Apr 16 2011
By: Joanastic Lombax Warrior 173 posts

New info about U3 Multiplayer (G4TV filtration)

148 replies 104 views Edited Apr 16, 2011

Sony revealed two of the Uncharted 3 multiplayer maps at their E3 Sneak Peek event last week. The multiplayer was pretty neat, offering booster (also known as perks for those familiar with Call of Duty) and a brand new medal system. You get medals for kills and then can spend those medals on one-use items like a grenade that splits into three grenades. Naughty Dog has also introduced what everyone wants in Uncharted 3 multiplayer: the ability to sprint.

Source: G4TV

And a detail...Nolan North & Richard McGonagle are recording a BTS?

Nolan North and Richard McGonagle

Message 1 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Me want pictures and videos of the maps! :)

Apr 16, 2011

Me want pictures and videos of the maps! :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3152 posts

That sounds cool, especially being able to spend medal po...

Apr 16, 2011

That sounds cool, especially being able to spend medal points on one use items.

I guess when you die there's a store before you respawn? I can only imagine that you spend what you earn in each match, because otherwise you'll get people saving up and then just completely dominating every 10th match or whatever.

I also wonder if they'll therefore implement sprinting into the single player? It would be a change if nothing else.

Message 3 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
653 posts

If what you said OP is really true.. then you are my new...

Apr 16, 2011

If what you said OP is really true.. then you are my new personal hero!!  KUDOS!!!

WOAH AWESOME!! One-useonly  items? This sounds great! I have never thought of that!! CAN"T WAAIIT FOR FREAKIN MONDAY!

Message 4 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

Yea, it was a blog post here: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed...

Apr 16, 2011

Yea, it was a blog post here:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/711917/uncharted-3-multiplayer-reveal-video/

But G4TV has taken it down since.  Either they leaked the info too early or the info was considered unsubstantiated rumor.

Message 5 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

WHAT???!!! WHO SAID THEY WANTED THAT!!! Anyways, do you h...

Apr 16, 2011

Joanastic wrote:

Sony revealed two of the Uncharted 3 multiplayer maps at their E3 Sneak Peek event last week. The multiplayer was pretty neat, offering booster (also known as perks for those familiar with Call of Duty) and a brand new medal system. You get medals for kills and then can spend those medals on one-use items like a grenade that splits into three grenades. Naughty Dog has also introduced what everyone wants in Uncharted 3 multiplayer: the ability to sprint.

WHAT???!!! WHO SAID THEY WANTED THAT!!!

Anyways, do you have a link? I hope this isn't true. Well, only the sprinting thing....

Also, this was last week?????? How come we just found out about this?

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 6 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Pretty sure its embargoed until Monday, if its the same i...

Apr 16, 2011

NOx_Covenant wrote:

Yea, it was a blog post here:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/711917/uncharted-3-multiplayer-reveal-video/

But G4TV has taken it down since.  Either they leaked the info too early or the info was considered unsubstantiated rumor.

Pretty sure its embargoed until Monday, if its the same info IGN will be publishing.

Message 7 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Getting excited...

Apr 16, 2011

BIG monday coming up on 04/18/2011!

Looking forward to it...new details are always welcom and NICE! 

NDI:

Do it.

DO IT. 

DO IT!

Message 8 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

I feel like Monday's happening in a long time :( Especial...

Apr 16, 2011

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

BIG monday coming up on 04/18/2011!

Looking forward to it...new details are always welcom and NICE! 

NDI:

Do it.

DO IT. 

DO IT!

I feel like Monday's happening in a long time :smileysad: Especially because of Portal 2's release on Tuesday.

I wonder how time will go in October.......

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 9 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Not really liking that multiplayer news

Apr 16, 2011

Awesome - I can't wait to see Nolan North and Richard McGonagle in another behind the scenes featurette! :smileyvery-happy:

That news about the multiplayer, admittedly, doesn't really excite me. Playing Halo Reach online has taught me to utterly despise any and all sprinting abilities, especially in multiplayer adversarial... and having one-use-only special items from medals also sounds strange. Right now it mostly sounds annoying to me.

In fact, the one-use items add a whole new level to the entire "booster" idea, which I don't really like in the first place. I don't like everyone having some advantage or another over everyone else. I've gotten used to boosters now, mostly, thanks to Uncharted 2... but I don't really want other people to have another reason to focus more on killing each other than completing the objective in Objective-based game types. Plus I, personally, just don't like the idea of that unpredictability where the person you're fighting might be able to kill you, not because of skill, but just because they managed to get their hands on this special little item that totally rocks and can probably kill you instantly.

It's like taking "rushing to the power weapons" to a whole new level: now the power weapons come to you.

Personally, I like the Uncharted 2 multiplayer just fine, except for a few little things - but nothing about it has ever bothered me enough for me to complain about it on the forums here.

But I'm just being a pessimist again. :smileytongue: I'm sure Naughty Dog knows what they're doing.

Looking forward to more info! :smileyhappy: Thanks for posting.

Here's hoping we also get some single player/story announcements next week... maybe another trailer (hopefully with Elena "I kept your tears in a jar" Fisher and lots more of Nate being awesome)?

Message 10 of 149 (104 Views)
0 Likes