Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, Did You Rush Uncharted 3?

Sep 29, 2012

klrp wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:
garbage compared to uncharted 1 and 2.

And the spelling mistakes are from stupid autocorrect. It's the same reason why there are dots on my e's o's and y's sometimes. If I make a spelling mistake my phone saves it and thinks its right, so if don't feel like trying to fix the autocorrect I will just leave the mistake and hope everyone will understand.

You could say it is not as good as 1 and 2, I agree with you on that. But the sp of UC3 was imo not way below u1 and 2 quality, just a bit below. So no garbage.

And why don't you just disable autocorrect Smiley Tongue

"Just a bit below?" There's no bonuses whatsoever. The story has no treasure-hunting angle for a series based on treasure-hunting. And, let's see, the only two minor hero friends you have only go with you until Syria (The only reason Chloe is more known than Cutter is because of UC2. If she wasn't in UC2, she'd have the exact same character development as Cutter, which is practically nothing).

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 41 of 69 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 29, 2012
The autocorrect helps sometimes, but for some reason it decides that I wanna spell some words wrong Smiley Sad

And SP wise: I mean that there are no bonuses so there is no replay value, and playing through on crushing was just way to easy compared to 1 and 2.

The enemies are just complete idiots, who stand there as you shoot them, where in UDF they seemed to move around and doge bullets more often.

On crushing, the only hard part was 'the final boss' that didn't even feel like a final boss. When I got the trophy *ding* sound I was thinking '**bleep**?' it didn't feel like a final boss. And I crushing you can just butto mash to become invincible and stuck in a repeating animation until you heal.

UDF and UAT had much better bosses and storylines, and had SP bonuses so that I could have fun with 3rd 4th and 5th playthroughs.

Plus, you were rewarded for being good and gettin platinum in the game, with the SP bonuses as Platzor in U2. You get no bonuses in U3, which will give a lot of people no incentive to platinum the game. (I am still waiting to get my PVR so I can get my last treasures and platinum it Smiley Very Happy )

Plus, the SP felt a lot shorter than UDF and U2. I don't know if it is actually shorter, or it is just because it was so easy, but it seemed to go by really fast. It doesn't help that ND cut out multiple parts of the SP, that could've added more depth and length to the game.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 42 of 69 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Lol they bleep
W
T
F

But they don't bleep BAMF Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 43 of 69 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

I wouldn't know if they did. Because we aren't game developers.... most of us anyways, I think.

Message 44 of 69 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Because whoever came up with the filter for this forum is a BAMF. Don't mess with him.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 45 of 69 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

I think they already admitted the game was rushed if you read between the lines. They had begun working on a TLoU and it seems like Sony expected them to come out with UC3 in 2 years anyway, so they had to split up the dev teams and what was left working on UC3 was basically the skeleton crew. IMO it showed in the final product: the single player campaign had a lame story, most of the new characters were lame and the returning characters were underused and not very interesting (outside of Drake and Sully). Also, the game's multiplayer was a mess with glitches that should NEVER be shipped in the game's retail version but were later fixed. It's obvious Sony was pushing them to meet that 11/1/11 date and the final product felt like a rush job all around. Thankfully the multiplayer can be continually worked on to feel like less of a rush job; unfortunately, the same can't be said for the SP campaign.

Message 46 of 69 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 29, 2012
The problem with new games:

They can be patched. They can be patched and the devs know this, so they don't care I'd their game if full of problems.

Back on systems like GameCube, PSX and N64 the game devs needed to make sure their games were perfect, or as close to perfect as possible, when they released them, since they could not patch any problems.

This is the biggest problem with modern gaming. Most game devs don't care if their game is messed up when it is released, because they could always fix it later.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 47 of 69 (217 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I wish they gave more for Charlie Cutter. How do they know Cutter? How did he even trick Talbot into hiring him? Why does he have great knowledge of Queen Elizabeth and John Dee? Why does he have a journal of said people? How does Elena know him?

List goes on.... ESPECIALLY if you onclude Talbot.
Message 48 of 69 (214 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7099 posts

Sep 29, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I wish they gave more for Charlie Cutter. How do they know Cutter? How did he even trick Talbot into hiring him? Why does he have great knowledge of Queen Elizabeth and John Dee? Why does he have a journal of said people? How does Elena know him?

List goes on.... ESPECIALLY if you onclude Talbot.

I have a feeling we could have known this. If anything, this is the most obvious thing that was "unfinished" in the final product. Although I think this had more to do with his actor leaving or something, it would have been nice if ND didn't write out Cutter midway through the game. I loved the moments he had between him and Drake, highlights of the entire game IMO.

2 smart arses having a conversation with each other while Sully and Chloe are like Smiley Indifferent made me laugh a lot

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 49 of 69 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Why did they make cutter so stupid?

When he jumped away from the fire... He jumped! He jumped instead of dropping down off the ledge, and when he landed he kept his legs as straight as possible, so it's pretty obvious that he was going to break them.

If he dropped down from the ledge, and maybe rolled out of thë fall he might've saved his legs...

But I guess they needed ro get rid of his character, WITHOUT killing him off, because they probably plan on using him in a future Uncharted game... Unlike Jeff Smiley Tongue

Too bad Cutter's voice actor was also recording for a movie at the same time that he was working on Uncharted 3 Smiley Sad
I'm pretty sure that's why he dissapeared, idk why else they would make him dissapear Smiley Sad

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 50 of 69 (208 Views)
0 Likes