Jun 30 2012
By: ryumitch1 Uncharted Territory 1564 posts

New Forum Help Thread

40 replies 368 views Edited Jun 30, 2012

ok, so we have a new forum, but i think it would be pretty helpful to have a thread helping people work this place out Smiley Tongue Do the mods already have this in mind?

first things first, can i change my profile picture? i've been looking around and i can't find it....so am i stuck with my default psn one?

Message 1 of 41 (368 Views)
MVP Support
12420 posts

Re: New Forum Help Thread

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

ryumitch1 wrote:

ok, so we have a new forum, but i think it would be pretty helpful to have a thread helping people work this place out Smiley Tongue Do the mods already have this in mind?

I think a New Forum Help Thread is a wonderful idea, ryumitch1. I’m not sure if you will receive an official thread of this nature in the Multiplayer General section. With that being said, I can try and answer some questions if people have some.

ryumitch1 wrote:

first things first, can i change my profile picture? i've been looking around and i can't find it....so am i stuck with my default psn one?

You cannot change your avatar right now (at the time of this post) unless you change your PSN avatar.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 2 of 41 (357 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4794 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

ryumitch1 wrote:

I think a New Forum Help Thread is a wonderful idea, ryumitch1. I’m not sure if you will receive an official thread of this nature in the Multiplayer General section. With that being said, I can try and answer some questions if people have some.

ryumitch1 wrote:

You cannot change your avatar right now (at the time of this post) unless you change your PSN avatar.

Do you know if we will be able to in the future? I miss my puppy Smiley Sad

tlousig2
Message 3 of 41 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19728 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

ryumitch1 wrote:

ryumitch1 wrote:

I'm sure we will, considering the Help tab in this forum says how to change your avatar.

Also, we'll get custom Profile Badges later, too. I await that eagerly.

Message 4 of 41 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4327 posts

Jun 30, 2012

If you ever need to see recent posts like the "overview" tab...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/category-id/14818

This thread below is a probably a good one to give feedback and suggestions on the new forums because it's in the right place...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-General/New-Forum-Layout-Suggestions/m-p/37...

Just be aware that the forums are unfinished, but these will improve over time. 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 5 of 41 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19728 posts

Jun 30, 2012
Also, if you want to particular subforum to be on the top of the main page, click on Board Options and say Float to Top. It will appear on the front page of this forum. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 41 (287 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
437 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

You're not the same without it Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 41 (278 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12420 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Forum functionality and stability are being worked on first and foremost with cosmetic changes taking a back seat at the moment.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 8 of 41 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Hey, SweetPoison, since you have some knowlege of the upcoming changes (and if you don't mind my asking) are there any plans to include a "looking for players/clan members" sub-section in the multiplayer forums? I think they would benefit all of the communities here as they would prevent such threads from burying ones pertaining to issues, gameplay styles and whatnot. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 9 of 41 (216 Views)
Naughty Paw
19728 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

Hey, SweetPoison, since you have some knowlege of the upcoming changes (and if you don't mind my asking) are there any plans to include a "looking for players/clan members" sub-section in the multiplayer forums? I think they would benefit all of the communities here as they would prevent such threads from burying ones pertaining to issues, gameplay styles and whatnot. 

Please add this so we can have less clan clutter in this section.

Message 10 of 41 (213 Views)
0 Likes