Fender Bender
2440 posts

Re: ND needs to hire a new community manager

Feb 5, 2013

signed in just to kudo.

to anyone who buys the last of us (and I very well may also), THIS is the kind of behavior we have to look forward to. Not a good feeling.

ND are hype masters. Theyve got that part down. They just forgot how to give a **bleep** about the loyal fans.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 11 of 32 (328 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Not to mention Dead Space 3 came out today. Hundreds of people are going to be playing that this month instead of UC3.

Then they will delay the news again on March 12th when everyone stops playing this to to play God of War: Ascension

Then they will delay it again on May 7th when The Last of Us comes out and everyone moves on to that.

Then they will finally make the big new when 0 people are playing this.
Message 12 of 32 (324 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Feb 5, 2013

lol 

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

.They just forgot how to give a **bleep** about the loyal fans.

Soon™

Message 13 of 32 (322 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Cyris wrote:
Not to mention Dead Space 3 came out today. Hundreds of people are going to be playing that this month instead of UC3.

Then they will delay the news again on March 12th when everyone stops playing this to to play God of War: Ascension

Then they will delay it again on May 7th when The Last of Us comes out and everyone moves on to that.

You need too calm down sir.

Message 14 of 32 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Feb 5, 2013
There was no anger in that post. Of anything, that was wishful thinking.
Message 15 of 32 (307 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Cyris wrote:

I actually got Dead Space 3 today along with Sly 4, I came back to UC3 last week though for the new lab. Aside from that the game's pretty much dead to me. Was looking forward to the news too, shame...

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 16 of 32 (305 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I don't defend ND often, I'm usually quite critical of things they do.

However... Maybe the problem isn't Eric, maybe it goes higher up in ND which still means that person needs to change tact.

It may also be higher than ND since Sony have the final say over what info they can give.

May not be ND's fault on this one.

I'll end it with saying, something does need to change and I echo that sentiment that the relations we have are not good enough. SlantSix have better relations than this and they are shocking.

Message 17 of 32 (302 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Cyris wrote:
I'm sorry but it sickens me knowing Eric gets a paycheck just to say "Soon" once every month or so.

Throw us a frickin bone. We have been loyal to ND for YEARS, put up with so much crap, and we still can't get any real responses from them.

Stop saying "oh we have a big announcement coming soon". Just tell us what it is. We are not 7. Stop treating us like we are kids waiting for Santa to bring us presents. There is no magic in making us wait, we are not excited to see what it is, we will only be excited when you tell us and its something worth being excited about.

Seriously. Take some frickin pride in your community. You should be speaking with us constantly. All it takes is a few minutes each day to stop by and let us know what's going on. You have this wonderful chance to treat us like family, but you treat us like peasants instead.

Your Q&As are a joke, you promise us answers and give us nothing but vague hints about future info that never happens.

What do we have to do to make you guys care about us? We gave you all our money, we give you all our feedback, we spend all of our time playing your game.

ACT. LIKE. YOU. CARE.

I know there are people on ND who are amazing at what they do, but I don't get why they can't share their amazingness with us. Are they locked up in kinnels?

Ugh. Sorry, it just sucks being such a huge fan of something and not being appreciated for it, and seeing other devs keep on touch with their fans constantly, even ones that dont have community managers.

PS Eric, "Soon" isn't funny. It's insulting to us.

YES!!!!, i was beginning to think i was alone.

we have to act and do something though, just giving kudos and then falling back in line and being good  - might as well not kudo at all.

dont participate in the Q&A anymore - then the communitys threads might get a look at.

i dont find Eric to be very nice in his manner and i dont think that can be changed ??, replacement could be better ??

Message 18 of 32 (294 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Cyris wrote:
There was no anger in that post. Of anything, that was wishful thinking.

What makes you think Patch 1.16 and "Big News" will do anything for this Game?  

The reason why I believe people thought the Beta was better...   because the bigger player pool. 

Plus Uncharted 3 had broken mechanics from the start.  I don't think 16 patches can fix everything.

It's kinda like what Tap said,  If this game's Multiplayer was Free2Play I believe more people on PSN are willing to try it out...   

Then more Support and Better DLC would be offered instead of Microtransactions.

Then again ND Choose this as their way to distribute it.  Of Course no one likes it... 

Message 19 of 32 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2308 posts

Feb 5, 2013

If you want a company to make a great single player game, hands down ND is the one to choose. Also, TLOU looks like a potential GOTY and it keeps looking better and better.

But they honestly cannot give community feedback for cra.p. I know this is harsh but Cyris is right we need a new community manager. I would also go as far as saying that ND needs a new ND MP team leader (after seeing that disgusting video of cog promoting blindfiring I almost CRIED. They even tried justifying their action by giving it a NAME!! OMG). 

I guarantee that they're people that are willingly going to work 100000% better than Eric if given the opportunity. Oh for you ND a/ss kissers Im not "complaining" for nothing and my outcry is justified! Just look at their track record with U3 for goddsake!

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 20 of 32 (270 Views)