Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Naughty Dog punishes players for playing uncharted 3...

Feb 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

5 years old? Optical lenses have a limited lifetime compared to HDDs. That's why I've been asking for a MP HDD install for a long time. Hopefully F2P will remedy that. New lenses cost $20-40 on Ebay.

Regarding sprint, I've being using R3 since the Summer beta. Many people don't know it, but ND originally planned to make R3 the default sprint button (trust me, it's 100 times more ergonomic than L3). One of their developers had a broken controller, so they opted for L3 instead, lol. <-- ND logic (TM)

The only thing I can agree with is the lack of technical fixes.

Nah that was the reason they made you able to choose between the two. There was also some complaining about it being R3, that was factor too.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 11 of 69 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

stentryk wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

5 years old? Optical lenses have a limited lifetime compared to HDDs. That's why I've been asking for a MP HDD install for a long time. Hopefully F2P will remedy that. New lenses cost $20-40 on Ebay.

Regarding sprint, I've being using R3 since the Summer beta. Many people don't know it, but ND originally planned to make R3 the default sprint button (trust me, it's 100 times more ergonomic than L3). One of their developers had a broken controller, so they opted for L3 instead, lol. <-- ND logic (TM)

The only thing I can agree with is the lack of technical fixes.

Nah that was the reason they made you able to choose between the two. There was also some complaining about it being R3, that was factor too.

Maybe you are right. I had read that interview loooong time ago (>18 months).

Still though, R3 is more ergonomic, because you don't push the right stick a lot, so it's easier to press R3.

Unless you are left handed and you use an inverted scheme (left stick for the camera and right stick for moving your character), so L3 is recommended in that case.

R3 should have been the default sprint button, since 90% of the population is right handed, but maybe they wanted to cater to the COD/FPS crowd (I think L3 is the default sprint button there as well)...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 12 of 69 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Hahahahahaha. I don't think its ND's fault that you broke your controller.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 13 of 69 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Unless you are left handed and you use an inverted scheme (left stick for the camera and right stick for moving your character), so L3 is recommended in that case.

Which I sadly am.. Smiley Indifferent

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 69 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I'm left handed and find that inverted stuff throws me off so easily... I mean I can adapt to both ways easily. I can sprint with either stick too, its just that sprint+camera movement on the same stick is what feels weird to me. I feel more comfortable that the stick I use to move controls my sprint as well since its still moving just faster and my stick is pushed down.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 15 of 69 (362 Views)
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Feb 3, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Try this: HOLD the disc eject button while pressing power. Keep holding eject until it beeps.

I will try, but I doubt it will do any good, the PS3 knows there is a disc in it (it shows a white spinning circle on the top right corner of the screen if there is a disc in it), but it can't read the disc anymore Smiley Sad

anyway, I don't know what to do know, warranty is expired of course, what should I do? let it get repaired (someone told me that will cost me 100 euro's) or just buy a new one (250 euro's - slim version - less GB? I don't know...), and what to do with the old one, can I sell it easily, I mean, the thing is broken but for someone that buys all their games digital, the system is perfect, but I don't like to do all those things, I just want to buy a new one and be done with it...

also, if I buy a new one, what should I do the next time it freezes, what do you guys do when that happens?

Message 16 of 69 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 3, 2013

If you know how to repair it yourself, it will only cost you $20/€15.

I wouldn't buy a new PS3 console at this point of time, because:

1) PS4 will be announced in Feb 20.
2) UC3 F2P will probably be announced this week.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 17 of 69 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Feb 4, 2013

it's happend to me ;c Just get a vaccum and clean the ps3 with out opening it ;p 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 18 of 69 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I dunno. I tried using L3 as movement with R3 as sprint . Feels... off. I keep pressing L3 to sprint before I press R3.

Besides, nobody really has to mash the sprint. It's placebo to make it look like you always sprint. When you sprint, the camera goes back a bit. No need to press it again since it will in fact cancel the sprint. Press it when the camera zooms in back to normal.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 69 (286 Views)
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Feb 4, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

If you know how to repair it yourself, it will only cost you $20/€15.

I wouldn't buy a new PS3 console at this point of time, because:

1) PS4 will be announced in Feb 20.
2) UC3 F2P will probably be announced this week.

1) you probably hint at a possible backwards compability? but I really can't wait until christmas while tomb raider and the last of us are coming out in a few months, I can't wait that long to play them Smiley Sad

2) I don't even want to play UC3 multiplayer anymore, also not without a disc xD

@ the guy saying to use a vacuum cleaner:

are you joking or is that serious? I don't want to make a complete wreck of my ps3, at least I can still turn it on and play games I bhought in the ps store...

Message 20 of 69 (259 Views)
0 Likes