Highlighted
Aug 12 2012
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

Naughty Dog Make Patch 1.15 ALL ABOUT CO-OP PLEASE

132 replies 3913 views Edited Aug 12, 2012

We know the next patch will fix things patch 1.13 failed to do, but there seriously and urgently needs to be an all co-op patch because there are horrendous and sickening amounts of bugs and gltiches in co-op that it gives me nightmares!

All previous patches have concentrated on CMP fixes mainly if not all.

The co-op patch should also contain maps that are currently unplayable/unchooseable in co-op, maps such as:

• London Underground
  • City Of Brass
  • Cave
  • Trainwreck
  • Temple

SPAWN ISSUES:

I KNOW you're going to respon with "sorry Ali, but there are technical limitations" (if you do ever reply) BUT I know that is not the case, and let me explain why.

Maps such as Yemen and Molten Ruins have been edited i.e Yemen ladders have been removed so players don't camp and the dome room in the molten ruins has been blocked off so players don't camp their either.

Those are not the ONLY maps, maps such as Chateau and Airstrip have their Turrets removed also.

Now you may say enemy spawns are difficult in maps such as the City Of Brass because where will the enemies come from? Well Naughty Dog that question has already been answered in U2 in the Lost City map where enemies climb a disgustingly tall cliff, even the GAU brute with his GAU climbs that cliff. This has been transferred to the Snowy Lost City in U3 has it not?

If the worse comes to it's worst and you're worried about people having problems (which they wont) about enemies climb spawning or jumping down spawning in maps such as the City Of Brass and the Temple then surely you could add those LU enemies from co-op that appear via the smoke bomb effect out of thin air? 

I promise there won't and should not be any problems if enemies are magically apperaing, or climbing up maps or jumping down from a tall roof because do our characters not jump from a ridiculously high tower and not get a scratch? besides I have NEVER heard a complaint of all these enemies having 500 identicle twin brothers?

GOLD RUSH ISSUES

You may say, "but Ali, theres no place for us to spawn the idol or the treasure chest" REALLY?!! did you guys not create PLUNDER?!! and also TREASURE HUNTER??!!, we only NEED 2 treasure chests and 2 Idol spawn points. Most co-op maps only have 2 Idol Spwan points and 1 treasure chest so there's no problem in that department. In CMP there are 2 treasure chests for heroes and villains is there not? and also you have like 4-5 Idol spawns but you can have infinite amount because you can place the idol anywhere you wish, same with the Treasue chests, which brings me to my next point...

SEIGE ISSUES

Again you're response may be "Ali, we can't find any suitable seige points" to which my response is did you not create King Of The Hill and Turf War in these maps or was I dreaming that during Team Objective? You seem to have 3 seige points per map wheras you have around 5 or more in TO, so surely you could put seige points where ever you wish?

TIGHT MAPS

Maps such as Cave and Train Wreck may seem a bit small, but I still believe it's playable and also will defo be the hardest co-op maps to date which will add to the challenge. It will feel like a survival merged with seige during a standard survival mode and will require the utmost best team work EVER!!

DESERTERS ISSUE:

When I'm in round 10 for e.g and I've made $80,000 and my other 2 random team mates decide to quit I get screwed and end up with $0!!! for all my time and effort. This should NEVER be the case! If all my team mates leave then THE LAST MAN STANDING! should get to keep all their cash they've earned FULL stop. Either that or let them carry on, on their own till people join but I prefer the former.

GOLD RUSH ISSUE:

What's the main problem during Gold Rush?

Answer: Players would rather kill enemies and earn cash than help you out with the idol carrying.

Solution:

DON'T count any kills during this round and give $0 cash and also no medals for kills.

Instead, have a bonus timer for this round. I think we get $500 for each time we score with the idol so maybe change it so we get more cash?

E.g

Get the Idol to the chest:

Under 1 minute = $2000

Under 2 minutes = $1000

2 minutes and over = $500

This would give ALL the players an incentive to work together and get that idol to the chest for that cash bonus

Players can earn a maximum of $4000 each for this round if they work together which is the MAIN AIM of co-op.

There should be a timer on the screen like there was in U2.

I think it's a pretty simple fix? All that's required is:

1. A timer on the screen
  2. Remove kills/cash and medals from this round
  3. The quicker you score the money you earn

OTHER ISSUES:

• Those SAS Hemet brutes are disgustingly OP as well as those guys with orange vests who come at you with their sawed off shotgun and pistoles. The problem with the SAS guys are that they can kill in one shot and their SAS has a huuuuge range compared to ours. The orange vest guys shoot their guns 3-4 times in a row and down you before you can even react. They need to be how they were before they got buffed for no reason whatsoever.

• The high 5 animation button needs to be replaced with reviving button (Triangle), High 5 is pointless in co-op and we don't need triangle to do everything for us. I hate it when I'm trying to revive a friend and my character picks up a weapon or fails to throw a nearby grenade. Pressing the high 5 button (down I think) will work wonders.

So, to some it up, this should be the patch notes for Patch 1.15:

• Non Playable maps now available for co-op after a few have been edited
  • Down button to revive a downed team mate
  • SAS Brutes now have a standard range on their guns
  • Pistole and Shotgun enemies have standard recoil on thier guns
  • When everyone but you leaves the game, then you get all cash you earned
  • Idol disapperaing glitch has been fixed. Idol respawns after 2 minutes
  • "Kill left" increasing during the last few kills on survival or seige have been fixed
  • Assist cash has been significantly increased. You know get much more for assists
  • Kills no longer count during Gold Rush and you get no cash nor medals for them either, just the cash bonus

If you can make this happen ND then you will make a lot of people happy and PROVE that you are true to your words when you said co-op will get more attention this time round in U3, or was that another lie? Only you can answer that by making your next move Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 133 (3,913 Views)
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Re: Naughty Dog Make Patch 1.15 ALL ABOUT CO-OP PLEASE

Aug 12, 2012
What I don't understand is why we can play Old Quarter in Shade Survival but not normal Arena. Why is that? Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 133 (3,908 Views)
Sackboy
531 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Why dont they make 1.15 about waffles

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kal 7 Expert, Master of Sarcasm, Maker of TheGamerFromSpace Community Project
Message 3 of 133 (3,901 Views)
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Aug 12, 2012

astroman98765 wrote:

Why dont they make 1.15 about waffles

Why don't you make a better reply. Co-op NEEDS some love.

Message 4 of 133 (3,890 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1179 posts

Aug 12, 2012
Message 5 of 133 (3,887 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5219 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
What I don't understand is why we can play Old Quarter in Shade Survival but not normal Arena. Why is that? Smiley Indifferent

My assumption would be to do with the water area.

Message 6 of 133 (3,881 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Aug 12, 2012
I've got that increased assist reward from your thread, and will defo add them to the OP, feel free to take my ideas down too on your thread. We need to work together to get the message to ND Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 133 (3,874 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

KUDOS TA **bleep** OUT UV TIS THREAD. (I'm speaking improper English on porpoise). Co-op has not had ANY major since retail release. Sure its had minor changes, but no gamebreaking ones. I'm pretty sure once M9 Rof gets its nerf or removal, ND will move their attention to Co-op.  If they don't.. lets just say there will be one less game developer in this world... Smiley Happy. But on a serious note, CO-OP NEEDS SUM WUV!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 133 (3,869 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Aug 12, 2012

tack129 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

This can be easily fixed by draining the water or simply removing it altogether. I know it may sound silly but other maps have been edited like this too. 

Message 9 of 133 (3,862 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Aug 12, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

tack129 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

This can be easily fixed by draining the water or simply removing it altogether. I know it may sound silly but other maps have been edited like this too. 

But why can we use the water area in Shade Survival? What makes Shade Mode get a pass on this level even though it has water? Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 133 (3,853 Views)