Nov 21 2012
By: canadian94eh Survivor 2348 posts

ND is getting desperate

26 replies 611 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

today i got an in-game message noticing that i haven't used a tournament ticket yet this week and then asking me if i wanted to spent a ticket on my next game lol... ND we're not giving into the tournament system, it's not as addictive as you might think, once you start participating in the tournament system, there is never a need to have more of it, it only brings frustration, getting permanent and especially getting temporary rewards are not worth the pain, uncharted is suppose to be a fun relaxing game, not a game to get mad at

here's an idea, make it a point system the higher your tier the more points you get then raise the cap for the number of points needed to 15

-Bronze: 1

-Silver: 2

-Gold: 3 

so getting gold every week will take 5 weeks but it is still possible to get permenant rewards by getting bronze every week, it'll just take longer, this way you'll get more people playing the tournament system and less people getting angered by it

Message 1 of 27 (611 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: ND is getting desperate

Nov 21, 2012

I wouldn't say ND is "desperate". I do agree, however, that the "you forgot to use a ticket this game" message is asinine. I'll use a ticket when I feel like it.

Message 2 of 27 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I don't forget to use them, I simply don't care for them, I could do without the message telling me to use what I don't want to use.

Message 3 of 27 (550 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Nov 21, 2012
The first time I got the ticket reminder my respect for the company dipped.

The don't fix technical issues, they issue purchasable items. They counter an impossibly aggravating treasure rarity system by letting people buy things outright.
They institute a completely lame reward system that losses you tickets every time a game drops or s lobby error occurs, then, they flash icons by peoples names to instill jealousy that YOU aren't their level...
Finally, they start reminding you you haven't played the crap system...
Please, you have $90 of my money, leave me the fu** alone

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 27 (537 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Nov 21, 2012

scootgar wrote:

The don't fix technical issues, they issue purchasable items. They counter an impossibly aggravating treasure rarity system by letting people buy things outright.
They institute a completely lame reward system that losses you tickets every time a game drops or s lobby error occurs, then, they flash icons by peoples names to instill jealousy that YOU aren't their level...

If the game bothers you THAT much, don't play it, man.

Message 5 of 27 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Nov 21, 2012

JD-- wrote:

scootgar wrote:

It's just that many of us have shelled out well over sixty dollars for this game, and ND is still hungry for more.

They don't bother fixing things that actually break the game, and instead add flawed, petty systems that no one asked for and hardly anybody likes. Why do they even call it a "tournament"? There's no competition in their system. It's all based on luck, hoping your game doesn't freeze, or you don't get a black screen, or the matchmaking doesn't pit two incredibly uneven teams against one another.

As much as I love playing Uncharted 3, ND has made some terrible decisions. We're the ones playing it, so we should have a say in what goes in it. ND made the game for us. It's clear they don't play it themselves, because if they did, they'd realize how painful some of their actions have been.

Message 6 of 27 (502 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Nov 21, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

JD-- wrote:

scootgar wrote:

It's just that many of us have shelled out well over sixty dollars for this game, and ND is still hungry for more.

They don't bother fixing things that actually break the game, and instead add flawed, petty systems that no one asked for and hardly anybody likes. Why do they even call it a "tournament"? There's no competition in their system. It's all based on luck, hoping your game doesn't freeze, or you don't get a black screen, or the matchmaking doesn't pit two incredibly uneven teams against one another.

As much as I love playing Uncharted 3, ND has made some terrible decisions. We're the ones playing it, so we should have a say in what goes in it. ND made the game for us. It's clear they don't play it themselves, because if they did, they'd realize how painful some of their actions have been.

Ok, look, I get the whole adding stuff we don't want and never adding the stuff we do. I strongly advocate co-op on a daily basis and never get anything. You (competitive players) get constant patches and Mesh Maps, stat hats, Lab Game modes, and even got Classic Mode. What did Co-Op get? Nothing. Hell, we can't even play on ALL of the maps we payed for in our modes, you guys can.

Yeah, screw the Tournament system, it was cool in the beginning, but it's luck-based now, so it's not worth it. What about a Tournament system for co-op? Nope, Competitive only got one, big surprise there. Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 27 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Nov 21, 2012

canadian94eh wrote:

today i got an in-game message noticing that i haven't used a tournament ticket yet this week and then asking me if i wanted to spent a ticket on my next game lol... ND we're not giving into the tournament system, it's not as addictive as you might think, once you start participating in the tournament system, there is never a need to have more of it, it only brings frustration, getting permanent and especially getting temporary rewards are not worth the pain, uncharted is suppose to be a fun relaxing game, not a game to get mad at

here's an idea, make it a point system the higher your tier the more points you get then raise the cap for the number of points needed to 15

so getting gold every week will take 5 weeks but it is still possible to get permenant rewards by getting bronze every week, it'll just take longer, this way you'll get more people playing the tournament system and less people getting angered by it

Lol. All multiplayer games, you get mad at them at some point. You can't really relax during multiplayer.

Message 8 of 27 (471 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Only? jk. I spend 150€ on the Explorer edition + FHC + ~ 3€ for the extra dlc  (still waiting for bundles or 50% off for annivesary/ christmas whatever) That message does get a bit to far. I even get it when I spend a ticket I found as a treasure drop. Not cool.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 9 of 27 (454 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Nov 21, 2012

BurstLimitKL wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Lol. All multiplayer games, you get mad at them at some point. You can't really relax during multiplayer.

Yeah, just look at Brokengamezhd. He did got the game "accidentally " again with the PS3 slimslim UC3 Goty edition bundle. lol

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 10 of 27 (443 Views)
0 Likes