Reply
Aug 17 2012
By: scoobycool Uncharted Territory 1672 posts
Offline

Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

[ Edited ]
82 replies 977 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

From the August Q&A:


Q: Is it possible to give us brighter color palettes for Pre-existing items/characters? Why not just add Harry Flynn's palette to all characters/items?

A: Yes, it’s possible with some catches. We designed the colors to be what they are so that it’s easier to distinguish between Hero and Villain characters. By and large, Villains have a darker color palette while Heroes have a brighter one. Since the community seems to want color schemes that are aesthetically brighter we’ve been looking into if this will be possible in a future patch. It’s technically possible but the palette might not change because we want to keep the delineation between Hero and Villain there.



Naughty Dog why do you care so much for the noobs that play this game? It seems as if you're worried that newcomers to the game will not be able to tell Heroes and Villains apart.

 

I don't even understand this answer. You guys added new character customization in 1.13, and you can use the same exact head items for Heroes and Villains. Therefore noobs can easily confuse Heroes and Villains. The Shade items for Custom Hero and Villains are also exactly the same. Not to mention that you can also play as the Djinn on both Heroes and Villains, and you can wear Spyder's items on both Custom Heroes and Villains.

 

Yet you guys won't add a better color palette for the characters to avoid confustion between Heroes and Villains, even though you are already confusing the noobs with the same customization being on both Villain and Hero characters? Makes no sense. I mean, there ARE Red and Green name tags you know. (Red and Blue name tags for color-blind people) It's pretty easy to distinguish Heroes and Villains just from that. I don't even pay attention to the clothes to distinguish Heroes and Villains apart, I just look to see if their name is written in red.

 

Also you say that you want Heroes to have brighter colors and Villains darker colors? So, how about giving the Heroes bright Blue, Red, Green, etc, as they are all bright colors which is exactly what you want Heroes to have.

 

..At the very least, you can give us a new color palette for Heroes.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 83 (977 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 07/17/2012
Offline
62 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012

totally agree


Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 83 (957 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/11/2012
Offline
1036 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012
Yes please!!! +K
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 83 (938 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/23/2010
Offline
1135 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012
I love you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 83 (924 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Online
11024 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012

Yeah, it's like there's only retarded people who can't distinguish if Nathan Drake is a hero or a villain. :smileyindifferent:

 

Seriosuly though, we have TONS of threads about it, make it happen, the community wants it and you guys said it's definitely possible. SO DO IT NAUGHTY DOG.

 

And since ya'll in a good mood, bring Wetsuit Elena too. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 83 (919 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
793 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012

scoobycool wrote:

From the August Q&A:


Q: Is it possible to give us brighter color palettes for Pre-existing items/characters? Why not just add Harry Flynn's palette to all characters/items?

A: Yes, it’s possible with some catches. We designed the colors to be what they are so that it’s easier to distinguish between Hero and Villain characters. By and large, Villains have a darker color palette while Heroes have a brighter one. Since the community seems to want color schemes that are aesthetically brighter we’ve been looking into if this will be possible in a future patch. It’s technically possible but the palette might not change because we want to keep the delineation between Hero and Villain there.



Naughty Dog why do you care so much for the noobs that play this game? It seems as if you're worried that newcomers to the game will not be able to tell Heroes and Villians apart.

 

I don't even understand this answer. You guys added new character customization in 1.13, and you can use the same exact head items for Heroes and Villians. Therefore noobs can easily confuse Heroes and Villians lmfao. The Shade items for Custom Hero and Villians are also exactly the same. Not to mention that you can also play as the Djinn on both Heroes and Villians, and you can wear Spyder's items on both Custom Heroes and Villians.

 

Yet you guys won't add a better color palette for the characters to avoid confustion between Heroes and Villians, even though you are already confusing the noobs with the same customization being on both Hero and Villian characters? Makes no sense. I mean, there ARE Red and Green name tags you know. (Red and Blue name tags for color-blind people) It's pretty easy to distinguish Heroes and Villians just from that. I don't even pay attention to the clothes to tell Heroes and Villians apart, I just look to see if they have a Red name tag next to their name.

 

Also you say that you want Heroes to have brighter colors and Villians darker colors? So, how about giving the Heroes bright Blue, Red, Green, etc, as they are all bright colors which is exactly what you want Heroes to have.

 

..At the very least, you can give us a new color palette for Heroes.

 



 

I agree 100% 

 

I think they think newcomers are stupid and they cant tell the difference, lol

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 83 (909 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/25/2011
Offline
476 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Yeah, it's like there's only retarded people who can't distinguish if Nathan Drake is a hero or a villain. :smileyindifferent:

 

Seriosuly though, we have TONS of threads about it, make it happen, the community wants it and you guys said it's definitely possible. SO DO IT NAUGHTY DOG.

 

And since ya'll in a good mood, bring Wetsuit Elena too. :smileyhappy:


Didn't they say they won't be adding wetsuit elena ? Please correct me if I'm wrong 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 83 (904 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/07/2010
Offline
1672 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012

lucascampanha wrote

I agree 100% 

 

I think they think newcomers are stupid and they cant tell the difference, lol


That's exactly what they think. Which is honestly kind of stupid.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 83 (902 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Online
2179 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Yeah, it's like there's only retarded people who can't distinguish if Nathan Drake is a hero or a villain. :smileyindifferent:

 

Seriosuly though, we have TONS of threads about it, make it happen, the community wants it and you guys said it's definitely possible. SO DO IT NAUGHTY DOG.

 

And since ya'll in a good mood, bring Wetsuit Elena too. :smileyhappy:


I wish, but like the REAL Q and A answers said they are basically saying U MAD BRO? But it could be a tease... LETS BE POSITIVE INSTEAD. FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID, WE WILL TOTALLY GET WETSUIT ELENA. But seriously, why does Drake have a Wetsuit form (With a snorkel to match may I add) but Elena, a character who we have known just as long as Drake, gets stiffed.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 83 (889 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Online
11024 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012

rapha_333 wrote:
Didn't they say they won't be adding wetsuit elena ? Please correct me if I'm wrong 

 They have not said anything about Wetsuit Elena yet.

 

Though they said that Rika and Pinkerton won't make a return to U3. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 83 (884 Views)