Sep 27 2011
By: Renanbianchi0 First Son 19 posts

Naughty Dog Rejected Brazillian dub and chose a Miami Studio do a really bad Dub on Uncharted 3

1222 replies 441 views Edited Sep 27, 2011

Since tomorrow is when Uncharted 3 is going Gold and the Topic is probably going to be locked, i'm just posting here to let you know how disappointed i am, and i bet that it's not just me. What you made about this matter was: nothing.

Now i know that Public Relations is something that can be done within a Day. But not even with more than a Month?

What's up? Really?

2 weeks before the Release of Metal Gear Solid 4, Hideo Kojima wanted to change part of the final dialog script, and it was really troublesome because they needed to redo the lip-synch.

He did it. What we asked was too late? Maybe. But that's not even the point. The total lack of attention and disrespect with it's consumers both from ND and Sony will give Brazillian costumers a Sub-Par version of Uncharted 3, with a Lousy experience that will probably make it on the  Top of the 15 Worst dubbed Brazillian games.

I even Called you in your Office. TWICE. And i couldn't even talk with Arne at all. Sorry about it, but i feel **bleep** about it. I tried and tried and tried but all our efforts were useless in the end.

Sorry Naughty Dog, but this time you proved us wrong, your lack of attention to your fans will never, EVER be forgotten.

Good luck with the launch of Uncharted 3.

Renan Bianchi.

===============================================================================================

PLEASE WRITE YOUR OPINION IN ENGLISH ONLY. THIS IS AN ENGLISH FORUM, WITH PEOPLE THAT ONLY TALKS IN ENGLISH. 

PLEASE DON'T WRITE IN PORTUGUESE AND DON'T WRITE USING CAPS.

YOU CAN BE BANNED IF YOU POST ON ANOTHER LANGUAGE, AS THE RULES STATES HERE: Link

LET'S KEEP THIS CLEAN SO THAT THE DEVS CAN READ IT (AND UNDERSTAND IT) WELL.

***EDIT 3****

We found out the Bad Dub Studio's Name: The Kitchen. It makes Dub for varios languages, but isn't specialized on any of it. It recently Dubbed the Anime Blue Dragon, wich received Harsh critics and was soon taken out of any tv show.

You can see more about it HERE

Here's their website: http://www.thekitchen.tv/

***EDIT 2****

GUYS, Arne asked me to update the front page, He Said that they were not aware of this and are looking into it!!!

When he got some answers he can share, He'll hopefully let everyone know.

See here: Quote

***EDIT****

Arne, please get in touch with the Zeger Studio here:

http://www.zegerstudio.com/index-us.php

==============================================================================================

Now i'm not discussing the Uncharted 3's gameplay quality at all.

It's from a recent trailer that appeared on the oficial Brazillian Playstation Channel: here is the Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOcW-BDCstY

That's ok, the Dubbing Sux, since it's not from your native language, i'll just tell you that:

1 - The "actors" are READING, they're clearly NOT acting.

2 - The actors Really don't match their character voices.

3 - This is a really, REALLY low quality Dub, i'm just speechless

That's ok, Infamous 2 Dub Sucked, Killzone 3 Dub sucked, but i WON't Let this happen to Uncharted 3, i just WON'T. Please dear dogs, hear me.

What made me cry about this is that it wasn't sonys decision to choose wich studio would dub Uncharted 3, it was up to ND, as Product Manager for PlayStation games in Brazil, Ricardo Filo said in a recent interview:

"The decision to select the dubbing of a game is the developer's choice , so Sony just does not have a voice in this decision.

What's worse, there WAS A REALLY GOOD Dubbing being made, and you can check it here!:

http://wwwstatic.megavideo.com/mv_player3.swf?image=http://img3.megavideo.com/98b7a956cd2a171b62f599...

That Dub is from a Brazillian Studio (With REAL actors) called Zeger, with Famous Actors from Brazil like Ricardo Schnetzer as Drake! That's awesome! And Mauro Ramos as Sullivan! That's Twice Awesome!

Naugty Dog rejected it:

"Apparently the work was taken from  Sony and went to Naughty Dog, creators of the game. It was they who chose the studio in Miami, even tough our cost IS LOWER than that charged out there," said Belkind.

So let me get this straight:

Sony offers a Brazillian dub from really famous and good actors and Naughty Dog rejects it? Why?

Now as a Really fan and representing the Brazillian Community, Please, PLEASE give a look at this, we really really want Uncharted 3 to be famous here on Brazil, and you got the tools, please give us this love!

***UPDATE***

Great News! I talked with Igor Lott Zeger Belkind the Zeger Studio's owner, he said that there is still time to be done the Dub! But we need to do it FAST!

Message 1171 of 1,223 (441 Views)
First Son
32 posts

se souberem o e-mail dos produtores podemos encher a caix...

Sep 1, 2011

se souberem o e-mail dos produtores podemos encher a caixa de e-mail deles para reverem pois é uma vergonha como postei no outro topico, que criei sem ter visto o teu.

Message 1 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

unbelievable

Sep 1, 2011
I am Brazilian, this really was unacceptable about the work they do IN GAME, now this has to respect. The voice acting is far superior rejected. Has it ae eh
Message 2 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

I heard that something similar happened with the French d...

Sep 1, 2011

I heard that something similar happened with the French dub, so I assume that they must be cutting costs... it sucks, but there is not much you can do 1 month before going Gold, unless boycotting the game maybe (unlikely to happen).

The best you can do is to play the game with the original English audio + Portuguese subs.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

I agree Renan. Shame on you, Naughty Dog!

Sep 1, 2011

I agree Renan. Shame on you, Naughty Dog!

PSN and Steam ID = killzin
Message 4 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

If this happens to go gold that way, Most brazillian Fans...

Sep 1, 2011

If this happens to go gold that way, Most brazillian Fans will be let down, and the Dub's quality will be remembered as one of the worst quality dub ever released on a game.

As i said, it happened with Infamous 2, and with Killzone 3, it's the same, bad acted, studio, and i feel really really bad that Uncharted 3 is going to have it's DUB. Please Dogs Give us some light, it CAN be done before release!

Message 5 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Being the flagship PS3 expected a decent voice acting, be...

Sep 1, 2011
Being the flagship PS3 expected a decent voice acting, better than 2 KZ3 is infamous, never imagined that attitude of DN is the same as their games carefully. unacceptable.
Message 6 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Você quis dizer: mas no caso a versão da dublagem que ser...

Sep 1, 2011

more if the version of the voice acting that would be ideal, it would be cheaper than what they chose.

Message 7 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
474 posts

Actually they solved the issue, SCEE finally gave in and...

Sep 1, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

I heard that something similar happened with the French dub, so I assume that they must be cutting costs...

Actually they solved the issue, SCEE finally gave in and paid the extra cash actors were asking. (Thus reducing brazilian sub budget, muahahahahahaha).

So French version gets to keep voices, translation will still suck however lol.

Message 8 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

this is the point.   there is no sense in the decision ta...

Sep 1, 2011

Kenpachi_Uryzen wrote:

more if the version of the voice acting that would be ideal, it would be cheaper than what they chose.

this is the point.

there is no sense in the decision taken by Naughty Dog.

PSN and Steam ID = killzin
Message 9 of 1,223 (441 Views)
0 Likes