Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 30 2012
By: JD-- Survivor 2289 posts

[New Update - Toxic]Co-Op - Mods for other Weapons[21 Kudos]

[ Edited ]
67 replies 920 views Edited Dec 9, 2012

***One of my old friends, SpaceAss-, came up with this idea, originally.

***Ideas and opinions have been directly derived from SLEAZE_IT_UP, Alluboy_, Toxic156, and SteepMatt.

The mods in co-op are extremely necessary. There are 8 weapons in Co-Op that you can place mods on. (AK, G-MAL, Dragon Sniper, M9, KAL-7, Para9, Arm-Micro, and Raffica) But, there are more weapons in co-op that are used, but no mods can be placed on them. Such as the FAL-SS and TAU-Sniper.

Now, the average amount of mods placed on one gun at a time in Co-Op is 4. So, each weapon would need 4 unique mods.

FAL-SS

• Reload Speed (Level 50 - $45,000)
  • Extended Clip (Level 54 - $67,000)
  • Blindfire Accuracy (Level 61 - $110,000)
  • Max Ammo or Accuracy (Level 66 - $170,000)

TAU-Sniper

• Reload Speed (Level 52 - $55,000)
  • Blindfire Accuracy (Level 59 - $90,000)
  • Max Ammo (Level 63 - $130,000)
  • Rate of Fire (Level 70 - $200,000)

People will probably think that these mods may not be in here because it would cause the guns to be "over powered" in 'Hunter' mode. Well, simply, it won't. In 'Hunter' mode we already are allowed (as Heroes) to have a fully modded AK, G-MAL, Dragon Sniper, M9, KAL-7, Para9, Arm-Micro, and Raffica, so why would it hurt to have just two more weapons?

The FAL-SS makes a few appearances in the Arena levels, especially Sanctuary. The TAU-Sniper makes constant appearances in the Adventure levels of co-op, so mods for this weapon would greatly be accepted/needed.

Having a weapon in Crushing arena that doesn't have some form of "Speed Reload" or "Max Ammo" mod is usually useless in terms of effectiveness and being a tool of survival. The FAL and KAL-7 were placed in the Co-Op Arena maps post to the DLC map pack releases, the KAL has mods, the FAL does not.

I was playing Shade Survival on Sanctuary on Crushing one time and (like we all do) run out of ammo. The only weapon laying around was a FAL-SS. The unmodded weapon proved to be less than useful against the ever-approaching Shade enemies. And at that moment, bullets per second being pumped into them meant life and death. Because the lack of more ammo, reload speed, and a small clip size, I perished immediately.

Now, these weapons may need mods to begin with, but other weapons are lacking necessary mods. Such as the AK, M9, and other weapons as well. Alluboy_ suggested adding a necessary "Scope Zoom" mod to weapons, which got me thinking that other weapons could use some other mods such as "Max Ammo" and "Rate of Fire."

AK-47

• Max Ammo (Level 40 - $100,000)
  • Scope Zoom (Level 48 - $150,000)
  • Rate of Fire (Level 52 - $200,000)

M9

• Max Ammo (Level 45 - $115,000)
  • Scope Zoom (Level 50 - $164,000)

G-MAL

• Max Ammo (Level 51 - $210,000)

Dragon Sniper

• Call Out (Level 30 - $50,000)

Now, people may say: "7 mods on ONE gun?!?! Blasphemy!" Well, see, if that is the case in terms of "over-poweredness," allow only up to 4 mods to be on the gun at one time. Let's say you prefer speed and ammo over accuracy, you'd place Reload Speed, Ext. Clip, Max Ammo, and Rate of Fire on your AK.

Call Out on the Dragon Sniper was a mod I'd like to see. The gun itself is uncommonly used amongst co-op'ers, but since it is the ONLY weapon that does not have the norm 4 mods on it, let's make this the mod. It would work the exact same as it does in Competitive modes. It could be a great tactical advantage for the other players on the team. It would point out chokers in the distance, RPGers up high, and various other enemies.

The Call Out mod would "color code" the enemies based on their type, such as:

Blue - Chokers and Armored Chokers.

Light Red - For normal guards/unarmored guards

Dark Red - For armored enemies.

Yellow - RPGers and Armored RPGers.

Black - PAK-80 Brutes.

So, what do you think? Good idea? Let me know if I should change it or whatever.

Thanks for reading. :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 68 (920 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10076 posts

Re: Co-Op - Mods for other Weapons

Nov 30, 2012
I'm all in for Tau mods. Give me reasons to not just take this revolver named Wes, you know.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 2 of 68 (901 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7094 posts

Nov 30, 2012
This won't happen..... Pathetically and sadly :smileysad:
Sleep Matt signature
Message 3 of 68 (893 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2289 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:
This won't happen..... Pathetically and sadly :smileysad:

Oh come on, guys... Every time I make a co-op thread now, at least 6 of you have to comment saying: "oh, this will never happen." 

Really? You don't think I know that?! I just share my ideas with the community to get feedback and speak my mind... Stop saying that, I know it won't, just give me some feedback on it. Telling me what to change, add, and/or delete about it.

Message 4 of 68 (889 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5883 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Well they should at least follow the patterns of the other guns, and I doubt ND will make a new mod for a gun, let alone in a co-op mode such as max ammo for the tau.

It should be reload, clip size, BF acc, and Acc for the Fal.

and reload speed and RoF for the Tau.

Adding more mods to the Tau might make it a bit OP considering it already kills regular enemies in 1-hit, being able to blindfire it effectively along with having more ammo will make it insane.

Though I do agree that these 2 guns do need to be modded.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 5 of 68 (884 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7094 posts

Nov 30, 2012
There should be more detailed explanations maybe explain why you want them or why they are necessary to be there as opposed to why they weren't included???
Sleep Matt signature
Message 6 of 68 (883 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Lol I know, someone has to come and poop on the party every thread :smileytongue:

Good idea JD, it'd be cool to mod out my FAL :smileytongue:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 7 of 68 (882 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10076 posts

Nov 30, 2012
They aren't common weapons. The FAL was like, DLC maps only and the Tau was probably not thought of. The reason we need mods to is kill the AI faster. duh.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 8 of 68 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

Nov 30, 2012

The FAL-SS is the obvious gun that need mods. It doesn't appear in every co-op arena/adv. map but it's the same with the KAL-7 which did get mods. I would change blindfire accuracy with accuracy and definitely add Max ammo though. Other than that I fully agree.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 9 of 68 (868 Views)
Wastelander
554 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I don't use mods on the KAL-7, because i mostly play arena, everyone aims there only to steal your kills :smileymad: , but definitely would use all of the FAL mods, FAL FTW!

What Co-Op needs is attention, More exclusive customization, gun camos and other stuff, Kudos again, JD! :smileyvery-happy:

I like cats :3

Message 10 of 68 (844 Views)
0 Likes