Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
892 posts

Re: ND:Why don't you just give ALL maps EQUAL weight????

Aug 29, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Seriously, why do you do the "weighting" thing? Or as many have come to know if, the "we can only ever play 4 or 5 of the same maps for months at a time" thing?

Depending on what mode you're playing, you'll play the same handful of maps time after time after time, even with DLC on and all map packs purchased. 

Why do you think you should be able to dictate people only get to use 1/4 of their purchases at a time on your whim?

Seriously, please pull your finger out and make ALL maps have EQUAL chance of appearing in EVERY mode.Can't be that difficult surely?

Naughty Dog apparently doesn't know what "common sense" means.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 33 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 30, 2012

I've been playing a decent amount of Elimination lately (halfway to that trophy) and I would like to play a game on Airstrip, but apparently that's too much to ask for. :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 33 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
587 posts

Aug 30, 2012
We've explained this a few times. We can't give equal weight to all maps since then people who didn't have one map pack or another would never see any DLC pop up or they'd be forced to buy that map pack in order to participate. We want to give players choice on what DLC map packs they actually want to buy. That's why there are DLC pools. 

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Seriously, why do you do the "weighting" thing? Or as many have come to know if, the "we can only ever play 4 or 5 of the same maps for months at a time" thing?

Depending on what mode you're playing, you'll play the same handful of maps time after time after time, even with DLC on and all map packs purchased. 

Why do you think you should be able to dictate people only get to use 1/4 of their purchases at a time on your whim?

Seriously, please pull your finger out and make ALL maps have EQUAL chance of appearing in EVERY mode.Can't be that difficult surely?

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 33 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:
We've explained this a few times. We can't give equal weight to all maps since then people who didn't have one map pack or another would never see any DLC pop up or they'd be forced to buy that map pack in order to participate. We want to give players choice on what DLC map packs they actually want to buy. That's why there are DLC pools. 

What about the non-DLC pool? For example, why is Yemen so rare in TDM and Airstrip non-existant in Elimination? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 33 (331 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Aug 30, 2012

can you start giving them away for free then? Haha.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 33 (312 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

What about the non-DLC pool? For example, why is Yemen so rare in TDM and Airstrip non-existant in Elimination? 

No response...I guess I'm in his hate journal. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 33 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Aug 30, 2012

is this how it works in all games with DLC maps?

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 33 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Please phone any other dev, you must be friends with some, ask them how they manage to balance all DLC so well, because the ND team obviously got no clue.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 33 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 23, 2012

This deserves a bump since the map weights are **bleep** horrible. 

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 33 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5772 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Wait what!? I bought map pack #1 when it first came out and got the DLC in my choices just fine, then when the other 2 packs came out I didn't buy them for some time, and I never ever ever ever and I mean ever saw lost city, fort, cave, or sanctuary again.

I literally had to buy the other 2 map packs, which I did a week ago, to finally see these maps again. Even then I still rarely see them in the first place, I haven't even seen every map and I've had the packs for a week already. I've only seen village, london streets, and cave since then. The rest of the maps have been straight non-DLC maps.

In other words, I couldn't play any DLC map until I bought all 3 packs, and now that I have all 3 packs, it is still a rare oppurtunity to actually see the maps in voting.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 33 (149 Views)
0 Likes