Highlighted
Feb 03 2013
By: Matthijs_17 Fender Bender 3484 posts

Naughty Dog punishes players for playing uncharted 3...

68 replies 918 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

why do we always get punished for playing uncharted 3, naughty dog?

first: you destroy my time because I have to complain on the forums all the time to tell you what is wrong with the game...

second: you break the left stick of my controller because you sprint by pressing the left stick, which is not a good idea (sprint in general is a bad idea, but that's a story for another time), and neither is pressing the right stick for the smart-**bleep** among you...

third: you punish trophy hunters by adding insanely luck-based trophies (the treasure trophies)

fourth: you punish me with countless of losses for connection errors, party splits, bad matchmaking, joining games and ps3 freezes, which the last one brings me to my fifth point...

fifth: I didn't play your game anymore because it's a lagging blindfire/hipfire fest, and when I saw there was a lab (dodgeball) in which blindfire/hipfire was absent, I considered coming back, the first match I played my party was split and I was left in the lobby with 2 other partymembers (again), and the second match I had a connection error (again), and the third match my ps3 freezed (again), I resetted my ps3 like I always do by pressing the button on the front of the ps3 and holding it until it bleeps, but this time the ps3 didn't turn off, so I pressed and held it again, and my ps3 turned off, when I restarted it, it couldn't play blu-ray discs anymore, my blu-ray disc player apparently broke, I tried everything to fix it, I cleaned it, I restarted it multiple times, I tried every game I have, but the thing is broken...

thanks a lot naughty dog, you destroyed my time (in-game and on the forums), you broke my controller, you destroyed my stats (I don't give a **bleep** about stats, but others do), you destroyed my fun and now you even broke my ps3, I love you too!

Message 1 of 69 (918 Views)
Wastelander
766 posts

Re: Naughty Dog punishes players for playing uncharted 3...

Feb 3, 2013
Have you tried holding down the power button in front of the disc slot until it bleeps again? If I want to switch between my two TV's I have to make it bleep.

Message 2 of 69 (894 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I have the exact same problem with my controller my left thumbstick is sawed off by half because I press way too hard, and it's starting to malfunction. Now I have to buy a new one Smiley Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 69 (883 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Left stick controller? Maybe you guys have to do it softly? Also, Joe-Itz070 i played a game against you a week ago Smiley Very Happy I lost horribily but gg Smiley Very Happy 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 4 of 69 (877 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 3, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Left stick controller? Maybe you guys have to do it softly? Also, Joe-Itz070 i played a game against you a week ago Smiley Very Happy I lost horribily but gg Smiley Very Happy 

Hehe Smiley Very Happy I can't remember at all which mode was it and with whom was I playing? Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 69 (872 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Feb 3, 2013

It was in TDM on oasis Smiley Very Happy You had a po5 I had nobody Smiley Very Happy didn't rq thoe ( I should've) (50 - 28 ) 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 6 of 69 (867 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 3, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

It was in TDM on oasis Smiley Very Happy You had a po5 I had nobody Smiley Very Happy didn't rq thoe ( I should've) (50 - 28 ) 

Oh lol, GG thenSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 69 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Feb 3, 2013

dadno1001 wrote:
Have you tried holding down the power button in front of the disc slot until it bleeps again? If I want to switch between my two TV's I have to make it bleep.

when the ps3 is on or off? when a disc is in it or not?

when I put a game in it I see a circle spinning in the top right corner of the screen, but the game doesn't pop up in the xmb (usually it starts automaticly, but now it didn't and I couldn't start it manually either) (I have a 40GB fat ps3 btw, 5 years or so old now, so no warranty)

my PS2 is 12 years old now and still works fine, it only doesn't play dvd (movies only) anymore, no idea why it still does play the games though...

Message 8 of 69 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3992 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Try this: HOLD the disc eject button while pressing power. Keep holding eject until it beeps.
Message 9 of 69 (823 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 3, 2013

5 years old? Optical lenses have a limited lifetime compared to HDDs. That's why I've been asking for a MP HDD install for a long time. Hopefully F2P will remedy that. New lenses cost $20-40 on Ebay.

Regarding sprint, I've being using R3 since the Summer beta. Many people don't know it, but ND originally planned to make R3 the default sprint button (trust me, it's 100 times more ergonomic than L3). One of their developers had a broken controller, so they opted for L3 instead, lol. <-- ND logic (TM)

The only thing I can agree with is the lack of technical fixes.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 69 (794 Views)
0 Likes