Sep 06 2012
By: bigpretty23 Hekseville Citizen 322 posts

Needed improvements TDM, FFA, Elimination, 3TDM

[ Edited ]
27 replies 617 views Edited Sep 7, 2012

First I will start with if there is another thread similar to mine, then I will more than happily copy/paste my comments there and piggy back. Now, I dont want to come off as whining/ranting/complaining, but Im sure I will to some. So on to the point of the thread. I really enjoy playing the game, its very addictive, even though I do become frustrated from time to time, I still come back for more. U3 is my first online shooter, multiplayer game. So when I started off I was VERYYYYYYY bad, dieing in excess of 20 times a match. I did play U2 for about 2 weeks, so that is why I dont really count that one. I at one point was around 4500 negative on my KDR, but I have improved and am around 1800 negative now.

With that said, my first issue I guess you can call it is POWER PLAYS. Now I used to appreciate these because I was so horrible and I was tired of always losing, and this was a way to come back. Now that I have improved to I would say an average player level and I run in parties sometimes with above average to great players, POWER PLAYS feel extremely cheap. Just last night, my team and I are destroying an inferior team, which is the way it should be. We are up somewhere in the neighborhood of 22-6 and I get marked. I then proceed to get hit in the back with a SAS, spawn and someone die on my grenade which I never threw and I dont use revenge, then get spawned right in front of two enemies. Now the score is tied. We go up again and eventually get to the double damage power play, this time we are only up by around 5-6 kills. At the end of this power play, they are up by 1 and we go to sudden death and we end up losing by 1, because one of the other team got the hammer in Plaza, shot two rounds and killed one of us as time was running out.

My opinion, Power Plays should be removed completely from competitive modes. The winning team used strategy, instinct, reflexes, whatever you wanna call it to get up, they didn't use power plays. So if a team comes back and wins, let them earn it.

Which brings me to power weapons. Now I will be the first to tell you, I love nothing more than to shoot a RPG up someone's backside, or shoot a spine out with the SAS, but they should not be lieing around in the map. All power weapons should be EARNED via kickback. I dont necessarily mind the pistole and or mag 5, but the RPG, Hammer, SAS should all be kickbacks. Speaking of the SAS, why is it that you get 6 shots, should easily be capped at 3-4. I really feel that a race to power weapons at the start and throughout the match is not very COMPETITIVE, its just more who can get there first and get a few kills. I think it would be more competitive if we only used the power weapons via kickback with the current medal earning system.

Lastly, as many have already posted, complained about, read about, etc. the M9 with ROF. The M9 w/ROF. Honestly this thing closely functions as  power weapon now. I can't tell you how many times, I will have full health, to only have a low level (rank wise) player get the drop on me, blind fire and melee and before my screen can even turn white, I'm dead. To make matters worse, you can have people who are very low level use the tournament system to gain access to the M9 w/ROF. No lie, there was a thread on here a few days ago when people were listing their last 10 deaths, here are mine:

10. M9 w/ROF then melee

9. Same

8. Same

7. RPG (not kickback back, laying in middle of temple)

6. Hammer (not kickback, laying on ledge in temple)

5. M9 w/ROF (we killed each other after I had already shot him for around 1-2 seconds)

4. Kal 7, blindfire then melee

3. M9 w/ROF then melee

2. RPG (not kickback, laying in middle of graveyard)

1. Hammer (not kickback, on upper ledge of graveyard)

As you can see, the majority of my deaths and I'm sure many others is something involving blindfire or random power weapon. To really make the competive modes, truely competive let it be based on a little more skill, strategy, and teamwork, vs random power weapons and a near overpowered weapon that can be used by anyone. I get the nerfs that were done to the FAL, G-Mal. The weapons were overused in many peoples eyes and I do agree, being a former G-Mal user it was easier to get kills at range, but by no means was it automatically a cake walk for me. I now use the AK instead, since after the weeks since the nerf,  I still can't handle the random recoil of the G-Mal to be effective. So I thought I would try the weapon I have never used, and so far I love it.

I do realize this is lengthy, but this is about 3 months worth of things I have wanted to post but just never got around to it. If you agree with anything or disagree, let me know, maybe we can get some changes. Ya never know, look how we seemingly are getting stat toggles for the headgear.

Message 1 of 28 (617 Views)
Wastelander
573 posts

Re: Needed Improvements to TDM, FFA, Elimination, 3TDM

Sep 6, 2012
Hardcore TDM.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 2 of 28 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: Needed Improvements to TDM, FFA, Elimination, 3TDM

Sep 6, 2012

Yes I know about Hardcore, but I not have any particular issues with the use of boosters, weapon mods (outside of M9 w/ROF) and kickbacks.

Message 3 of 28 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: Ways to improve TDM, FFA, Elimination, 3TDM

Sep 7, 2012

I know more than one person has something to say.

Message 4 of 28 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I agree that powerplays are absolutely stupid, but I doubt ND will ever take them out of TDM since that would make it almost just like hardcore.  I'd rather them just make TDM normal with no powerplays and remove hardcore, but that won't happen.

Message 5 of 28 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Sep 8, 2012

theres nothing wrong with rpg on graveyard or hammer if done correctly one person from each team should have each and its balanced like that i dont know what you are thinking but its ok lol

Sleep Matt signature
Message 6 of 28 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Re: Needed improvements TDM, FFA, Elimination, 3TDM

Sep 8, 2012

whus up bigpretty

Message 7 of 28 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Sep 9, 2012
I think you are missing my point. I was speaking of the race to power weapons at the beginning of the match. And the fact that they do re spawn during the match. I would just like them to new kickbacks. Not just lieing around from time to time
Message 8 of 28 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Sep 9, 2012
Sup NC
Message 9 of 28 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 9, 2012

All FFA needs is a total Power Weapon removal.
It's a huge advantage for 1 player only, the one who spawned next to the Power Weapon.

TDM? It sucks hard... I don't even play it. Power Plays and Camping FTW (sarcasm)

Weapon balance is another story, but a recoil increase for RoF M9 would be a bless.

0 Likes