Feb 15 2012
By: RockyRacer1995 Splicer 66 posts

Nalena: Or Uncharted 4

109 replies 1352 views Edited Feb 15, 2012

At the end of Uncharted 3 we see Nate, Elena and Sully walking to a new plane. Great. But is it just me or does that ending seem a bit, not enough. And there was no kiss between Nate and Elena. Shame. So what about having ONE more Uncharted. The last one. Nate squares off against his equal. A rival treasure hunter. Equal in every way. A battle of wits and strength. The climatic conclusion to Uncharted! On PS4. But while we have this going on we also have a huge focus on Nate and Elena. Because me and my friends were all happy when Elena shows up in Chapter 10 but then she dissapears. You should have seen our faces. Shock. Where did she go? One of my friends who was a Chloe fan proved us right when he said he no longer liked her due to that bad plastic surgery and terrible ass. Then we saw Emily Roses' acting for Elena in U3 and we think she hit a new level.

So all in all we were pretty miffed when Elena was not in much. So we decided that Elena needed a game on her. She hasn't had one, really. So picture this, along with the main bad guy.

Nate has joined Elena in her job of journalism. NOW he has NOT become her camera man. That's stupid. (Could be funny if done properly). He just looks out for her and joins her on whatever she does. Keeps him busy and all that. Anyway you, in gameplay, walk to the location, listening to the brilliant banter that they are, IMO, perfect at. When you get there, for one reason or another, you get chased out. NOTE: This is not a deadly, life on the line chase. It's tame. Elena and Nate are laughing as they run. You move through the city intil you hide round a corner. Nate and Elena are still laughin at whetever happened. Then:

Elena: See? Better than treasure hunting?

Nate: (laughs) Better? Not quite the adreneline rush.

Elena: Ah, but this one has extra perks.

(They have a quick kiss)

Elena: See now?

Nate: Yeah, better.

You get a little insight into their relationship and they have, of course, NOT broken up. They are quite happy. Then Nate is forced into the hunt.

When Nate, Elena and Sully (Yes, Sully gets some good screentime, like around 3/4 of the game BUT not the focus. More as a catalyst to Nate/Elena) get ready to head into a jungle:

Nate: It's always jungles. Have I told you I hate jungles?

Sully: Too many times.

Nate starts muttering to himself.

Nate: Elena, you ready?

(Then Elena will appear in clothes like the stuff she wore in U1)

Nate looks her up and down

Nate: Where have these clothes been?

(Elena ignores the flirting)

Elena: Somewhere in the closet. But I figured if we're going to 'treasure hunt' then I might as well look the part, right?

(She'll walk off to look at other things)

Sully: Planning on getting a divorce?

Nate: No. Why?

Sully: So I can marry her!

(They laugh)

Nate: You're not being serious are ya?

(Sully just smiles at him and moves to Elena)

Nate: Hey, Sully! Seriously!

Then later in the story Sully has been killed (just joking, Sully's not getting away. Chloe or Cutter though...) Sully's lost and Elena and Nate have been captured by treasure hunter guy. Let's call him Jim for now. So Jim has got them and they are by a deep lake in the jungle. Nate is beaten up after having fought Jim and having lost. Now about the fight, I'll be all playable but he will be SO hard you CAN'T actually beat him in a fist fight. So the two are captured and he's tieing them to rocks.

Nate: Bit cliche, right? Tying us to rocks to drown. See this in a movie of something?

(Jim just smiles)

Jim: Perhaps. It won't really matter when you're dead though.

Elena: (under breath) Villians for Dummies.

Jim smiles at her, unprovoked.

Jim: What a waste., Ah, well. Maybe we'll recover your body late.

Nate: Touch her and-

Jim: You'll what. Shout at me when you're dead. Sure.

They evetually get hit in the water. Gameplay, you have to break out of your bonds by using the envioment. It's a realistic, gritty piece of gameplay. After getting out the music pitches as you try to get Elena. It looks as if Elena will go, but she won't. That'd suck and ruin Uncharted. You get her out in time and make your way to the surface. Jim's still there so he starts shooting at you and Elena as you race through the jungle. The Jungle race is really cool with leaves flashing in your screen and vibrations.

You get away and recover by the edge of the river.

Elena: Well, this officially sucks.

Nate: Yeah, Sully's gone, you were very close to death, AND I nearly lost my wedding ring!

Elena: No, I didn't mean those.

Nate: What then?

Elena: My clothes are wet. I hate wet clothes.

(Nate laughs and brings Elena into him and rests his head on hers.)

Nate: Happy you're not dead...

Elena: Me too.

There can be a romantic scene there. It's ND's call.

Later when you're walking through the jungle:

Elena: Y'know. I could really use a hotel now.

Nate: Come on Elena. You like getting tired, wounded and physically destroyed as much as I do. And I don't think it's even the right time for 'hotel activities'. Not the time.

(Then Nate realises this is not Chloe. No sex jokes. He turns back to Elena to say sorry and finds her smiling.)

Elena: Shame

(And plunges on ahead).

AND when they meet up with Sully again:

Sully: Y'know what I could use?

Elena: What?

Sully: A cigar.

Nate: You were almost sacrificed by the natives.

Elena: (mutters) Not to mention they drew blood.

Sully: Yeah, well if anyone of us is going to be sacrifices it's going to be Elena. She's an a... well, y'know.

(They smile.)

Nate: She's what Sully?

Elena: Yeah?

Sully: Between an old used man and a young woman I think I'd know what I'd choose!

Elena: Yeah, but you're Sully. It'll always be women with you.

(Sully moves forward.)

Sully: Can't get any goddamn sympathy here!

Elena and Sully WILL NOT DIE! But Chloe and Cutter can. To show hoe dangerous the guy is. But killing Elena or Sully is killing a pillar of Uncharted. And Sully needs to be grandfather Sully to Nate and Elena's child they have will have by the end in the long 8 minute cutscene which wraps up the serious. It takes place a month after the action and it can be at a beach bar. The 3 of them can be thinking back on Chloe and Cutter, (funeral happend earlier) and Elena can tell them she's pregnant. AND since it's the last one the child won't ruin the Uncharted story! But we know they have one 'cause I WANT Nate, Elena and Sully to expand their family with a few little Nate and Elena's.

So if ND actually read this I would like to think these ideas are okay. Either way I and my friends want an Nate/Elena focused Uncharted 4. But I think Sully's badass so don't cut him. Add them all together. Nate/Elena Forever.

Message 1 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: Nalena: Or Uncharted 4

Feb 15, 2012

I really hope Uncharted 4 is about Elena and Nate. They hinted at it apparently, but we'll see what they do. Anyway, I like these ideas. They sound really cool. I like the idea of Sully nearly getting sacrificed and the talk after. And the hotel bit would be a good bit off dialogue. But we'll see what ND do. If they actually read these things. Note: I think Emily's acting was extra goos this time and I don't know why she didn't win that damn VGA! Stupid critics.

Message 2 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 16, 2012

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ DRAKE'S JOURNAL

I believe part of why Elena had such a small part in U3 is because Emily Rose spends 6 months of the year filming her show Haven. Obviously that takes her out of commission for being in the plot for a consistently long time unlike say for example Sully, which may also explain why he got so much screentime in this one (not a bad thing I might add!).

Now of course it would be fantastic to have an Uncharted 4 focused on Nate and Elena, but I'm not sure the current situation and logistical issues for Emily would make it feasible. This would be compounded if Emily gets the role for Elena in the Uncharted film, which I hope she does because she deserves it and well, is Elena for all intents and purposes.

Despite the fact that she had a smaller role in U3, I thought the Nate and Elena scenes in U3 were easily the most emotional and touching moments through the series, especially the oft-mentioned apartment scene and the airport scene prior to the cargo plane. Emily's acting for those scenes were outstanding as already mentioned. I'm just glad Amy Hennig didn't decide to kill off Elena due to the scheduling troubles as mentioned by the book, because Uncharted wouldn't be the same without Elena, and the same could be said for Nate and Sully obviously.

Message 3 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, I thought the scenes between Nate and Elena in U3 were the best in the game. But about the scehdule times, Emily loves doing Uncharted and I recently read an interview about that. And she appeared in all those behind the scenes videos with Nolan North. But ND could spend years on U4 which could give them plenty of time to fit in with Emily's schedule. Because she would try to make time for it for the reasons above so there's no problem there. But if they planned a bit it would be feasiable. And I don't think she was going to appear in loads anyway due to it being a Sully focus.

But I really hope they do get her as the focus in U4. Everyone on these forums, from the posts I've seen, want it. But if Emily does become too busy to do Uncharted (cries) then they would have to end it because without Elena it is not Uncharted.

ND, about the whole '6 months time' if you spend, say, 3 years you have 18 months right there which has to be enough time for the whole acting bit of Uncharted. I hope.

And let's face it. She's an actor. One show will not stop her doing everything, especially not the one she really loves (Uncharted). Or at least I really hope. Speaking in a -I-never-want-this-to-happen way they could get a new voice actor?... THOUGH I NEVER want that to happen because, like you said, Emily IS Elena.

But all in all I think she can get a schedule together. I hope we don't have to worry about that being a problem. It is feasable.

But here's to hoping that Emily and ND work out a schedule and we get the Nate/Elena U4 game we want. It can't be that hard, can it? Maybe they are talking about it right now?...

Message 4 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Man, this is one of the Coollest ideas I've ever seen. The game should be about 2/4 in the jungle^^

And it should have about 15 hours of gameplay + 2 or 3 hours of cutscenes (17 or 18 hours on the total)

The graphics doesn't need to be better than U3. That part that you said "they running in the jungle with the "Jim" guy shooting' em would be cool if Nate and Elena run holding hands and the scene more or less like the Yemen part that Nate runs after Talbot. U4 FTW and an epic end for the serie with a Long Last Cutscene ( about 12/15 minuts) and when Elena says:

Elena: I'm pregnant.

Then Nate Looks to Sully, then Looks Elena and Says:

Nate: You're kidding right?

Then elena smiles to him and shake her head showing that is not a joke. Then Nate look to Sully and says:

Nate: She's kidding right?

Sully: I don't know kid, Maybe you should know after all. (with a malicious face)

Then Nate hug her and give her a long kiss ( about 3 seconds is enough) and Sully hugs him and says:

Sully: I'm proud of you kid...

Then the screen starts fading out and Elena says:

Elena: Another really good journalist coming up.

Nate: You're kidding right?

Elena: No...

Nate, No, You have got to be kidding, He or her gonna come with me and Sully.

Elena: What??? You're not talking about treasure, are you?

Nate and Sully: Maybe...

Nate: Just Kidding ^^

Black screen and credits

Should be great a end like this, with emotion and funny things togheter.

What do you think?

Message 5 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 16, 2012

A.) Thanks for the compliment. Nice to know someone thinks I have some good ideas.

B.) Nate and Elena running thorugh the jungle from 'Jim' as they hold hands? HELL YEAH! You have some brilliant ideas. But if they can make the graphics better that would be cool.

As for the ending dialogue you made, I think it sounds really cool. Funny, sounds like them, and it would be a solid end. It would really show a nice wrap up with a baby. I think you're ideas for the end are really good. Though I don't think Nate would have the nerve to say his kid will be like himk after the crap they'll go through in this game. I think it's awesome. ND, please read this. Quick modification:

Nate: No, the kid will be like me and Sully.

Elena: No, the baby's going to be a journalist!

(They start to argue)

Sully: Shut up! The Kid's obviously going to be a Con man.

Elena: Are you kidding me?

Nate: That's just stupid.

(They argue about what they want the child to be).

Thought I'd just add that to your end.

C.) Great, another suppoter to the Nate/Elena focused U4 war! Which seems to be going well fom the forums I've seen.

Thanks for the supportive post!

Message 6 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, Thanks man, Your ideas are very good too. I'm a independent game developer with Blender 3d ( I create a fell histories for games, I have a crazy mind  XD ). Hey, I think ND is going to use some of our Ideas, since I saw a old page here that a guy said to the history of U3 be a little obscure about an organization and Nate's past. And the game was like this. Please Naughty God... Dog ^^ use a few Ideas that we gave you here. The Last Uncharted should have a fine end like that. And maybe Nate could have a lighter this time and show that he's prepared this time (Like Sully says in U3). This "Jim" guy, could be an old Nate's friend or Sully's. Maybe a guy who participed in the survivor reality show with Elena. @RockyRacer1995, You are good with histories too. What do you think, this game could be for PS3 or PS4? I think it could be for PS4, because of the limitations. If you're curious about my game, look for "the tripod chronicles" on you tube (the videos are old but shows a little bit of the gameplay).

Sorry for my bad english. I'm Brazilian and I'm still learning. What more you think U4 should be? Like, which lost city this time? or treasure?

Message 7 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 17, 2012

A.) You're English is pretty damn good. I didn't even notice a bad point.

B.) That's cool that your an independant games designer. I'm just a forum guy.

C.) I really hope they do use our ideas. I've also seen a load of other good ones and they should be used too. Like this Rome scene where you walk and hold hands with Elena. But that's on a different post.

D.) Thank you. I like to be good at histories.

E.) PS4. That way we get super good graphics and maybe a load of new gameplay features. It also gives them plenty of time to work with Emily Rose's schedule (if that is a problem. I mean Nolan is busy too and he still gets time to do it.)

F.) Be cool if 'Jim' knew Elena before. We could get some history between them. Maybe Elena knows how to take him down? More interesting this way.

G.) Nate should have a lighter and make a big thing of it. They should also be forced by 'Jim' to somehow search for just a treasure this time. Not a city. That could get old. Maybe it really is just a normal treasure. Nate and Elena could walk away rich. Good insurance for the baby they will have.

I really hope ND do read this and use our ideas and the Elena focus. Everyone wants it ND. Just read the forums.

Good work. Let's hope that we see a U4 which reminds us of this...

Message 8 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Thank you ^^

Hey, what about in some part of the game if we could fly in the Sully's new plane? Like the Jetsky part in Drake's Fortune. And which country it could be? Maybe the Jungle of Amazon, but I can't remember any treasure legend from there 

I think Atlantis is a little idiot. Maybe this time they are looking for a Japanese lost City you know? Like those with samurai statues...

And I think this time we could drive a Jeep too, not just in the cutscenes (read this ND, we like driving parts) just a little bit (10/20 minuts would be Okay). About the treasure for the baby's insurance, I think it would be. Like in the Drake's fortune's end, Drake and Sully gets rich with the treasures, maybe this time too. And would be cool If they show Nate's house in this one too.

Message 9 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 18, 2012

ND read! I agree with all the ideas above. Good ideas Clyde! (Sorry, can't be bothered to write your full name). Here's my last add on to this forum. Just hit me:

When Elena and Nate have just escaped 'Jim' and they are at the river they cold say:

Elena: We're gonna need some sort of water transport...

Nate: Jetski?

(laughs)

Elena: So long as I get to drive it.

Nate: Why you? We didn't die last time I drove.

Elena: Nate, I think we have firmly established you is the better driver in this marriage.

Nate: Me.

Elena: Ahem, Train, I drove you to that, In the jungle after I rescued you from Eddie, the Cargo Plane-

Nate: What about that time?-

Elena: Into Yemen, that time you thought you could piss that guy off in the supermarket-

Nate: Okay, fine!

(Elena hits him on the shoulder playfully)

Elena: We can argue about it later.

Nate: Deja vu...

Message 10 of 110 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes