Fender Bender
3802 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, Lag is game-breaking since patch 1.17

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

I agree. Played couple matches in a party yesterday. Every one of them was REALLY laggy.

I'm gonna stay away from this for a "while"..

Message 11 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Smoke bomb is officially useless now. Thanks ND!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 43 (450 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Smoke bomb is officially useless now. Thanks ND!

It's always been useless because of lag.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 13 of 43 (446 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Guys, I've started to play Uncharted 2's multiplayer shortly after its release and since then Uncharted is the only online game I'm playing. I know how to deal with the usual amount of lag. But what happens now is beyond all that. It's as if the biggest bull**** is becoming the norm now.

Things changed over night (patch). Even in TDM - where most players are - the lag is bad. TO has less players and is almost unplayable. The things we saw today were unbelievable. I wouldn't even know where to start...

These are totally unacceptable conditions. I've never ever seen that much lag before. I've also never received that many messages from friends asking me if the lag is that bad for me as well. If some of you really do not notice it (hard to believe), lucky you...

Message 14 of 43 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I haven't noticed any lag in any of the matches I've played, only more parties. Lots and lots of parties. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 15 of 43 (408 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Feb 27, 2013
i played for a good 4 hours on Tuesday, little or no lag for me, worst lag i had was a few deaths through a wall
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 16 of 43 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Hey Eric!

Is this time to forget about technical problem excuses and implement PING based matchmaking in next patch?

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 17 of 43 (386 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Lag was game breaking well before patch 1.17.  I've seen more craziness from lag in these past two months than I had seen in an entire year of playing this game daily.  People teleport punching, shooting through walls, standing on grenades, one punch kills, throwing grenades back after they should have exploded three times, getting riddled with hundreds of bullets and not dying, and shotgun M9s just to name a few.  Competitive multiplayer is an absolute mess.

I played the game on and off all day yesterday and had mixed results.  The worst lag I dealt with was in The Hammer Lab where I shot this Drake's feet to knock him down, but he didn't fall, so I shot the rest of my chambered rounds at him and he kills me!  And I see that he didn't even have team safe on!  There were other moments but most of those were the usual everyday lag. That is just how this game is.  All games will lag but not all games handle lag in such a poor manner.   

My biggest wish for this game at the moment is for the Lag compensation to be tuned to an acceptable level for all parties.  Unfortunately we know now that this will never happen, because only two people are currently working on this game and neither one of them are capable of making the frankly HUGE changes that this game needs.

Hopefully Naughty Dog is taking notes and never lets something like this happen again.  I still don't feel that it is too late.  Push The Last of Us another couple of months and put everybody back to work on Uncharted 3 and get this embarrassment fixed get this game finished

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - mrkaizoku
Message 18 of 43 (369 Views)
Wastelander
567 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Imho the lag is faaar more consistent and higher than b4. Theres still the occasional super laggers, but the daily lag encountered is higher than b4. Had a few matches today where i died while the foreigners lived even if i started shooting first without missing...so not cool.

The current lagg causes some wacky deaths where it seems to skip animations or just speed em up O_O anybody notice that as well??
Message 19 of 43 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 28, 2013

a20198610 wrote:

Hey Eric!

Is this time to forget about technical problem excuses and implement PING based matchmaking in next patch?

They are already actively seeking to improve matchmaking in any way possible. Your complaining isn't helping anything. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 20 of 43 (347 Views)
0 Likes