Sep 01 2012
By: King_Cobra97 Uncharted Territory 1603 posts

New 3rd Boosters Combos, Original Ideas Wanted!

[ Edited ]
102 replies 1618 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

In BIG2KREW's latest quick tips Eric said that they are open to suggestions for new 3rd buddy boosters. On top of adding all the skin variants (i.e. Suited Drake) I'd like people to submit their ideas for new 3rd booster skins in this thread so it's easy for ND to see. I'll start us off.

New 3rd Buddy Booster Combos

Charlie_Cutter[1].jpg

Charlie Cutter

• Long gun- already exists. Cutter's Kal7, scope zoom, reload speed and call out.
  • Sidearm- doesn't exist yet. Cutter's Raffica, blindfire accuracy and clip size.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Explosives Buddy.

Flynn_render[1].jpg

Harry Flynn

• Long gun 1- Flynn's M9, clip size and blindfire accuracy.
  • Long gun 2- Flynn's g-mal, max ammo, clip size.
  • Sidearm- Doesn't exist yet. Flynn's micro, blindfire accuracy and clip size.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Sugar Buddy with long gun 1, Stealth Buddy for 2.

255405-drakes_fortune_eddie_large[1].jpg

Eddy RajaToxic156, Watanabe_ugo & xPhoenix-918x

• Long gun 1- Eddy's AK, scope zoom, clip size, call out.
  • Long gun 2- Eddy's Fal-SS, max ammo, clip size.
  • Sidearm- Doesn't exist yet, Eddy's Tau, reload speed or clip size and max ammo or call out.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Booty Buddy for 1, Sugar Buddy for 2.

Eddy's micro changed to Eddy's Tau

130px-0,654,10,589-Lazarevic_render[1].jpg

Zoran Lazarevic Toxic156

• Long gun 1- Lazzy's Kal7, blindfire accuracy and max ammo.
  • Long gun 2- Lazzy's Fal-SS, blindfire accuracy and reload speed.
  • Sidearm- Doesn't exist yet. Lazzy's Micro, blindfire accuracy or max ammo and clip size.
  • 3rd buddy booster- 1 grants Power Buddy or For My Buddy, 2 grants Explosives Buddy.

changed Sugar Buddy to Explosives Buddy & Tau to Micro due to to many taus with the same combo  

250px-Navarro_render[1].jpg

Atoq Navarro TeabagMcFrag

• Long gun- Navarro's AK, max ammo and reload speed.
  • Sidearm- Doesn't exist yet. Navarro's Raffica, blindfire accuracy and clip size or max ammo.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Sugar Buddy.

Booty Buddy changed to Sugar buddy

250px-Salimrender[1].jpgSalim TeabagMcFrag

• Long gun- Doesn't exist yet. Salim's M9, call out and reload speed.
  • Sidearm-Doesn't exist yet. Salim's para 9, reload speed and blindfire accuracy or max ammo.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Thanks buddy.

250px-Gabriel_Roman[1].png

Gabriel Roman TeabagMcFrag & TheStuntDouble

• Long gun- Roman's G-mal, blindfire accuracy, reload speed.
  • Sidearm- none as of now, Roman's micro, reload speed and clip size or max ammo.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Thanks Buddy.

Uncharted_Jeff_Multiplayer[1].jpg

Cameraman JeffRedouanfaka

• Long gun- Doesn't exist. Jeff's Dragon, call out and clip size.
  • Sidearm- Doesn't exist yet. Jeff's Tau, max ammo or clip size or call out and reload speed.
  • 3rd buddy booster- For My Buddy or Brawl Buddy.

original[7].jpg

Lieutenant Drazabrandon207_

• Long gun- Draza's Dragon, clip size and reload speed.
  • Sidearm- Doesn't exist yet. Draza's Raffica, max ammo or reload speed and clip size.
  • 3rd buddy booster- For My Buddy.

Changed Draza's micro to Draza's Raffica because a dragon micro combo exists already

Tenzin_render[1].jpg

TenzinRedouanfaka

• Long gun- Doesn't exist yet. Tenzin's Fal-SS, call out, blindfire accuracy and max ammo.
  • Sidearm- Doesn't exist yet. Tenzin's Tau,  max ammo or call out and reload speed.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Retribution Buddy or For My Buddy.

130px-183,820,0,563-Spyder[1].jpg SpyderI-Like-Pie45

• Long gun- Spyder's M9, call out and max ammo.
  • Sidearm-Not a reality yet. Spyder's Para 9, clip size or max ammo and reload speed.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Sugar Buddy.

150px-Pirate[1].jpg

Custom Hero/VillainxSKIN_N_BONESx

• Long gun 1- Jade AK, blindfire accuracy and max ammo.
  • Long gun 2- Jade M9, clip size and reload speed.
  • Sidearm- Jade Para 9, Blindfire accuracy and reload speed.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Stealth Buddy.

images[2].jpg

Karl Schäfer Redouanfaka

• Long gun- Doesn't exist. Schäfer's AK, Scope zoom and max ammo.
  • Sidearn- Doesn't exist. Schäfer's Raffica, max ammo or blindfire accuracy and reload speed.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Call Out Buddy or Explosives Buddy

Robert_guerro[1].jpg Roberto GuerroRedouanfaka

• Long gun- Doesn't exist. Guerro's G-mal. blindfire A\accuracy and max ammo.
  • Sidearm- Also doesn't exist. Guerro's Tau, max ammo or reload speed and call out.
  • 3rd buddy booster- Speedy Buddy or Sugar Buddy.  

New Buddy Boosters

With more buddy combinations it would be great to have more buddy boosters for them.

Streak Buddy- Get 3 medals when you buddy gets a streak (5 kills in a row). TheStuntDouble

Brawl Buddy- Get a medal for every melee kill you buddy gets, or 2 medals for every 3 melee kills. TheStuntDouble

Quiet Buddy- You make 50% less noise 15ft from your buddy.I-Like-Pie45

Boom Buddy-  Teamsafe between you and your buddy.I-Like-Pie45

Bandoleer Buddy-Gives you a clip of ammo for every commando your buddy gets and a 'nade for frag 'ems. Dekumanus

Ammo Buddy- Gives you a clip of ammo and a 'nade for every hi-5 with your buddy. jjjkur

Taunt buddy- Get a medal for every person your buddy taunts.TeabagMcFrag

Headshot Buddy- Every time your buddy gets a headshot kill you get the assist. gunnsandwiches42

Call Out Buddy- Every enemy your buddy shoots at you see.crimsonine

Power Buddy- Every time your buddy gets a power killer medal you see all PWs for a short time.TheStuntDouble

Retribution Buddy- When you kill the enemy that last killed your buddy you get a medal.xSKIN_N_BONESx

Speedy Buddy- Your 15% faster when your 15ft or less from your buddy.brandon207_

Bandage Buddy- You heal 50% faster 15ft or less from your buddy.

Sniper Buddy- Get 1/2 your kickback when your buddy gets a The Long Ranger medal.TheStuntDouble

Whoa, Buddy- You get a full kickback for every Hail Mary your buddy earns. TheStuntDouble 

High Roller Buddy- Get a kickback when your buddy gets a dizzy medal. TheStuntDouble

Buddy?- Get a medal for every cover based medal your buddy earns. TheStuntDouble

Wait Buddy- Get a kickback when your buddy gets a Marathon Runner medal. TheStuntDouble

Negative Buddy Boosters

Bad Timing- Reload everytime your buddy reloads. Matthijs_17

Broken Heart- Die or take damage every time your buddy dies. Matthijs_17

Shared Workload- Move slower when your buddy is carring something heavy. The StuntDouble

Aftershock- Take a hit when your buddy dies to a grenade. TheStuntDouble

Other Section

Pistol Mods

All pistols currently have four or less mods to equip with, three or less of which may be equipped on character guns. Because of this only three possible combinations of mods on treasure guns are possible. Currently only two combinations remain unused. If you want to make more 3rd booster combinations than two without overlapping them you need to have  a new mod for pistols.

• Max ammo- Could be located at the holster or on the belt by your grenades instead of being on the gun itself.  
  • Call out- Just like it's long gun counterpart.
  • Blindfire accuracy & clip size- New for the tau sniper.

An idea if ND can't/won't make new guns from Huskers1598

"I don't think ND is going to make any more character guns, so I would suggest making base weapons give a third booster for characters that don't have guns. Or if a character has only one gun, then that and a base gun as the second. This might seem too easy but it's the best solution IMO, and you would be limited to only one mod per gun. I do agree that jade guns should give the secret booster to custom characters as an exception."

Different buddy boosters for variants by brandon207_

"Now one of the first ideas that were said was about 3rd boosters not working on characters DLC variants in fact any variants of them at all. So here’s an idea, why don't we allow these skins to receive their 3rd boosters but let’s not stop there. Each different variant could give you another buddy booster. For example If you equipped Drakes weapons with his Nepal skin he would receive a buddy booster that is not explosive buddy but a different one like for my buddy, I think this would work really well and would allow players to choose their 3rd booster with a that certain skin. They wouldn't be forced to use that skin if they wanted that certain 3rd booster anymore."

Having to use a specific character for 3rd boosters. xSKIN_N_BONESx

" The current set up causes a few bad things.

• What Third Booster you get depends on whether you're heroes or villains.
  • Some are only possible for heroes and some are only possible for villains.
  • You're forced to sacrifice appearance for performance, just like the current stat hats that don't have a toggle.
  • It encourages people to play as the same few main characters.

Letting any character on any team use a third booster as long as they have the two weapons that are part of the pair is fairer, and doesn't discourage using other skins."

Note: If anyone could come up with some patterns or designs for character's guns who don't have any it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 103 (1,618 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: New 3rd Boosters, Ideas Wanted!

Sep 1, 2012
Yes. I want Flynn to have a Para 9, but a Para 9 M9 combo is pretty strong, so they may not do it. But sugar buddy is great for Flynn. Cutters explosive buddy could be a reference to his Co Op Adventure. Nice job!

Message 2 of 103 (1,609 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Those ideas are really good, thank you.  I personally would like a brand new 3rd booster however, something like a passive max ammo booster that works like the mod (but not as effective).

Message 3 of 103 (1,608 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 1, 2012
Maybe a booster for getting a clip of ammo when you high five over someone you killed together?

Message 4 of 103 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Sep 1, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
Yes. I want Flynn to have a Para 9, but a Para 9 M9 combo is pretty strong, so they may not do it. But sugar buddy is great for Flynn. Cutters explosive buddy could be a reference to his Co Op Adventure. Nice job!

The problem is that there is way too many Para 9s, all the combinations are used up.

Thanks, for the support.  

Message 5 of 103 (1,577 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 1, 2012

By the way, unless if ND adds new mods/only choses 2 skins for the 3rd booster, there will be repeats in character weapon mods.

Eddy Raja- Eddy's AK (Callout, Clip Size and Scope Zoom) and Eddy's Arm Micro (Reload Speed & Blindfire Accuracy). Grants Booty Buddy.

Lazrevic- this is a special case, because Lazzy already has two long guns. What I chose was to have 1 pistol that will grant a different booster depending on the long gun used. 

Pistol- Lazarevic's Tau (Reload Speed & Callout). When used with Lazarevic's Kal, it gives For My Buddy. With his FAL-SS, it grants Sugar Buddy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 6 of 103 (1,576 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

By the way, unless if ND adds new mods/only choses 2 skins for the 3rd booster, there will be repeats in character weapon mods.

Eddy Raja- Eddy's AK (Callout, Clip Size and Scope Zoom) and Eddy's Arm Micro (Reload Speed & Blindfire Accuracy). Grants Booty Buddy.

Lazrevic- this is a special case, because Lazzy already has two long guns. What I chose was to have 1 pistol that will grant a different booster depending on the long gun used. 

Pistol- Lazarevic's Tau (Reload Speed & Callout). When used with Lazarevic's Kal, it gives For My Buddy. With his FAL-SS, it grants Sugar Buddy.

I might make flynn the same way, great idea. I'll add this to the OP.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 103 (1,570 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2395 posts

Sep 1, 2012
Woah, woah, woah, no, heores already have a loadout that gives you Explosive Buddy, and Villains already have a one that gives you Sugar Buddy. If you swapped Cutter's and Flynn's boosters around it'd be better. Heroes already have a huge advantage since their third boosters are so much better. You can't get more kills with Sugar or Booty Buddy, but Explosive Buddy, Thanks Buddy and For My Buddy actually help you get kills. Talbot's Stealth Buddy is the only good one, and that requires a good buddy.
Pepsi
Message 8 of 103 (1,565 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2124 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

Cutter gets a Raffica? Why not give him a special PM - 9MM skin instead as he used the gun in Syria in the SP. It should function exactly the same as the Para 9.

About ideas:

Salim should get a AK with Reload Speed and Call out. His pistol should be a Para 9 with Reload Speed and Blindfire Accuracy. His third booster should be Thanks Buddy.

Atoq Navarro should get a Raffica with Blindfire and Clip Size. His 3rd booster should be Booty Buddy.

Gabriel Roman should get a Tau with Clip Size and Reload Speed. His 3rd booster should be Thanks Buddy.

Message 9 of 103 (1,559 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Spyder
Long gun: Spyder's M9 (Max Ammo + Call Out), exists
Side arm: Spyder's Para 9 (Accuracy + Clip Size), does not exist yet
Special booster: Quiet Buddy- when within fifteen meters of your buddy, you make no noise.

Lazarevic
Long gun: Laz's Fal-SS (Reload Speed + Blindfire Accuracy), exists
Side arm: Laz's Micro (Clip Size + Blindfire Accuracy), does not exist yet
Special booster: You think you can stand in the way of destiny, Buddy? - team safe between you and your buddy

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 10 of 103 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes