Reply
Nov 04 2012
By: Dai-A667 Sackboy 399 posts
Offline

Network Error. Failed to download config file

12 replies 2284 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

Everytime I try to connect to U3 MP I get this error before the progression bar comes up.  This started happening around 12PM MST yesterday and has not been resolved for me. Ive reset my router, formatted my PS3, re installed the game data, tried on a different account and I still cannot hop on. Has anyone had this happen to them? And how did you fix it?

 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (2,284 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/07/2010
Offline
1672 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

:smileyhappy: . Maybe you play too much UC3, so the game is telling you to take a break :smileytongue:

 

Lol but actually, Nah, this hasn't been happening to me. But I did get an Error getting Ticket message this morning.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (2,249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
996 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

Nov 4, 2012

Dai-A667 wrote:

Everytime I try to connect to U3 MP I get this error before the progression bar comes up.  This started happening around 12PM MST yesterday and has not been resolved for me. Ive reset my router, formatted my PS3, re installed the game data, tried on a different account and I still cannot hop on. Has anyone had this happen to them? And how did you fix it?

 


Wow, formatting your PS3 is something I wouldn't resort to even for this game, you must have tried everything to go that extreme. But as far as your problem I get it occasionally but it's the least common for me. Do you know anyone else with a different PS3 that you could try on? Also it would help if you posted your NAT type and if you're using a wired or wireless connection.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (2,197 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/13/2009
Offline
399 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

Nov 4, 2012

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

 


Wow, formatting your PS3 is something I wouldn't resort to even for this game, you must have tried everything to go that extreme. But as far as your problem I get it occasionally but it's the least common for me. Do you know anyone else with a different PS3 that you could try on? Also it would help if you posted your NAT type and if you're using a wired or wireless connection.


I didnt have anything on my PS3. I recently did it and Uncharted was the only save data I had on there.  I have a Slim PS3 first model of the 250GBs, Wired, Nat type 2.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (2,179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
996 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

Dai-A667 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

 


Wow, formatting your PS3 is something I wouldn't resort to even for this game, you must have tried everything to go that extreme. But as far as your problem I get it occasionally but it's the least common for me. Do you know anyone else with a different PS3 that you could try on? Also it would help if you posted your NAT type and if you're using a wired or wireless connection.


I didnt have anything on my PS3. I recently did it and Uncharted was the only save data I had on there.  I have a Slim PS3 first model of the 250GBs, Wired, Nat type 2.

 


This is very odd, I figured it was poor connection at first, and with wireless being inconsistent I assumed bad connection... But I guess you shot down that theory as even with the poorest connection you can sign into this game with wired connection almost anytime on speed. But as I type this I am assuming you installed the patches so I just double shot down that theory.

 

Now this is a longshot but if you follow this specifically this might show you if it's your PS3 or the disc. Now what you should do is: First you need to delete your install data on every game data file, I have 3 in my game data, you should at least have 2, after you delete it all try playing another game for a moment and then put Uncharted 3 back in and it should tell you to install patches, but wait until your HDD light stops flashing, it should be installing the initial game data and after that finishes you should hear the theme an all the intro stuff playing behind the install update screen after that it'll pre-cache the game and then the HDD will stop flashing insanely and you can install the patches. And after it's done repeat the same process of waiting for the game to pre-cache to finish and that will be indicated by the HDD light ceasing to light up, after which you should attemt to connect to multi player, now also I noticed that if it fails and you get kicked back, I always press triangle to initiate the credits and back out, I do this because it seems to kill all the background processes that run when you go through the menus especially exiting multiplayer. Also if you slect multi player it will pre-cache that as well so if it fails wait for the HDD light as you would before, before you attempt to try a reconnection but I'm hoping it works the first time . That will be a painful process but it insures that the game is running at it's cleanest and purest fresh install. Now, if it works then there is a chance that it's your PS3. If it doesn't then it's most likely your disc.

 

Now that suggestion is based purely on my understanding of ND's way of running games and I am by no means remotely close to knowing everything about ND's engine, this is an educated guess and it's a longshot you can try if you're unable to either get a different disc or try your disc on a different PS3. Doing one of those I would highly suggest over my over-the-top guess at how to fix things :smileytongue:. But if you have no means of doing it the simple way then go ahead and try my suggestion if you feel like doing so. Hope you get back to the multiplayer soon. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, for some strange reason I couldn't find this thread, it was blocked by an idiotic mess.

 

EDIT** made an adjustment above to clarify the next step.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (2,145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/22/2011
Offline
4169 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

Nov 5, 2012

All he had to do was change his DNS settings. I walked him through it via Skype a few minutes ago.


Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (2,139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
996 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

Nov 5, 2012
SoI typed that for nothing!!!! D:< was he using opendns or something?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (2,128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/22/2011
Offline
4169 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

Nov 5, 2012

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
SoI typed that for nothing!!!! D:< was he using opendns or something?

From the looks of it he was using his ISP's standard DNS, I helped him switch over to Google's DNS.

 


Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (2,120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
996 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

Nov 5, 2012
Interesting, I'm using my default ISP setting for my primary, as it's faster but I have one of the Google DNS's set as a secondary. I wonder what the problem was. Well I'm glad you helped him, I would've never assumed it was internet as he was connected and installed the patches just fine.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (2,113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Network Error. Failed to download config file

Nov 5, 2012

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
Interesting, I'm using my default ISP setting for my primary, as it's faster but I have one of the Google DNS's set as a secondary.

I have the same DNS setup. Your ISP DNS is always faster (in terms of latency), but it's good to have some redundancy in case it fails over.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (2,104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes