Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, Did You Rush Uncharted 3?

Sep 29, 2012

This shows that Naughty Dog WAS planning to take Chloe and possibly Cutter farther than they did in the finished campaign.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 51 of 69 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

Sep 29, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I wish they gave more for Charlie Cutter. How do they know Cutter? How did he even trick Talbot into hiring him? Why does he have great knowledge of Queen Elizabeth and John Dee? Why does he have a journal of said people? How does Elena know him?

List goes on.... ESPECIALLY if you onclude Talbot.

Talbot was just an awful character and nothing was ever explained about him. He was no better than Lieutenant Draza in my eyes, but at least Draza was presented as a lumbering sub-boss. ND tried to make Talbot the final boss, which just plain didn't work because all he did earlier in the game was run away and shoot tranquilizer darts.

Message 52 of 69 (317 Views)
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

Sep 29, 2012

pdiss88 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I wish they gave more for Charlie Cutter. How do they know Cutter? How did he even trick Talbot into hiring him? Why does he have great knowledge of Queen Elizabeth and John Dee? Why does he have a journal of said people? How does Elena know him?

Talbot was just an awful character and nothing was ever explained about him. He was no better than Lieutenant Draza in my eyes, but at least Draza was presented as a lumbering sub-boss. ND tried to make Talbot the final boss, which just plain didn't work because all he did earlier in the game was run away and shoot tranquilizer darts.

Exactly! Talbot was full of question marks and Marlowe was flat out horrible boss compared to Lazaravic.

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 53 of 69 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Sep 29, 2012

This is an interesting video on the squandered potential of Talbot:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 54 of 69 (303 Views)
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

This is an interesting video on the squandered potential of Talbot:

Yeah I already saw this. It was an excellent analysis of talbot. Every point he made was spot on. Honetsly, Nd hyped the sp of u3 to much. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 55 of 69 (297 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Sep 29, 2012

pdiss88 wrote:

I think they already admitted the game was rushed if you read between the lines. They had begun working on a TLoU and it seems like Sony expected them to come out with UC3 in 2 years anyway, so they had to split up the dev teams and what was left working on UC3 was basically the skeleton crew. IMO it showed in the final product: the single player campaign had a lame story, most of the new characters were lame and the returning characters were underused and not very interesting (outside of Drake and Sully). Also, the game's multiplayer was a mess with glitches that should NEVER be shipped in the game's retail version but were later fixed. It's obvious Sony was pushing them to meet that 11/1/11 date and the final product felt like a rush job all around. Thankfully the multiplayer can be continually worked on to feel like less of a rush job; unfortunately, the same can't be said for the SP campaign.

ND set the 11/11/11 deadline themselves. They flat out said it was a bad idea and they're never doing it again.

lol

Ain't nothin' to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
Message 56 of 69 (272 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Although it was rushed and did not have that same groundbreaking impression Uncharted 2 had, props to Naughty Dog for transcending graphical boundaries. ^-^

Some of my favorite aesthetic features newly added to this installment are:

- Drake brushing his hands against walls and objects as he moves past them. (I liked how characters in multiplayer can do this, too)

- The clips that fall to the ground when reloading your weapon and now able to shoot them off the ground. (could not remember if Uncharted 2 did this.)

- His diving animation when jumping toward any deep body of water. (I don't recall seeing this in the previous games)

Minor details, really, but things to be appreciated. ^-^

--------------------------------------------------------

Playstation Network ID: FeiLong722 (alternate account of Firedragon722) ^-^
Message 57 of 69 (261 Views)
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

Sep 30, 2012

FeiLong722 wrote:

Although it was rushed and did not have that same groundbreaking impression Uncharted 2 had, props to Naughty Dog for transcending graphical boundaries. ^-^

Some of my favorite aesthetic features newly added to this installment are:

- Drake brushing his hands against walls and objects as he moves past them. (I liked how characters in multiplayer can do this, too)

- The clips that fall to the ground when reloading your weapon and now able to shoot them off the ground. (could not remember if Uncharted 2 did this.)

- His diving animation when jumping toward any deep body of water. (I don't recall seeing this in the previous games)

Minor details, really, but things to be appreciated. ^-^

I see. But I would rather have a story that is amazing then all that stuff tbh. 

34gau1c.jpg

Message 58 of 69 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Sep 30, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Why did they make cutter so stupid?

When he jumped away from the fire... He jumped! He jumped instead of dropping down off the ledge, and when he landed he kept his legs as straight as possible, so it's pretty obvious that he was going to break them.

If he dropped down from the ledge, and maybe rolled out of thë fall he might've saved his legs...

But I guess they needed ro get rid of his character, WITHOUT killing him off, because they probably plan on using him in a future Uncharted game... Unlike Jeff :smileytongue:

Too bad Cutter's voice actor was also recording for a movie at the same time that he was working on Uncharted 3 :smileysad:
I'm pretty sure that's why he dissapeared, idk why else they would make him dissapear :smileysad:

This has always bothered me. The first thing I thought was: "Why didn't he just do the hang-drop thing?????"

Do you feel me?

Message 59 of 69 (226 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Sep 30, 2012

wais_45 wrote:

pdiss88 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Exactly! Talbot was full of question marks and Marlowe was flat out horrible boss compared to Lazaravic.

See, whoever wrote the plot of UC3 did not consider the fact that it was a big thing to know why is he in the story. Draza's well, Draza would be Zoran's right-hand man, and you're right, the fact that he's only a sub-boss pretty much means there's no reason to give much for him. Talbot, on the other hand, IS *THE BOSS*, so the fact that he has the same character development as Cutter (not agood thing for Charlie, either) is pretty stupid.

Regarding Marlowe, the only background we have of her is that she used to date Sully, work with Sully, all that, and that she wanted the ring, too. That's it.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 60 of 69 (219 Views)
0 Likes