Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Naughty Dog punishes players for playing uncharted 3...

Feb 8, 2013
IDK. It could happen that your L3 gets stuck going forward and your R3 breaks off.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 51 of 69 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6814 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I think I use both sticks a lot... With L3 moving in all directions, not just forward, and R3 constantly turning; I never leave one stationary for long.

Feet
Message 52 of 69 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Feb 8, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I think I use both sticks a lot... With L3 moving in all directions, not just forward, and R3 constantly turning; I never leave one stationary for long.

but I imagine you put your left stick forward when starting a sprint, most people don't do that one walking back or to the left or right, and because you press the stick when it's in forward position, it damages over time

Message 53 of 69 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

but I imagine you put your left stick forward when starting a sprint, most people don't do that one walking back or to the left or right, and because you press the stick when it's in forward position, it damages over time

I use shoulder switch a lot (since there's a lot of wallhuggers)....

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 54 of 69 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6814 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I just press L3 once when I sprint. It all depends which direction I'm going in when I push it. Yea sometimes I push it when holding it forward, but also in every other direction, unlike most people I don't put 5000 tons of force on the stick to sprint, I just press it, I don't move in a straight direction when playing Uncharted, regardless of my camera I move in all directions while simultaneously shifting my camera around, which means constant use of both sticks and neither of them have wear and tear like described.

Only thing wrong is the coloring of the controllers border is shaved off and I have red dust(I got a red ps3 controller obviously) on the inside of my sticks, but thats from constant use on all games.

Feet
Message 55 of 69 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

the left stick for sprint is bad because you press it while you have the stick in forward position, after a while it gets stuck in that position if you use it for a long time, but the right stick you press it down, which is less damaging I think Smiley Happy

Exactly!

I always rotate the camera, but I can do that by pushing the right stick very little, so R3 is easier to press. On the other hand, I have to push the left stick all the way forward, otherwise I move too slowly.

If ND had made R3 the default sprint button, people would get accustomed to it and they would find L3 very awkward to sprint. It's too late now.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 56 of 69 (184 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 9, 2013
^ Most games have L3 sprint by default, so honestly I'd have to keep remembering it.
Message 57 of 69 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 9, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ Most FPS games have L3 sprint by default, so honestly I'd have to keep remembering it.

FTFY

It's not your fault. It's just that ND copied the COD formula.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 58 of 69 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

So I had the same problem with my optical lense not reading any blu-rays. I tried everything that night but it didn't work. I let the PS3 sit for 24 hours and it magically cured itself.

Also, my L3 is pretty busted now as well. I didn't like R3 for sprint. I like Scope Zoom on my R3 and find that way more useful than sprint on R3. Plus, I think of the L stick as the body movement stick. It wouldn't make sense in my head to have a sprint function on the head movement/body rotation stick (R3).

Of course, it's not just U3's fault my L3 is shoddy. Killzone 3 and 2 use the same button for sprint, I think.

Message 59 of 69 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

I like Scope Zoom on my R3 and find that way more useful than sprint on R3.

They are not mutually exclusive. You cannot use the Scope Zoom when you are sprinting, just like you cannot switch shoulders (L3).

Message 60 of 69 (163 Views)
0 Likes