Survivor
2348 posts

Re: New Labs listed for MONTHS to come!!

Sep 19, 2012

what's the date for block mesh map #9? you go from #8 to #10? 

Message 51 of 60 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
79 posts

Sep 19, 2012

canadian94eh wrote:

what's the date for block mesh map #9? you go from #8 to #10? 

January 8, 2013

Message 52 of 60 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6401 posts

Sep 19, 2012

RPG TDM sucked.

Judging by how well that did, I'm sure plunder will be worse. Especially if we don't get boosters. Anyone who touches the idol will get instantly blown up, not to mention teamkills galore.

Other then that, most of the rest seem quite promising.

photo Sniper.png
Message 53 of 60 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Sep 19, 2012

That's AWESOME! I love some of these ideas! Smiley Happy

DATE

2012-10-2
EVENT
Lab - Plunder Pistols Only

This could be interesting, I assume with Pistols they mean the 2-shot Pistols, right? If so - think of it, they're crap at range so you'll need to get close to the carrier, but... not too close as he'll be able to kill you with the idol Smiley Wink

DATE
2012-10-30
EVENT
Lab - Shield/Pistol Mega Bomb TDM

Mega bomb? O_o Wow, I'm already starting to think in what  places I'm going to throw it Smiley Wink

DATE
2012-12-11
EVENT
Lab - Crushing TDM

Today I've launched Uncharted 2 after a LOT of time and it was ridiculous, I wonder if U3 with this amount of health, but with the option to sprint is going to be either fun or a disappointment. To anyone who hasn't played U2 in a long while - try it, you'll such so bad that the toy-gun sounds won't even be funny for you anymore Smiley Wink Anyway, looking forward to this lab.

DATE
2013-1-1
EVENT
Lab - Sawed-Off Shotgun/Uzi Cluster Bomb 2v2v2

I wonder if it will be - just 1 Clusted Bomb for anyone at spawn or more or if any picked up grenade will be a Cluster Bomb? Anyway - I imagine this will be lots of fun, but to bad it's only for 6 players, but then... makes sense with the Cluster Bombs. Kudos for anyone who gets to use their Sawed-Off Shotgun during this match Smiley Wink

DATE
2013-2-26
EVENT
Lab - Hammer/Uzi TDM

This makes me think... is there still a "Kneel Before Z" medal in U3? I think not... that's a shame Smiley Wink

DATE
2013-4-9
EVENT
Lab - PAK-80/Pistol FFA

Muahaha! This will be very interesting, but I wonder... will you be able to actually "hide" your PAK when you pull out the Pistol and then get it back as a regular long gun or will you drop it just as usual. I hope you will lose it when you draw your Pistol because this could make the match VERY interesting. Will you sacrifice your PAK for mobility or will you hold onto it? If you do - you'll need to be close to some cover anytime as anyone who chooses the pistol will easily kill you.

DATE
2013-4-23
EVENT
Lab - T-Bolt/Pistole Plunder (low ammo)

Oh how I HATE the T-Bolt. I've chosen it as my kickback recently just to be able to practice using this thing. I don't know what's wrng with me, for other people 5 T-Bolt bullets = 5 kills, for me it means... plesae let no one come from the side and I might get a shot at at least 1 kill if I'm lucky Smiley Wink That's just humiliating... but I'm looking forward into this hoping it will be a good lesson for me.

DATE
2013-5-7
EVENT
Lab - 2v2 TDM

As someone pointed out earlier - this will be EXTREMELY boring. How many times you spawn at the other end of the map and need to run across just to get some action? Now, imagine getting on the other side and there's still no action as 1 player on the other team might be dead and how the hell are you going to find the other one. I would LOL if they would make the goal 200 kills per match Smiley Wink

Anyway - looking forward to all of these games and of course all the block mesh maps Smiley Happy

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 54 of 60 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
470 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I want RPG TDM back, it was fun or grenades only like in UC2...

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 55 of 60 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5215 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Good post! I'm very excited for all the block mesh maps. Great idea by ND to implement new maps without having to do crazy amounts of extra work.
Message 56 of 60 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3921 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Message 57 of 60 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2230 posts

Re: New labs listed for months to come!

Sep 20, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

A lot of these sound like fun game modes, but I wish ND had taken some inspiration from the Lab section of the forums (no, not just my own threads- plenty of people have created interesting modes). 

why not block mesh for OJB or Plunder?

It's a matter of TDM being easier to design for and clearer designed than Plunder/Obj. Granted, all the maps (both DLC and non-DLC) work for Plunder/Obj they're not necessarily designed with them in mind at all. They're making these Mesh Maps like right now probably and don't want to take the extra effort to accommodate people who are sick of TDM at this point; simply because tons of other players like TDM more.

It sucks but that's how it is. I don't think I would've liked BMM1 as Plunder, for instance, as nobody would be able to cap anything on that map because of its ridiculous verticality for sniping. Can you imagine how bad it would be? *shivers*

thats my whole point own1n. they have complete freedom in the desigen. So why not create some with only TDM in mind (like, say, map #1). And create others with specificly, say, Plunder in mind for another. Not every block mesh HAS to be TDM, just like every LAB musn't be TDM (and some arent). 

imo they should create the Maps around different game modes, instead of making all of them for TDM. lost oppotunity. I agree map #1 would been poor for Plunder, but im sure they are capable of making an amazing block mesh Plunder map.

also, i unfriended you, because we never play together. nothin personal

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 58 of 60 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Not even 1 co-op special lab. Smiley Indifferent

Photobucket
Message 59 of 60 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7341 posts

Sep 20, 2012

awesome mega bomb tdm!!! thatll be cool and also y u no make treasure drop weekend Smiley Sad

Sleep Matt signature
Message 60 of 60 (81 Views)
0 Likes