Sep 07 2012
By: SjShane Fender Bender 2392 posts
Accepted Solution

New(?) bug that causes you to be immortal. (Updated with video)

[ Edited ]
9 replies 450 views Edited Sep 7, 2012

Played a Plunder match about an hour ago, a grenade blew up near me without knocking me down and suddenly I became a bullet sponge, but unlike the dead body glitch, they could see me running around. It wasn't like the zombie glitch either, as it didn't tell me that I'd died and it lasted a lot longer (over a full minute). After about 6 kills, I ended up dropping dead without warning.

Another weird thing I noticed was that I had no aiming reticle, it seems to show up in cinema however. And the players trying to kill me kept going into the melee animation but it didn't effect me in any way.  Has anyone had this happen before?

It was a very laggy match, so that might be what's to blame.

Pepsi
Message 1 of 10 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9204 posts

Re: New(?) bug that causes you to be immortal.

Sep 7, 2012

Why didn't you try to score if the enemy players couldn't hit you? and no, I've never come across this bug. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 2 of 10 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Sep 7, 2012
It actually wouldn't let me pick up the idol, or any other guns either. I believe I also lost my HUD as I was clueless that I'd run out of ammo.
Pepsi
Message 3 of 10 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 7, 2012
Happens to me twice,, but It didn't last as long.

I was invincible for about 30 seconds then I just died.

Once in co-op and once in competitive.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 4 of 10 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Maybe pull downs and stealth kills would kill you. They aren't bullets or grenades and kill you in 1 hit.

Message 5 of 10 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Sep 7, 2012
Lag, serious lag. Get a better connection.
Message 6 of 10 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Sep 7, 2012

SjShane wrote:
Played a Plunder match about an hour ago, a grenade blew up near me without knocking me down and suddenly I became a bullet sponge, but unlike the dead body glitch, they could see me running around. It wasn't like the zombie glitch either, as it didn't tell me that I'd died and it lasted a lot longer (over a full minute). After about 6 kills, I ended up dropping dead without warning.

Another weird thing I noticed was that I had no aiming reticle, it seems to show up in cinema however. And the players trying to kill me kept going into the melee animation but it didn't effect me in any way. Will upload a video tomorrow, but has anyone had this happen before?

It's not new. It's actually the glitch where you lose control of your character. The minute you start sprinting, you cannot do anything else other than move the camera.

Additionally, this has happened to me twice and it's almost always related to a grenade hitting me and me canceling out the death animation with the perfectly timed roll, thus magically healing me to full and living... and unable to die. The game thinks you're already dead, but in reality you're not. I want to chalk it up to another netcode related issue but I wouldn't know 100% for sure because... it can't be replicated.

So, no, it's not new. New to you, yes, but people have been reporting it since the beginning and ND is unable to replicate it (afaik) thus, no fix.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Happened to me once doing a plunder in Syria. A grenade went off as I was getting a 3 medal pickup. Suddenly my white screen went back to normal and I was invincible for a good 45 seconds. I couldn't fire my gun so I just ran around and double melee'd a few people. Probably got like 4 kills before I just randomly died.

Message 8 of 10 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: New(?) bug that causes you to be immortal. (Updated with video)

Sep 7, 2012
It's lag. The no pick up guns happens to me when the host lags out (game score is stuck, no respawninf, and you have to quit). You dropping dead after a period of time confirms it for me. That's what lag switchers do, except they can't last a whole minute without the server booting them.

Message 9 of 10 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Sep 7, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

SjShane wrote:

Another weird thing I noticed was that I had no aiming reticle, it seems to show up in cinema however. And the players trying to kill me kept going into the melee animation but it didn't effect me in any way. Will upload a video tomorrow, but has anyone had this happen before?

It's not new. It's actually the glitch where you lose control of your character. The minute you start sprinting, you cannot do anything else other than move the camera.

Additionally, this has happened to me twice and it's almost always related to a grenade hitting me and me canceling out the death animation with the perfectly timed roll, thus magically healing me to full and living... and unable to die. The game thinks you're already dead, but in reality you're not. I want to chalk it up to another netcode related issue but I wouldn't know 100% for sure because... it can't be replicated.

So, no, it's not new. New to you, yes, but people have been reporting it since the beginning and ND is unable to replicate it (afaik) thus, no fix.

That sounds about right, but I'd never known it to let you take control, and I actually sprinted without getting stuck, and randomly dropping dead was new to me too.

Pepsi
Message 10 of 10 (224 Views)
0 Likes