Nov 18 2012
By: IzunaShisui Sackboy 378 posts

ND's logic...

15 replies 429 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

6B1DAA05-P7701001.jpg

If he said this before the patch which ruined matchmaking completely, I would have actually believed him,

as I always found fellow dutch players, lots of germans, french and players from the uk.

But now he is just laughing in our faces, with this level based bs, everything was fine with matchmaking till patch 1.15.

Guess where the players come from I find now.... Japan, China, countries more than 9000 kilometres away from my home location. So dear Eric, how does this so called ping based matchmaking work?

Does it start with looking for players with 500 ping or higher?

Obviously this isn't the case, let's assume uncharted 3  has around 60000 daily players every week,

and because this level based matchmaking exists now, I can find 5000 of those players in matchmaking, as I'm legacy 5, level 75 since around 2 weeks after patch 1.13.

You completely ignore all of the players I used to find, and put me with 1/12th of the playerpool, 5000 players actually doesn't sound that bad, but of course you need to keep in mind that those players are divided over all the playlists.

Conclusion: IT COMPLETELY SUCKS. I used to deal with hardcore players from time to time before patch 1.15, but

now I have to deal with them every single match, and I don't know if you missed it, but most of those players come from

brazil, mexico, japan and some other countries removed  thousand of kilometres from my location.

*And this doesn't only apply to competitive, it applies to frickin CO-OP too.

Did those noobs complain about being matched with higher leveled players too?

It wouldn't surprise me if someone who works for naughty dog brings his noob complains to the idea board, and gets his wishes in the game. ( This being sarcasm as naughty dog doesn't play their own game)

What influenced the amount of players coming from these named countries, you tell me... I guess they just buy 2 games in 4 years, uncharted 2 and uncharted 3. ..

I hope you open your eyes and actually play your game from time to time, as this is the biggest joke in history.

What kind of developer changes the way matchmaking works 1 YEAR after it's release?

And that's not everything, there was this litttle statement Eric-ND made a few weeks ago and it goes like this:

BLINDFIRE IS NOT A WIDESPREAD PROBLEM. (this means the noobs don't complain about it, what a surprise...)

Well, f you naughtydog.

And I guess the real problems will never get fixed as Sony soon will decide that Naughty Dog just needs to drop support on uncharted 3.

Sony, with their logic: ''Oh psn was down for 3 months, so if naughty dog doesn't support  uc2 anymore no one will notice. '' deserves a f u too.

I can recall a statement made by naughty dog from those days: "We have a big surprise for the uncharted 2 players coming soon'' WELL, NAUGHTY DOG, IF THIS WAS YOUR SURPRISE, NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS PIECE OF ''insert profanity here''. YOU CAN KEEP IT.

Thank you. Bye Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 16 (429 Views)
Survivor
2224 posts

Re: ND's logic...

Nov 18, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-...

He can't be serious. Well actually considering the state of this game he probably is and I don't know if this just proves their incompetence or just makes this whole game laughable.

Message 2 of 16 (407 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Nov 18, 2012
We have ping-based matchmaking?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 3 of 16 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Nov 18, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

tumblr_m0fs00RVpO1rodobdo6_250.gif

Message 4 of 16 (397 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Nov 18, 2012
But Eric just said... What kind of blak ops bull is this?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 5 of 16 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
But Eric just said... What kind of blak ops bull is this?

In case you didn't see the link I posted in the first reply to this post, here you go:

Right

That was posted October 25th, and unless they added a live update or patch I doubt they changed the system of matchmaking that currently sucks.

Message 6 of 16 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 18, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Yes, in a parallel universe.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 16 (350 Views)
Fender Bender
2225 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Eric seems like a really nice guy, he's always very friendly and was awesome enough to actually reply to my Wetsuit Elena bomb on Twitter, (even if I didn't get a real answer), but he never seems to know what he is talking about.

Eric, if you're reading this, if you aren't 100% sure on an answer can you please contact another dev before replying. All of us can assure you, match making is NOT ping based, unless there's under 8,000 players.

I can send you my cinema matches from today to prove that we don't have ping match making, and to also show you how bad the blindfire problem has become again.
Pepsi
Message 8 of 16 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2617 posts

Nov 18, 2012

That's the problem when you hire "community strategists" who don't even play the game they're talking about.

TOO METAL

2metal4me
Message 9 of 16 (286 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Nov 18, 2012

The second you realise the naughty dog that made  crash and the masterminds behind jak and daxter are no longer there and the core team that worked on jak and daxter  stoped working on uncharted after 2 * hmmm..*  when they moved on to the last of us...  

Message 10 of 16 (183 Views)
0 Likes