Sep 29 2011
By: LUDICROUS_BANANA Wastelander 731 posts

Naughty Dog leaving their fans in the dust

10 replies 18 views Edited Sep 29, 2011

I hate to see this happen, but I feel like the reason why Naughty Dog has had NO communication whatsoever is because they are getting to cocky on their success. Yup I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but IMO, I think its true.

Case A.) The Subway Promo- We understand if your not allowed to post deatils about the Promo, but can you AT LEAST tell us that? Look at the forums Naughty Dog.... Almost EVERY single post is about the Subway promo. We have people asking questions left and right about the Promo. We, as fans, had to get info by ourselves. Someone went through the trouble of E-Mailing Subway. Really? Someone had to go through the trouble to E-Mail Subway because of this? I, myself have called Subway 3 times in the past 3 days. 3 times... I shouldn't have even called them once.

Case B.) The Brazilian Dub- I'm not Brazilian, but I have to admit this dub was awful. I mean, the second you guys heard about this issue, you should went to work on fixing it. I'm sure most Brazilians wouldn't care if the game was delayed for a little if you would just fix a problem like this. That post has 119 pages on it. 119. That is 119 pages of fans pleaing to you about a serious issue and you didn't come through. Nice.

Naughty Dog, just remember one major thing that got you where you are today... Your fans.

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Message 1 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

You made some good points. Its not ENTIRELY Naughty Dog's...

Sep 29, 2011

You made some good points. Its not ENTIRELY Naughty Dog's fault. But I am happy they are doing the promo, but I just feel like they should have planned it better. The whole promo thing (as much as I am excited for it) feels last minute and like a complete mess.

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Message 2 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

I'd have to totally agree with you there. I'd love to jus...

Sep 29, 2011

I'd have to totally agree with you there. I'd love to just... get the multiplayer access without all the hassle and worry I've been through so far. :/

I still haven't secured cups for myself and my brother...

Message 3 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

In my humble and uninformed opinion, and as someone who i...

Sep 29, 2011

In my humble and uninformed opinion, and as someone who is a total Naughty Dog/Uncharted/Nathan Drake/all of that stuff fangirl and doesn't like to point fingers at anyone without knowing all the details... I think you're being a little quick to condemn ND here.

For one thing, Naughty Dog is the developer, but isn't Sony the publisher? Doesn't Sony have primary control over the marketing of the game for large-scale things like this Subway promo? I might be totally wrong about that, so I'll just throw it out there instead of ramble about it like I know what I'm talking about, but I'm pretty confident that that's true. Naughty Dog is the developer, but Sony is the producer, so they handle this sort of thing. If we should point fingers at anyone, it'd be Sony, not ND.

But Arne and the other Dogs have been VERY responsive on Twitter about the Subway deal. All of them have responded numerous times to numerous fans asking the same questions, and they take the time to give all of them the same answers.

In fact, Arne tweeted just a few minutes ago using the Naughty_Dog account, and he said,
"Still no news yet on the Subway promotion for folks in North America - sorry, it will be coming soon so you get all the official details"

I don't think they're intentionally leaving everyone in the dark, and they've said several times that they know as much as we do and they can't give anymore details at this time - or they would.

Plus, Sony doesn't have to be doing this. We should appreciate the fact that they're doing it at all.

I can't really comment on the Brazilian dub, but I feel confident that that's out of ND's hands as well, since Sony is the publisher and a division of Sony is almost certainly handling the dubbing and publication for the game in other countries, like they always do (take all the credits to the separate division of Sony that published it specially for Japan, for instance, in the end of Uncharted 2; and yeah, I know Sony is a Japanese company, but you know what I mean). I don't think this is ND's fault, either.

I too am super frustrated about the Subway promo, and in fact I've personally visited six different Subways today alone to ask about the promotion and most of them were simply confused and frankly I'm DYING to play it (it's literally all I can think about, and it's been this way for quite a while now), but I don't think we should be blaming Naughty Dog for this problem. I don't think it's their fault at all, to be honest.

I don't mean to rant at you or anything, and like I said I'm a total fangirl, but I just don't like how quick you seem to be to condemn ND for these things when, in fact, it probably is absolutely not their fault. I'm almost positive that Sony is in control of the promotions; I'm not sure about the dubbing and stuff for other countries, but I'm fairly certain they handle that sort of thing as well.

Anyway, I think Naughty Dog is a great company, and they make things that are beyond great for us fans. They appreciate us, and it shows. I think that if they had the power to do something about either of these things, then they would.

tl;dr: I honestly don't think any of this is Naughty Dog's fault; I'm sure they'd give us this information if they had it. I'm almost positive that Sony, as the publisher, is in control of the promotions. And I'm also pretty sure that a divison of Sony is probably handling the dubbing for the Brazilian version of the game (along with the Japanese, etc., versions of the game).

Message 4 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

No reason to point the blame at the developers that have...

Sep 29, 2011

No reason to point the blame at the developers that have nothing to do with this.  The fault should lie at the feet of marketing, and outside of the TV ads at the best possible times, the other ventures have been pretty lackluster.  LOL @ "Uncharted 3 coming to an AMC Theater NEAR YOU!" not being anywhere near me or countless other Uncharted fans in the states at all and this seemingly bogus Subway promotion that hasn't gone live on both Sony's or Subway's sides.  Are they seriously just gonna bust out a message about this the day it starts?  Ridiculous.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - GibbShift
Message 5 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

ND announced this promotion in early June then after that...

Sep 29, 2011

ND announced this promotion in early June then after that nothing at all from them really. I am sure if they knew details they would have told us days ago.

I am still confused as to how they are limiting spoilers (as Arne said) if this is indeed the Full MP experience (without Co-Op missions i'm guessing)

Message 6 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

My guess is they have been working around the clock to fi...

Sep 29, 2011

My guess is they have been working around the clock to finish the game and then contacting Sony and subway about the promo.  The fact they have yet to say anything is most likely down to that.  They could also be working out a promo with the the other places outside the us.  

I have faith that when there is news about the promo then they will tell us, we are al jumping the gun thinking it will be on today.  Naughty Dog have yet to confirm anything.  

Photobucket
Message 7 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

Which is why a lot of people are becoming impatient.

Sep 29, 2011

Split_Spades wrote:

My guess is they have been working around the clock to finish the game and then contacting Sony and subway about the promo.  The fact they have yet to say anything is most likely down to that.  They could also be working out a promo with the the other places outside the us.  

I have faith that when there is news about the promo then they will tell us, we are al jumping the gun thinking it will be on today.  Naughty Dog have yet to confirm anything.  

Which is why a lot of people are becoming impatient. 

Message 8 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
965 posts

if ND or sony isnt allowed to say anything about the prom...

Sep 29, 2011
if ND or sony isnt allowed to say anything about the promo then they need to drop subway and go to a different food chain this is rediculous even the other subway events for ps3 were complete failures there was no info about them and they seemed to last only a few days. And sony pays for this jeez......
Message 9 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Naughty Dog have disappointed me greatly recently. From t...

Sep 29, 2011

Naughty Dog have disappointed me greatly recently. From the hammer lab, to the subway promo - it's just bad.

ND is good at making games, but not much else.

Message 10 of 11 (18 Views)
0 Likes