Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, Did You Rush Uncharted 3?

Sep 30, 2012

Dude any game that has a campaign is going to focus more on the campaign because believe it or not not everyone plays playstation online.

R.I.P POGO
Message 61 of 69 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Sep 30, 2012

I remember that one of the rumors flying around for Uncharted 3's storyline near release was that it would be revealed that Sully and Marlowe were Drake's parents.

While it was an extremely cliched route to take, it would've been a lot better than the scarce backstory, if you could call it that, that we got for Marlowe. Well, then again, maybe not.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 62 of 69 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 30, 2012

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

I remember that one of the rumors flying around for Uncharted 3's storyline near release was that it would be revealed that Sully and Marlowe were Drake's parents.

While it was an extremely cliched route to take, it would've been a lot better than the scarce backstory, if you could call it that, that we got for Marlowe. Well, then again, maybe not.

That would be a great plot twist, rather than empty characters for everyone.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 63 of 69 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
649 posts

Sep 30, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

So if that rumor was true, would they be brothers or half?Talbot and Nate.jpg

Message 64 of 69 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

Some of my friends speculated that Marlowe was Elenas mother.

Also that Talbot was somehow Flynns brother.

Message 65 of 69 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 30, 2012

scodicam wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

So if that rumor was true, would they be brothers or half? (Drake/Talbot)

Depends. IS Talbot Marlowe's son?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 66 of 69 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I don't get what's wrong sight the increase in health and cover system. Games should build on their sequels as well. You can't innovate every aspect. But it is a well known fact tha this game was rushed. That's what happens when you announce a release date a year in advance. That's probably why they're so tentative on announcing a Last of Us release date. I'm sure Sony has a hand too, as they wanted a good Christmas line up.

Message 67 of 69 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 1, 2012
ND is practically Sony. Of course they have a had in this, jj.
Message 68 of 69 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Xdye7 wrote:

pdiss88 wrote:

I think they already admitted the game was rushed if you read between the lines. They had begun working on a TLoU and it seems like Sony expected them to come out with UC3 in 2 years anyway, so they had to split up the dev teams and what was left working on UC3 was basically the skeleton crew. IMO it showed in the final product: the single player campaign had a lame story, most of the new characters were lame and the returning characters were underused and not very interesting (outside of Drake and Sully). Also, the game's multiplayer was a mess with glitches that should NEVER be shipped in the game's retail version but were later fixed. It's obvious Sony was pushing them to meet that 11/1/11 date and the final product felt like a rush job all around. Thankfully the multiplayer can be continually worked on to feel like less of a rush job; unfortunately, the same can't be said for the SP campaign.

ND set the 11/11/11 deadline themselves. They flat out said it was a bad idea and they're never doing it again.

lol

This

Message 69 of 69 (149 Views)
0 Likes