Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Re: ND please put Endurance in booster slot 2

Aug 21, 2012

brandon207_ wrote:

Endurance is underused and underpowered for a slot 1 booster it doesn't help you in 1to1 battles the only thing it lets you do is traverse the map quicker ( the same as monkey man really but running ) and if you really want i'll make a poll for this?

It's not underpowered, and your primary reason is it doesn't help you in 1v1 battles? There's two things I'd like to point out about that:

1. Cloaked does not help in 1v1 battles but is considered by many to be the best slot 1.
  2. Endurance does help you in 1v1 battles because you can succesfully chase down an enemy trying to escape or evade death yourself by outrunning them.

Please by all means make a poll, but as I've pointed out reasons why it isn't underpowered. I'd recommend you go play some TDM, TO, and Plunder with Endurance gold before posting on this issue anymore though so you can see that it's actually very useful.

Also an additionaly point I forgot before: Endurance effectively means you will win the starting run to power weapons at the beginning of matches, and in Elimination it then becomes an extremely powerful booster because you can reach the power weapon on that map first every single round. Endurance is to Elimination as Beast Mode is to Plunder.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 81 of 89 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Aug 21, 2012

I will make a poll and once again I'm not disagreeing with you its just my opinion and thats your opinion, which is fine if its not moved thats fine but i think then it should receive a buff

Message 82 of 89 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Aug 21, 2012

updated the op

Message 83 of 89 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2683 posts

Aug 21, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

They sould switch Endurance with Revenge If they don't remove Revenge....at least people would use it with Team Safe....would be better than how it is now..

But what does that have to do with Endurance? Why Endurance? :smileyindifferent:

Leave Endurance alone. It's good. It works. Clearly some people just want it switched into slot 2 so they can use it without sacrificing the other slot 1 they want to use, which means that it's actually a better booster than they are giving it credit for because this means they actually want to use it.

skin: i thought you were for moving it to slot 2 sometime ago??

anyways it can stay in slot 1 but i needs a buff, (along with a nerf/change to sprint in general)

That's what I said.

Make sprinting the way it was in the beta, while endurance gets buffed with increased mobility when sprinting.

yes!!!!

first off sprint recovery time is already super fast so the boost from endurance does offer much i.e. it makes little difference.

then level 2 only increases sprint duration by 0.5 secs (am i wright in saying that ???) - thats what it feels like anyway.

the long sprint time duration (6.0 or 6.5 secs) during the beta wasnt a big problem. i find the quick recovery time to be much more of a problem - it encourages the over-use of it and it makes rushing the enemy much more viable.

imo default sprint duration should be either 5.0 or 5.5 secs with a longer recovery time the more you use it. the turning speed while sprinting should also be reduced by at least 30% (or near to the beta levels), maybe the camera should also zoom in slightly (not as necessary but could be good)

then, endurance gold could increase sprint duration by 1.5 - 2 secs, with the quicker recovery time and also give you the ability to turn slightly faster - say 10-15%

Message 84 of 89 (109 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Yes Brandon! A very good point! I can just imagine how the Oh Snap Technique could really benefit from this and Oh Snaping would become a more... well.. Skillful thing to do... Naughty dog has messed it up enough to learn and figure out how to do it and when one knows how to do it, it helps considerable but being able to travel faster would maybe decrease the effects of lag ( By that I mean following a guy for 2 minutes around the trying to snap his neck, him figuring it out because he has some sort of illness which makes him move strangley and blindfire lag punch you to death... hmm I'll open a post about that Subject in a minute..) The game really comes down to.. let's say 5 main points that are a necessesity for being a good player...

1. Speed (Obvious don't need to explain... Putting this booster at Slot Number 2 would improve skillful gameplay)

2. "Information" (Knowing where the enemy is and what they are going to do.. How will they move and how will they react)

3. Reaction Time (Obvious)

4. Experience

5. Common sense.

Message 85 of 89 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Aug 21, 2012

DorianFTW wrote:

Yes Brandon! A very good point! I can just imagine how the Oh Snap Technique could really benefit from this and Oh Snaping would become a more... well.. Skillful thing to do... Naughty dog has messed it up enough to learn and figure out how to do it and when one knows how to do it, it helps considerable but being able to travel faster would maybe decrease the effects of lag ( By that I mean following a guy for 2 minutes around the trying to snap his neck, him figuring it out because he has some sort of illness which makes him move strangley and blindfire lag punch you to death... hmm I'll open a post about that Subject in a minute..) The game really comes down to.. let's say 5 main points that are a necessesity for being a good player...

1. Speed (Obvious don't need to explain... Putting this booster at Slot Number 2 would improve skillful gameplay)

2. "Information" (Knowing where the enemy is and what they are going to do.. How will they move and how will they react)

3. Reaction Time (Obvious)

4. Experience

5. Common sense.

If the first point of your five main points of being a good player is Speed then I think you yourself just explained why Endurance should remain a slot 1 booster :smileywink:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 86 of 89 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2344 posts

Aug 21, 2012
Endurance is good but it feels like its supposed to go with cloaked which is impossible when its at spot 1. Move it to spot 2 already indeed :smileywink:
Yes im still alive
Message 87 of 89 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Aug 21, 2012

thanks kudo for support :smileyvery-happy:

Message 88 of 89 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts