Nov 06 2011
By: kingkranz I Only Post Everything 1115 posts

Nate's a dreamer and my way of how it should have been explained.

23 replies 15 views Edited Nov 6, 2011

There should have been a scene at the beggining of the game or at some part of the game were Nate is working some average crappy job such as doing construction sweating profusely thinking this freaking sucks!!!  Have him carrying heavy sheets of sheetrock, dust in his face.  Make him a complete mess with a beard and dust all over him.  Have Nate saying to himself, I gotta do something better with my life than this.  I can't take this crappy job anymore!!!  He always had a passion to find treasure since he was a kid and this would be his breakthrough in life to really make something of himself.  He thought if he could find treasure he could live a better life and NOT be stuck in some crappy construction job the rest of his life breaking his back.  Nate is an UNDERDOG and we can all relate to that.  Thats what makes him tick is the thought of HOPE one day he will find treasure and get away from his simple miserable life and be living on a beach somewhere warm

This right here explains more about Nate and why he ticks.  This my friends answers his plot hole.

Message 1 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

I am going to regret this... WHAT PLOT HOLE???

Nov 6, 2011
I am going to regret this...

WHAT PLOT HOLE???
Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

And why did you feel the need to take your post from the...

Nov 6, 2011

And why did you feel the need to take your post from the other thread and create an entirely separate one?

Also seeing Nate in the situation you described would just be... weird.  It would be so out of character for him consider what all we know about him.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Nate's life has many missing parts.

Nov 6, 2011

LadyPatience wrote:

WHAT PLOT HOLE???

1.  What makes him really tick is answered very weakly by saying he had a passion for treasure as a kid.  The plot hole really is why is he still looking for treasure.  Like I said above it should have been explained he was stuck in some crappy job and wanted a way out.  He thought finding treasure would solve his money problems and gave him HOPE.

2. We never see where Nate lives or anything about his daily life.  Plus nothing about his relationship with Elena besides them being on random adventures together.  Nate and Elena's regular life was left out.  And briefly Sully's regular life.

Message 4 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Really? I think not.

Nov 6, 2011

naaros wrote:

And why did you feel the need to take your post from the other thread and create an entirely separate one?

Also seeing Nate in the situation you described would just be... weird.  It would be so out of character for him consider what all we know about him.

Nate's character is becoming very real and never explains how he pays his bills.  And never explains his regular life with Elena.  The example I gave could have been Nate's reality vs his DREAM life as a dreamer.  Quite frankly most of the dreamers are the ones who struggle to pay there bills and support there family.  Treasure = hope for Nate and a way out of his money problems.

Without a purpose like this, its almost pointless for him to keep going on adventures IMO.  This at least gives him purpose.

Message 5 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

I'd say all this was answered pretty throughly, to be fai...

Nov 6, 2011

kingkranz wrote:

LadyPatience wrote:

WHAT PLOT HOLE???

1.  What makes him really tick is answered very weakly by saying he had a passion for treasure as a kid.  The plot hole really is why is he still looking for treasure.  Like I said above it should have been explained he was stuck in some crappy job and wanted a way out.  He thought finding treasure would solve his money problems and gave him HOPE.

2. We never see where Nate lives or anything about his daily life.  Plus nothing about his relationship with Elena besides them being on random adventures together.  Nate and Elena's regular life was left out.  And briefly Sully's regular life.

I'd say all this was answered pretty throughly, to be fair. He was all but orphaned aged 5, left to be bought up by Nuns. He was clearly an intelligent child, hence the sound understanding of Latin... he ran away. Found Sully. They steal stuff to order. Sometimes they make money out of it. He isn't a regular job kind of guy. Nor probably a regular address kind of guy.

The one thing about him that we don't know is where he got the idea about his lineage. Or whether it is just something he says.

Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sorry, wrong thread

Nov 6, 2011

Sorry, wrong thread

Message 7 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

King, no kidding, but this is exactly why ND is not goign...

Nov 6, 2011
King, no kidding, but this is exactly why ND is not goign to do like you want and get fans to help write the story. Terrible ideas like this are aplenty. Sorry but this is awful.
Message 8 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Ahh, gotta love when people toss around 'plot hole' incor...

Nov 6, 2011

Ahh, gotta love when people toss around 'plot hole' incorrectly :smileyhappy:

These are ALL unanswered questions.

Sure, I love character development and I'd love to know what motivates Drake. What makes him tick. BUT I think ND gave a little clue when they included the information about his parents.

I think there is still something left to be told about Drake's past (hence why I think UC4 is very possible). And I think the info about his parents is the tip of the iceberg when discussing his motivation and knack for adventure.

Message 9 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

I think Uncharted 4 is definitely possible, but I think t...

Nov 6, 2011

I think Uncharted 4 is definitely possible, but I think they would have to change up the story formula of Nate wanting to solve a mystery and find a lost city.  I'm not saying that because I'm bored of it, but because of the ending of Uncharted 3.  Nate basically said he was done with adventuring by his comment about trading in the ring for something better. (if they wanted, this could have functioned as a series finale, IMO)

As I have said before on these forums, maybe instead of Nate going after a villain, the villain would come after him and his loved ones.  It wouldn't be Nate looking for trouble this time, so Elena can't be mad about it.  It would be a nice change to the Uncharted formula, too.

Of course, if along the way of dealing with the new villain pursuing them, they find a lost city, well.. then go for dat treasure Nate! :smileywink: :smileytongue:

----------------------------------------------------

Message 10 of 24 (15 Views)
0 Likes