I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Re: ND needs to hire a new community manager

Feb 5, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I don't defend ND often, I'm usually quite critical of things they do.

However... Maybe the problem isn't Eric, maybe it goes higher up in ND which still means that person needs to change tact.

It may also be higher than ND since Sony have the final say over what info they can give.

May not be ND's fault on this one.

I'll end it with saying, something does need to change and I echo that sentiment that the relations we have are not good enough. SlantSix have better relations than this and they are shocking.

It's Probably how business is run on both ends...   Not many on this Forum like the Way ND Distributed their game...   

Message 21 of 32 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Cyris wrote:
I'm sorry but it sickens me knowing Eric gets a paycheck just to say "Soon" once every month or so.

Throw us a frickin bone. We have been loyal to ND for YEARS, put up with so much crap, and we still can't get any real responses from them.

Stop saying "oh we have a big announcement coming soon". Just tell us what it is. We are not 7. Stop treating us like we are kids waiting for Santa to bring us presents. There is no magic in making us wait, we are not excited to see what it is, we will only be excited when you tell us and its something worth being excited about.

Seriously. Take some frickin pride in your community. You should be speaking with us constantly. All it takes is a few minutes each day to stop by and let us know what's going on. You have this wonderful chance to treat us like family, but you treat us like peasants instead.

Your Q&As are a joke, you promise us answers and give us nothing but vague hints about future info that never happens.

What do we have to do to make you guys care about us? We gave you all our money, we give you all our feedback, we spend all of our time playing your game.

ACT. LIKE. YOU. CARE.

I know there are people on ND who are amazing at what they do, but I don't get why they can't share their amazingness with us. Are they locked up in kinnels?

Ugh. Sorry, it just sucks being such a huge fan of something and not being appreciated for it, and seeing other devs keep on touch with their fans constantly, even ones that dont have community managers.

PS Eric, "Soon" isn't funny. It's insulting to us.

Everything we put into patch 1.17 - yes 1.17 - has been done with the thought of making the game as enjoyable as possible for newcomers and long time players alike. We have some big changes coming and we've been teasing it for so long because it's been delayed a few times due to technical issues cropping up during the testing process. Thank you for the support and understanding. It's not easy to wait for something fresh but we hope it'll be worth the wait for you. 

Message 22 of 32 (484 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 6, 2013
how much will it cost ??

will you bring back all the summer beta mechanics and gameplay stuff and everything in all their glory ??
Message 23 of 32 (466 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

Feb 6, 2013
I don't care if the release of the patch gets delayed, I understand that. I'm not asking you to release something that's not ready

But you CANNOT continually tease us and just ask us to keep waiting when we don't even know what it is.

If ND never showed previews for The Last of Us because it wasn't ready to be released, the game would have 0 hype.

It's all about wetting our appetites with something we will "Soon" HAVE... Not "Soon" KNOW
Message 24 of 32 (455 Views)
Survivor
2892 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Thanks for the input Eric-ND.  You know I am a huge ND fan, and appreciate all your hard work and that of your testing team.  Send them all some Guinness from me!

I for one am only interested in hearing what it is once it is confirmed through testing what can be done.  Testing is an exhaustive process...far more exhausting that what we all go through waiting for the news.  Just play Uncharted as-is until the news breaks, then get back into the addiction!

2544133150[1].png

Message 25 of 32 (434 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Feb 6, 2013

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Thanks for the input Eric-ND.  You know I am a huge ND fan, and appreciate all your hard work and that of your testing team.  Send them all some Guinness from me!

I for one am only interested in hearing what it is once it is confirmed through testing what can be done.  Testing is an exhaustive process...far more exhausting that what we all go through waiting for the news.  Just play Uncharted as-is until the news breaks, then get back into the addiction!

Horray for rational comments.

Message 26 of 32 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2560 posts

Feb 6, 2013

mario507 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

So all the legitimate complaining is irrational? 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 27 of 32 (419 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Cyris wrote:
I'm sorry but it sickens me knowing Eric gets a paycheck just to say "Soon" once every month or so.

Throw us a frickin bone. We have been loyal to ND for YEARS, put up with so much crap, and we still can't get any real responses from them.

Stop saying "oh we have a big announcement coming soon". Just tell us what it is. We are not 7. Stop treating us like we are kids waiting for Santa to bring us presents. There is no magic in making us wait, we are not excited to see what it is, we will only be excited when you tell us and its something worth being excited about.

Seriously. Take some frickin pride in your community. You should be speaking with us constantly. All it takes is a few minutes each day to stop by and let us know what's going on. You have this wonderful chance to treat us like family, but you treat us like peasants instead.

Your Q&As are a joke, you promise us answers and give us nothing but vague hints about future info that never happens.

What do we have to do to make you guys care about us? We gave you all our money, we give you all our feedback, we spend all of our time playing your game.

ACT. LIKE. YOU. CARE.

I know there are people on ND who are amazing at what they do, but I don't get why they can't share their amazingness with us. Are they locked up in kinnels?

Ugh. Sorry, it just sucks being such a huge fan of something and not being appreciated for it, and seeing other devs keep on touch with their fans constantly, even ones that dont have community managers.

PS Eric, "Soon" isn't funny. It's insulting to us.

As long as it isn't anyone from the community/forum. For example, I'd be a bad hire for this job. Maybe tapantola or tack, though...

Message 28 of 32 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

mario507 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

So all the legitimate complaining is irrational? 

When is complaining ever rational? I understand the dissatisfaction with the news at this point in time, and I'm dissapointed also. But going around with all this "legitmate complaining" is just unprofessional and very immature. Do you think that starting multiple threads will make the process go faster? Do you want them to give us the broken patch now so that people can "legitimately complain" more?

Message 29 of 32 (395 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5266 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

As long as it isn't anyone from the community/forum. For example, I'd be a bad hire for this job. Maybe tapantola or tack, though...

NO no no no no, bad idea. Although I'm flattered I wouldn't be good enough for the job.

Message 30 of 32 (366 Views)
0 Likes