he doesn't make threads, it's better than making tons of useless threads that nobody gives a **** about. To be honest he only derails the pointless or bad threads.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 149 (1,380 Views)