Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Re: ND congrats on screwing your fanbase to earn some extra $$$

Mar 9, 2012

I really think this whole thread stinks of immaturity. I'm even shocked Eric-ND is giving the people of this thread attention, when he could be working on the game instead (I mean, that is his job, right? He's not... PR or community manager like Arne is). Speaking of Arne, why isn't he doing all this communicating? Meh, he's probably elsewhere and that's beside the point anyway.

Overreactions are point blank, bad. They bring out the worst in people and is the sole reason I chose not to post in this thread until now. You're no longer rational when you're overreacting to something. Yes, the way ND worded things could seem like they were trying to "trick" you, yes it's okay to be mad and angry but responding to Eric-ND with such vulgar language (even if it's censored) or capitalized words to emphasize you are mad, doesn't do anything to help anyone avoid the issue in the future.

It makes the community look bad, presenting us in a bad light. Showing Naughty Dog that we can't control ourselves enough to be the least bit civil towards the company that is editing/controlling/making/whatever the game and just drives them away from wanting to communicate with us. Is it any surprise, now that you've seen this thread, why ND hasn't been communicative for a whole year until recently? Quite frankly, if there weren't people like Squid and Fakehound and other people who are pushing really, really good ideas and being communicative and active and continually posting in their threads, without being immature or the thread becoming derailed over something so insiginificant that it causes people to argue, I don't think ND would be communicating as much as they are right now. And is yet again, why I am legitimately surprised Eric-ND is taking time out to give this schlock of a thread attention, what with all the rotten tomatoes being thrown at ND over the wording they've chosen for the FHC or how Co-op got shafted. And it's not even just this thread, the whole sect of people who feel the need to repeatedly blow up at ND over everything are included in this as well.

The point is, this thread is a prime example (at least early on, last I read before this page it was a mess) of why ND may choose to start not communicating again. Do you guys really want to drive the company away? Give them respect with your posts just as they give you respect. It's terrible how Eric-ND has to give you guys respect but yet you don't give not just Eric-ND respect, but the whole company.

Anyway, I didn't want to make a new thread about this sort of thing. It's just remarkable how most people on this forum go from "calm and collected", to "overreactionary and irrational", to "vulgar and angry" and ND is still willing to communicate with ya'll. That says something, to me at least.

Photobucket
Message 201 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 9, 2012

I was civil enough and yet, Eric still didn't respond to my questions. Just saying...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 202 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Not assuming anything, just explaining our process. Our timelines aren't always as lengthy as you assume. It also takes a pretty long time once something is "final"...if anything is really final ever...for it get made publically available. There's a lenghty approval process it needs to go through.

We acknowledge you're currently annoyed with the content for the FHC but the value of the what you get in it can't be denied. The definition of map pack is very fixed by other title's definition of what it is. Thank you for understanding and approaching this in a civil manner.

No one is arguing value.

It is what was included in the FHC that is the point.

You can add in 1 million dolalrs worth of avatars and wallpapers for $3, which would be an amazing "value", but that is not what we paid for.

You said 4 map packs.

We got 2 old U2 map packs, and 1 co-op map pack.

This is not what we were promised and what we paid for.

Message 203 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Mar 9, 2012

You said 4 map packs.

Please say that to yourself again, either rephrase that or stick with it, IT is what you paid for...*facedesk*

Message 204 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Mar 9, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

You said 4 map packs.

Please say that to yourself again, either rephrase that or stick with it, IT is what you paid for...*facedesk*

A co-op mission should not be considered a map pack.

Listen, this is the fact of the matter.

If ND wrote in the FHC description:

If you buy this, you will get....

-8 re-imagined U2 maps

-1 co-op DLC

-2 new maps

Then I dont think there would have been a problem. I meant to write the co-op DLC in quotes.

Who the hell thinks a co-op mission is a map pack?

Message 205 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Gray-Fillabuster wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

You said 4 map packs.

A co-op mission should not be considered a map pack.

Listen, this is the fact of the matter.

If ND wrote in the FHC description:

If you buy this, you will get....

-8 re-imagined U2 maps

-1 co-op DLC

-2 new maps

Then I dont think there would have been a problem. I meant to write the co-op DLC in quotes.

Who the hell thinks a co-op mission is a map pack?

Ok, let's be honest, if the flashback maps were not available in this game people would be begging ND to bring some back, If you believed ND would give you 4 map packs assuming their are 4 different maps in each map pack, How many areas from the campaign of UC3 do you think would have been (or actually fit) in there????

If they did not add co op adventure DLC or a new mode for co op, people would be bugging ND for the lack of gameplay and support for the co-op half of multiplayer and to much attention to pvp

ND has not confirmed their would be 2 maps only, if you believed they would add at least 8 new maps let alone 16, What do you think will be in their hmm? Obviously now theirs a pretty big gap for areas that could be used as MP maps.

Yes...blah blah blah to skins, like people aren't begging for Heist Drake, Flynn and especially don't want the return of Rika Raja and Wetsuit Elena...oh wait!

Message 206 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Before I get accused of 'over-reacting' or 'complaining', 'whinging' or anything else along those lines let me just say that Uncharted 3 is still a great game. It is not in the same class as Uncharted 2 by a long shot, but it is still a great game nonetheless.

The problem is that this game really could have been the mother of all adventure games - the potential, skills, abilities, characters, etc were all there. Instead Uncharted 3 has become one of those ailing sequals that does not live up to expectations and will forever sour the taste in gamers minds.

Every single stage of this 'saga' has been marred by errors, faults, foul ups and broken promises.

I played the summer beta quite extensively. I gave feedback on it. I was promised, in return, a bonus for the full game release as a show of gratitude for playing the beta. I live in Europe and have therefore never seen, smelt or heard anything about this 'reward'.

I paid for FHC expecting to receive 4 map packs. I do not care how anyone dresses up the DLC content at ND, a co-op mission map does not a 'pack' make. It is as simple as that. It is a mission 'on' a map, not 'with' a map and is therefore not multiple content (which one would expect from the definition of the word pack).

To be blunt though, there is absolutely no purpose whatsoever in having further map packs, pre-paid for or otherwise, because the player pool is so restricted that I have managed a grand total of 2 full games (and 2 'joined' games) on the flashback#2 pack release. In effect I have paid for something I can barely use at all.

What is with this? I had all of the DLC for UC2 and there was NEVER a problem finding a game that had a good mix of abilities/levels. Everyone was included in the search, DLC or not, and there was balance and less of a problem finding games on the new maps. In UC3 however, since installing the DLC I rarely see a player who isn't at least 1st legacy and I rarely ever see new maps (even for voting).

Not only is the content not living up to expectations but each release has been marred with errors, delays and misinformation. To the point that the wrong version of a map pack was available from the PSN! This is basic stuff guys, basic stuff, and I can't imagine how such errors make it through quality control.

DLC aside the forums are littered with glitches, bugs, errors and problems that are reported by regular players of Uncharted 3. Fixes and patches are slow to arrive and fail to adequaltely deliver when they do. So much so that the FAL fix required a further patch to fix Fleet Foot that was broken in the process. Agian, basic stuff! Even communication from ND has been poor, tardy and inaccurate.

I shall address this directly to NaughtyDog...

I regret ever pre-ordering Uncharted 3, I should have waited for reviews and critiques here in the forums.

I regret ever pre-paying for DLC content (the FHC deal) as my trust in the delivery of such content has been destroyed.

I regret that I trusted ND to publish a game that would be anywhere near as good as UC2.

These mistakes I shall never make again, the lessons have been learned the hard way.

I had to get this all off my chest and make no apologies for doing so. I am disappointed, disgruntled and feel completely let down.

Message 207 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
74 posts

Mar 9, 2012

It may sound odd, but if they gave us 4 flashback map packs each containing 2 maps it would be better. At least it wouldn't be a lie then. I know hardly anybody would agree with me on this, since we would get far less.

It's not about the value of the FHC, which is indeed good, it is all about this lie. At least to me...

Message 208 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Hey everyone, I've received a few requests to lock this as it seems to be going in circles.

Thanks for understanding

-SP

Message 209 of 209 (20 Views)
0 Likes