Fender Bender
4338 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, Did You Rush Uncharted 3?

Sep 28, 2012

Da proof.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 11 of 69 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Oh wow. I expected everyone to agree with me but I guess not. I guess people are fine with the noob friendly changes in Uncharted 3 such as: 

Kickbacks with a low requirement of medals 

Blindifring accuracy

Etc.

Most Uncharted 2 veterans will hopefully grasp the concept.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 12 of 69 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7527 posts

Sep 28, 2012

na i dont think they rushed they had half on the last of us and half on uncharted 3 thats why it was so broken and also everyone seem to have forgotten that uncharted wasnt originally meant to be a multiplayer game it was always singleplayer focused.......multiplayer is a seperate function that has been added to add replay value and that said the uncharted 3 single player is quite awesome although 2's was better

Sleep Matt signature
Message 13 of 69 (415 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Sep 28, 2012

thelegendaryD wrote:

Hi, Naughty Dog. I'm really confused and bamboozled right now... I'm wondering why Uncharted 3 is so "unoriginal" to Uncharted 2's multiplayer. I wonder and wonder..and I finally understand why. I need you guys to count how many patches you released for this multiplayer franchise. About 14, right? Im not trying to be rude, but you guys are a (used to be) quality company that manufactures electronics. 

Naughty Dog, did you guys rush Uncharted 3's multiplayer? Did you just slap a KAL7 into the game without further testing it for future exploits? This kind of bothers me and everyone else. The thought that Naughty Dog, best company best known for Jak and Daxter would do this. 

Now let me tell you why I think you guys totally rushed Uncharted 3's multiplayer: 

• You waited months to patch the KAL, GMAL, and Rate of Fire
  • You need forumers to tell you how to make your game better
  • You (obviously) did not test these weapons or bugs in the game
  • Uncharted 3 came out a lot earlier than what many fans have expected

......Shall I go on? Anyways, I think you guys need to actually test these things out before you decide to give it an early release date. A gameshouldn't require 15 **bleep** patches to make it more better and enjoyable. Honestly.....

Now let me explain why Uncharted 3 is TOTALLY unoriginal to Uncharted 2' multiplayer: 

• Kickbacks
  • Cover system 
  • Power Weapons laying around more than they should
  • Choosing your own weapon instead of having an old fashioned default AK. (Good times)
  • The increase in health

Im just giving you these Tips, Naughty Dog before you release The Last Of Us and possibly Uncharted 4. 

You're focusing too much on the single player instead of the multiplayer. 

Thanks. Smiley Happy

I always thought that the SP portion was rushed due to the sudden end, I've loved the multiplayer since my first match, maybe I'm easy to please, or maybe this is a really good MP.

This is my go to multiplayer game, a lot of it is due to Uncharted 2 and yes, it was great but thinking back it could be just a aggravating as this game, everyone always refers back to U2 as better and I don't see it that way, generally people do that due to nostalgia and that is what I think it is, maybe it's just me.

I'm very happy with this multiplayer regardless of the occasional little thing every now and then but it's an online multiplayer game, you can't rely on everyone in this game to play fair or have the best internet connection or anything

Yes, there have been MANY patches but that shows they're just trying to improve the game, a lot of game developers do that, I believe Infinity ward was or may still be working on a big patch balancing weapons, and if I major developer like them who have released several successful online multiplayer games has to adjust guns and such, a small company like ND would  obviously have to do the same, if they didn't it would show they wouldn't care, you can only test guns so much during the testing phase, as mentioned before it's online multiplayer, people will always use things in ways they're not intended for.

This game may have let many people down but it's not like they purposely  made mistakes, no company would do that, maybe they tried a few things from other companies multiplayers, but from ND's perspective I'm sure they wanted MW2's number of daily players because frankly U2 was barren compared to every multiplayer I've ever played.

Thats my opinion anyway, it may not be perfect or remotely close, but it's fun, and I'm playing it right now and enjoying it very much.

Message 14 of 69 (412 Views)
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

thelegendaryD wrote:

Hi, Naughty Dog. I'm really confused and bamboozled right now... I'm wondering why Uncharted 3 is so "unoriginal" to Uncharted 2's multiplayer. I wonder and wonder..and I finally understand why. I need you guys to count how many patches you released for this multiplayer franchise. About 14, right? Im not trying to be rude, but you guys are a (used to be) quality company that manufactures electronics. 

Naughty Dog, did you guys rush Uncharted 3's multiplayer? Did you just slap a KAL7 into the game without further testing it for future exploits? This kind of bothers me and everyone else. The thought that Naughty Dog, best company best known for Jak and Daxter would do this. 

Now let me tell you why I think you guys totally rushed Uncharted 3's multiplayer: 

......Shall I go on? Anyways, I think you guys need to actually test these things out before you decide to give it an early release date. A gameshouldn't require 15 **bleep** patches to make it more better and enjoyable. Honestly.....

Now let me explain why Uncharted 3 is TOTALLY unoriginal to Uncharted 2' multiplayer: 

• Kickbacks
  • Cover system 
  • Choosing your own weapon instead of having an old fashioned default AK. (Good times)
  • The increase in health

Im just giving you these Tips, Naughty Dog before you release The Last Of Us and possibly Uncharted 4. 

Thanks. Smiley Happy

I always thought that the SP portion was rushed due to the sudden end, I've loved the multiplayer since my first match, maybe I'm easy to please, or maybe this is a really good MP.

This is my go to multiplayer game, a lot of it is due to Uncharted 2 and yes, it was great but thinking back it could be just a aggravating as this game, everyone always refers back to U2 as better and I don't see it that way, generally people do that due to nostalgia and that is what I think it is, maybe it's just me.

I'm very happy with this multiplayer regardless of the occasional little thing every now and then but it's an online multiplayer game, you can't rely on everyone in this game to play fair or have the best internet connection or anything

Yes, there have been MANY patches but that shows they're just trying to improve the game, a lot of game developers do that, I believe Infinity ward was or may still be working on a big patch balancing weapons, and if I major developer like them who have released several successful online multiplayer games has to adjust guns and such, a small company like ND would  obviously have to do the same, if they didn't it would show they wouldn't care, you can only test guns so much during the testing phase, as mentioned before it's online multiplayer, people will always use things in ways they're not intended for.

This game may have let many people down but it's not like they purposely  made mistakes, no company would do that, maybe they tried a few things from other companies multiplayers, but from ND's perspective I'm sure they wanted MW2's number of daily players because frankly U2 was barren compared to every multiplayer I've ever played.

Thats my opinion anyway, it may not be perfect or remotely close, but it's fun, and I'm playing it right now and enjoying it very much.

...just wanted to add NOT infinity ward or just about any developer for that matter (cept dice, maybe) has released even close to fourteen patches for their game...And it's not cause those games weren't broken.

Message 15 of 69 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Sep 28, 2012

they are too busy working on tlou 

Message 16 of 69 (389 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Yes.They really tried for that 11-1-11 release date. While they made their money, we got stuck with a product that could have been so much better with just a little bit more time put into it.
Message 17 of 69 (387 Views)
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I don't think it was rushed, just not well thought out.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 69 (385 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 28, 2012
The SP on UC3 has no replay value.
Once I get my PVR and record my platinum I will never play the SP again.

On the other hand, I just recently bought another copy of Uncharyed: Drakes Fortune and I plan on playing through it on crushing again, as a different character and using thë in-game bonuses to have fun.

And Uncharted 2 has the SP bonuses like anti-gravity and slo-mo that are a lot of fun, and I can play as any character I want.

The fact the UC3 has no SP bonuses gives the game no replay value, and of they pushed the release date the Sp could've been ao much better.

ND's pride got in thë way. They promised us a release date, and since ND never missed a release date they had to rush the game to make sure it was out on time, which ruined the game.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 19 of 69 (383 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Sep 28, 2012

capn_plasm wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

thelegendaryD wrote:

Hi, Naughty Dog. I'm really confused and bamboozled right now... I'm wondering why Uncharted 3 is so "unoriginal" to Uncharted 2's multilayer. I wonder and wonder..and I finally understand why. I need you guys to count how many patches you released for this multilayer franchise. About 14, right? Im not trying to be rude, but you guys are a (used to be) quality company that manufactures electronics. 

Naughty Dog, did you guys rush Uncharted 3's multilayer? Did you just slap a KAL7 into the game without further testing it for future exploits? This kind of bothers me and everyone else. The thought that Naughty Dog, best company best known for Jak and Daxter would do this. 

• Kickbacks
  • Cover system 
  • The increase in health

Thanks. Smiley Happy

...just wanted to add NOT infinity ward or just about any developer for that matter (cept dice, maybe) has released even close to fourteen patches for their game...And it's not cause those games weren't broken.

Yes, true, I was using them as an example, even though it does seem like ND is neglecting this game, they're doing a lot more   than most developers, no developers simply says screw the community, we have money, and though it seems like they may people don't understand that patches and what not aren't just numbers and coding, I even learned something recently since ND mentioned it about them having to go through Sony to approve patches.

Now I mentioned Infinity ward and you mentioned DICE and even though they're pretty good development teams I think ND is one of the most fair, the only company I could say is more fair is Valve and that is an honor in my opinion, at least ND developed they're own engine for their game unlike *Cough Treyarch *cough* and didn't use a generic Engine for Uncharted, they didn't go the generic FPS route, they wanted to make an exclusive console game that would be highly regarded in the gaming industry and they did, not just 1 game but a franchise of games, they strive to keep that title and 14 patches (Soon to be 15) shows that. I think people are just ungrateful. I'm not calling out anyone in this thread seeing as constructive criticism is needed for anyone, but give them slack, this game is almost a year old and we're still getting blog post and patches and fresh ideas. Not many games are getting that.

(Also spell check may have screwed me :-D)

Message 20 of 69 (370 Views)