Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Naughtydog what have you done to my fav Multiplayer game?

Nov 14, 2012
We didn't know it'd be comparatively bad to the predecessor prior to buying. Hard to tell from looking at the case.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 21 of 62 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Nov 15, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

ND's B-Team to be correct. We have to wait and see if The Last of Us will also have this type of microtransactions and other money grubbing methods.

What a repugnantly asinine false statement. There is no team A and B of Naughty Dog. TLOU development team was much, MUCH smaller than the U3 team(40 person team vs 140 person team) And guess what? The vast majority of the U3 team was comprised of U2 veterans. I just invalidated your impudent and ignorant statement. Have a nice day.

Can you provide a link detailing the amount of Devs who were working on each project, and a comparison of those teams with each respective projects (in numbers) to back up your statement?

Evan Wells stated those numbers in an interview video earlier this year, I'll see if I can find it again.

Ok, that would greatly be appreciated. 

This is a big reason why TLOU most likely won't be released until the second half of 2013. But don't fret because early this year the U3 team(or much of it) transitioned into developing TLOU.

Point is, Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley are working on The Last of Us while they weren't involved with UC3 at all. That's why I call the UC3 team the B-Team. A good comparison would be Rareware. As soon as the Stamper brothers left there game's quality dropped. That's how I feel about UC3. But maybe ND is just getting big enough now that they suddenly started to make wrong decisions like all big companies do, who knows.

So? Yes Bruce was game director on U2, but should he be revered just because he held that position? With all due respect and credit to Bruce, it's ultimately more of the combined efforts of talented game designers that devise and create quality games more than the heads of the project.

That's why I added the marked text you can see above. In the end you can't deny that the game's quality dropped. UC3 really feels rushed compared to UC2. No matter the reason ND needs to get their act together.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 22 of 62 (238 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Oh look another one of these threads.

these threads suck.

go outside.
Message 23 of 62 (216 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 15, 2012
You might get skin cancer. Not good.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 24 of 62 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Psyschock wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

ND's B-Team to be correct. We have to wait and see if The Last of Us will also have this type of microtransactions and other money grubbing methods.

What a repugnantly asinine false statement. There is no team A and B of Naughty Dog. TLOU development team was much, MUCH smaller than the U3 team(40 person team vs 140 person team) And guess what? The vast majority of the U3 team was comprised of U2 veterans. I just invalidated your impudent and ignorant statement. Have a nice day.

Can you provide a link detailing the amount of Devs who were working on each project, and a comparison of those teams with each respective projects (in numbers) to back up your statement?

Evan Wells stated those numbers in an interview video earlier this year, I'll see if I can find it again.

This is a big reason why TLOU most likely won't be released until the second half of 2013. But don't fret because early this year the U3 team(or much of it) transitioned into developing TLOU.

Point is, Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley are working on The Last of Us while they weren't involved with UC3 at all. That's why I call the UC3 team the B-Team. A good comparison would be Rareware. As soon as the Stamper brothers left there game's quality dropped. That's how I feel about UC3. But maybe ND is just getting big enough now that they suddenly started to make wrong decisions like all big companies do, who knows.

So? Yes Bruce was game director on U2, but should he be revered just because he held that position? With all due respect and credit to Bruce, it's ultimately more of the combined efforts of talented game designers that devise and create quality games more than the heads of the project.

That's why I added the marked text you can see above. In the end you can't deny that the game's quality dropped. UC3 really feels rushed compared to UC2. No matter the reason ND needs to get their act together.

Rushed? Smiley Indifferent

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 25 of 62 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 16, 2012

This game should have died months ago. 

The Future Is Black.
Message 26 of 62 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Nov 16, 2012

COD_FanboyX wrote:

This game should have died months ago. 

^This is why we don't make threads like these.

Message 27 of 62 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
18 posts

Nov 16, 2012

@Zaniack

It's reasonable to believe that only 2 people leaving a team doesn't affect the game, but there are MANY examples of where the change of directors ultimately decide the outcome of the game, or hell , even a movie. For example:

The Descent

Saw

Jak

Final Fantasy

Jason

Star Wars

Etc.

At the end of the day, the work is based on quality and direction. So yeah, the direction was off here.

Message 28 of 62 (155 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Nov 16, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

Uhm, yes? No singleplayer store is just one example.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 29 of 62 (151 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Psyschock wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

Uhm, yes? No singleplayer store is just one example.

Wasn't a terrible loss.

Message 30 of 62 (146 Views)
0 Likes