Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

See, the KAL-7's blindfire ability is overpowered because...

Nov 27, 2011

See, the KAL-7's blindfire ability is overpowered because it was so much more powerful than every other play style. As has been said before, once a KALer gets close enough to you, there is no defense. That is a tell-tale sign that something is overpowered: there is no way to effectively counter it. 

With the recoil, the gun itself may be technically balanced, but the KAL-7 blindfire play style is way more powerful than anything else in the game, which is why it should be adjusted. No one play style/gun should be noticeably more powerful than any other option, save for power weapons. 

Message 71 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Its hard to stay away , mainly because of the maps struct...

Nov 27, 2011

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Pedro_Ad wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Hint: Counter to Blindfire -- DON"T LET THEM GET CLOSE TO YOU!

Anyone care to reveal that the Kal-7 is HORRIBLE as a Long Gun at Long Range...SO...

It IS Balanced.

Just don't let the Kal-7 user get close to you.

Simple as that.  Period.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing against you but anyone who say the kal is balanced is lying. Dude, you can get GREAT scores like 15-1 15-3 
without pressing L1 even once . Thats just ridiculous. And you said that the kal is terrible at long range , true , but only when you aiming down the sights,  which nobody does , haha . You just got to sprint in zig zag , then get close and press R1+ square, you will get the kill.   BS, period.

The Kal without Blindfire Accuracy, or Rate of Fire is not as good as with them.

IMVHO, if the Rate of Fire is increased, then one SHOULD be able to Kill faster at close range.

Counters to that remain a nade -- Especially if you see a Kal user coming for you.

If they sneak up on you, you should be dead anyhow.

I don't see what the big deal is.  Why should a non-aimer suffer, if YOU choose to be close to them.  Stay away if it bothers you.  There are long range weapons for that.

Its hard to stay away , mainly because of the maps structure, maps like london underground and desert village involve too much close-quarters,  oh and also ppl spawn close to you. The only way to stay away is to camp, which is boring , but i dont like getting killed by kal users either! As for nades, 60% of the times they dont work, because of the unresponsive controls.

Message 72 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

haha sry i just get angry with kal users, nothing against...

Nov 27, 2011

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Pedro_Ad wrote:
You have SA as most used booster and moss as most used gun in u2( in your DarkDune account). No wonder why you think the kal is "balanced" and "adds variety"

So much rage.

Let's Play!

haha sry i just get angry with kal users, nothing against you personally

Message 73 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

You can trace almost all problems in this game back to spr...

Nov 27, 2011

You can trace almost all problems in this game back to sprint. It is almost like playing the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Message 74 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Yea theres also that. If they change it to the way it was...

Nov 27, 2011

AnArmyOfOne wrote:

You can trace amost all problems in this game back to sprint. It is almost like playing the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Yea theres also that. If they change it to the way it was in june/july beta, blindfiring would be a lot less annoying than its now.

EDIT: oh and theres also stopping power... in u2 blindfiring wasnt a problem because when you shot ppl they would move slower, and you could escape... now its almost impossible. NAUGHTY DOG, LISTEN, INCREASE STOPPING POWER BY 20-30%, FIX THE NADE THROWING, MAKE CHANGES TO SPRINT, AND REMOVE THE KAL7( OR AT LEAST NERF IT). GAME WOULD BE PERFECT!

Message 75 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Exactly my point. Im camping hard right now LOL

Nov 27, 2011

melew25 wrote:

"Keep our distance."

You dot realize how much easier it is to say that than to actually do it. See, because it's so easy to flank in this game, there is almost no way to stay away from close-quarters 100% of the time. It shouldn't be a decision between camping or dying from blindfire. Because really, that's what it is right now: black and white. Of you don't want to get repeatedly blindfired, you HAVE to camp. Anyone who says that blindfire is a big chunk of their deaths are lying to themselves. 

Exactly my point. Im camping hard right now LOL 

Message 76 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

"Keep your distance."   You do not realize how much...

Nov 27, 2011

"Keep your distance."

You do not realize how much easier it is to say that than to actually do it. See, because it's so easy to flank in this game, there is almost no way to stay away from close-quarters 100% of the time. It shouldn't be a decision between camping or dying from blindfire. Because really, that's what it is right now: black and white. Of you don't want to get repeatedly blindfired, you HAVE to camp. Anyone who says that blindfire is a big chunk of their deaths are lying to themselves. 

Message 77 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Apparently, people who loved shotguns/pistoles in UC2 MP,...

Nov 27, 2011

Apparently, people who loved shotguns/pistoles in UC2 MP, also love the KAL-7 in UC3 MP... why am I not surprised?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 78 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

when it first came out it didnt seem to be much of a prob...

Nov 27, 2011

when it first came out it didnt seem to be much of a problem and i paid no mind to it. now its just getting rediculous, because at least 2 to 3 people in every game selection is using this gun and doing nothing but running and gunning the whole time. even in cover you cannot escape the rain of blindfire from the kal-7. 

ive adapted to it pretty much and stay away, but i dont like to camp the whole game, or use power weapons alot either. 50/50 i switch up between blindfire and aiming and thats how ive always done it even in uc2. which is more enjoyable at this point because its a challenge to get your kills and actually had a style of playing that made it more effective when it came to getting your kills.
the kal-7 is to overpowered to be used as a regular gun, it would have been better as a kickback that got about 13 medals and called the "blindfire expert" which would make the game more enjoyable for alot of players new and old. 
with the range and power of it as it is i see more and more people complaining about it, and even leaving the game play because of it, since its basically a free kill since theres nothing nobody can do to stop it when they get close, so you either give them a kill as well by throwing a grenade at your feet, or your revenge gets them after they already get the kill. it is also a bad vibe gun for more new players like the SA in uc2. this is more backfired than that booster because with the kal-7 with the sprint they can be next to you in seconds and kill you, while with the SA saw through walls but they had to plan out an attack to either sit and wait for you to come around to them, or they could go around to you and get you. 

it seems to me naughtydog has been slacking and trying to please their new players and forgetting about their older players who have been around from the first and second game. i see more and more of my friends from uc2 picking up their COD games and assassins creed and playing online rather than coming on uc3 not only because of the bugs and issues, but also from this blindfire gun that really ruins the game. 

why are my stats always f'd up?
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Lady_DubhBlossom
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Queen_Aoibheal
Message 79 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

WOW!

Nov 27, 2011
Message 80 of 87 (9 Views)
0 Likes