Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Re: ND: It's now time for technical fixes! [Cookies for support!]

Aug 23, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

[PIC]

Last night... just... mother of god.

Last night might have been one of the worst nights I have ever played Uncharted, period. Between the lag and sniper-camping in the Lab, I was hit with almost all of the major technical issues in the game last night, in just an hour of playing. Guys, this is serious, these technical issues are not screwing around. They are highly detrimental to the game and we need fixes ASAP, and those fixes come with support of Shadow-Man_4's thread.

Okay, let me give my eyewitness account about last night.

For starters, I ran into three instances of the "Removed from the game" glitch, which was supposed to have been fixed in 1.05 (I think). I've rarely run into this glitch since 1.05 came out, but last night alone it was happening as often as it did in the Subway beta. Highly annoying, now that quitting counts as a loss. Either make your buddy wait in the lobby for the entire game or take a loss. Total BS.

Ten times in the past couple of days I have made the host ragequit (mostly in Lab, where your stats don't even count...). Because of that, I have ten fresh new losses which were given to me not because I lost or because I ragequit, but because someone else ragequit via sign-out and that gave me a loss. I'd rather my stats reflect on my ability and I can't really do that when I'm getting unnecessary losses over someone else ragequitting because I was doing well. Stats are still a total joke in this game. Naughty Dog had their chance to make things right with a leaderboard reset or monthly leaderboards and it's apparent that we aren't getting either of those. ND needs to really think long and hard about what they are going to do to make sure the stats are legit in Uncharted 4, because the stats shenanigans are still going on. I'd recommend coming up with a way for host migration to not be cancelled out via PSN sign-out.

I've been party-split multiple times in one day, too. Party-splitting has gotten awful for me since 1.13 came out. It was a bug which I never ran into and nowadays I'm getting put on the other team even if they already have five people for their team, and then I get slaughtered by my friends along with the Revenge noobs the game put me up with. Yeah, yeah, stats don't count in the Lab, but it's still frustrating to not get to play with your friends, which is the whole point of partying up.

It's like you read my mind.

The main incentive to get my lazy **bleep** to creating this [lenghty] thread was because of a night just like yours; nothing short of a messy night of UC3.

All the issues listed in the OP have been experienced by me and a party of 5 the day this was created. It became a glitchy mess that you'd consider it an advanced Beta. The amount of technical fixed needed to get the game to work right is rediculous. There are tons of issues popping up on a daily basis that have been around since release just because no-one complains about stuff other than weapon balance and customization..

Thanks for the support, SouthpawLP and others. This thread wasn't, under any circumstance, created to get any kind of attention, popularity or kudos. I'm seriously not asking for kudos. I only wanted to create this to get ND to fix those issues and make the experience fun for everyone.. yes, everyone!

Please continue to support this thread not only by kudoe-ing and leaving; but also with constant replies as pointless threads have been appearing alot lately and this and many other important threads have been sinking their way to death where nobody would come across them!

Again, thank y'all. I'll keep updating the thread on a daily basis as more issues pop up. Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 169 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Add this to your list:

• Menu doesn't save when you log back on.
  • When your watching Uncharted TV in fullscreen then suddendly the host makes you the host; you can't click anything. 
Message 82 of 169 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Aug 23, 2012

CaressCarcass wrote:

Add this to your list:

• Menu doesn't save when you log back on.
  • When your watching Uncharted TV in fullscreen then suddendly the host makes you the host; you can't click anything. 

Thanks for reminding me, they are VERY important imo and I totally forgot about them, especially the second one.

Message 83 of 169 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

I didn't see the "spawn with the other team glitch".

Message 84 of 169 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Yeah, np. There's also another bug that often causes my PS3 to freeze when the connecting bar is full or when I press X at the message of the day.. but I think it only happens to me :  ( 

Message 85 of 169 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Aug 24, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I didn't see the "spawn with the other team glitch".

[Video]

Thanks for the video, added to the OP. Keep 'em coming, looks like ND isn't aware of this thread till now.

Message 86 of 169 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

If you could add to the list the Idol glitch... When Someone is holding the Idol in Plunder or Co-op arena the Idol dissapears.

Message 87 of 169 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Aug 24, 2012

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

If you could add to the list the Idol glitch... When Someone is holding the Idol in Plunder or Co-op arena the Idol dissapears.

That happens if the host quits. TO also has the hill in KOTH flash when the host leaves and it host migrates.

It all deals with the host quitting and the game host migrating.

Message 88 of 169 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

That happens if the host quits. TO also has the hill in KOTH flash when the host leaves and it host migrates.

It all deals with the host quitting and the game host migrating.

Well, when I was playing coop arena with AliMakaveli and the idol suddenly dissapears... Its not the Host migration. We were 3 persons in the coop arena game and nobody left.

Message 89 of 169 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Aug 25, 2012

*SIGH.....*

How can this Match-making system be so BROKEN? Here is the Story:

Me and a Friend of wanted to play some Three team Deathmatch, so we go into Match-making, right? ok.

after a while we find anothor pair who were partyed up with each other, ok.

Great! , so now we can do a 2 vs 2 while we wait for some other 2 players to join, Right? NOPE ! Smiley Indifferent 

what the game did was, it kept the other pair we found, BUT IT SPLIT ME From my Friend and made us play without a buddy for the start of the match....

(so far the party spliting issue occured)

alright, no problem, its always nice to play against your friends every once in a while, we'll just wait for late joiners and we can have buddies ! Smiley Very Happy , right? Smiley Indifferent

take a look at this video Naughty Dog....

around the start of the match, one of the yellow team Quits leaving only one of them to fight for him self, well you might say its fair now since we don't have buddies and its like a triple threat match now, right? cool.

but around 5:20 , the last person from the yellow team decides to quit the match.

WAIT! , so Now the match is just a 1 vs 1 between me and my Friend. HOW AWESOME!..... NOT! 

I've never seen the match-making system being this much broken Before in my whole entire Uncharted 3 career.

Is this the type Match-making system you designed Naughty Dog? it turns a Three Team Deathmatch into a 1 vs 1 Battle? 

NOT ONLY we get Split before the start of the match, but the system Fails TWICE and nobody joins the match....

this was All due to your Amazingly and Brilleintly well designed Match-making system. GOOD JOB Naughty! , you never Fail to disapoint. *CLAPS* 

PS: my friend actually had some hard feelings towards me after the match because he got his butt kicked pretty bad, but we're cool since I know in real life, so no worries. 

and also Shadow, Feel free to use this post for refrence in the OP if you like, I won't mind. Smiley Happy

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 90 of 169 (175 Views)
0 Likes