Aug 18 2012
By: Shadow-Man_4 Treasure Hunter 4912 posts

ND: It's now time for technical fixes! [100 kudoes!]

[ Edited ]
168 replies 2488 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

Before reading this long post, please keep in mind I'm not trying to bash Naughty Dog or try and attack them with harsh words. I'm trying to adress this in a constructive, mature way.

So, with that in mind, I was playing with a party of 5 a few minutes ago and we noticed lots of bugs with the current Matchmaking system. Some of these issues have been around since the retail release, and some were introduced with 1.13. Ok, here we go:

• Party Splitting:

This issue has been happening for a long while now, and it was "supposed" to be fixed in one of the previous patches. Well, I can say the frequency at which this happens decreased, but it is still happening since the retail release. It is serious and needs fixing.

And.. this brings me to my next point.

• The "Custom Game" matchmaking glitch: [New in 1.13]

There have been a popular fix to this party splitting issue. The fix was to enter Custom Game, switch the whole party to "red" colour (as in, red team) and press start to get into the "game starting in.." screen, then back out. This used to fix party splitting in matchmaking, but doing this trick bring a whole new bug to the game.

If you try to do this then find players in matchmaking, when you're the party leader and the game has started after the ring is loaded, you'll notice that all your party was removed from the game and the match starts you as a lone wolf while the whole party is back in the lobby greeted with a "removed from game" message. This has been happening alot lately.

• Spinning Ring of Death:

This is also a popular problem with the game. It randomly happens, and the reason is not known among the community. When this issue happens, the ring that is spinning keeps spinning forever. It just gets stuck.

• Team balancing:

Alot of times when I play as a lone wolf, I get matched with a mix of new players and Legacy4/5 players. What happens is, the matchmaking pairs based on the numbers (i.e. levels) not Legacies.

So, if someone is level 51 Legacy 0, and another player is Legacy 2 level 20, matchmaking "understands" that level 51 is higher and so places him/her in a team with lower levels because he is a high level player. The logic of the system in terms of balancing team should be revised.

• Party members splitting into opposite team:

Now this one is really annoying. Say I'm playing 3TDM and am with another friend. We find players and only two show up. One is placed on the red team and one in the yellow.

What happens now is, the matchmaking splits me from my buddy and puts us into opposing teams just because there aren't enough players to fill those spaces on the opposite teams. lolwut?

I play with a party for a reason: to play with friends, not against them. If I want to play against them we'd setup a Custom Game. This should really be fixed, and asap. There is Late Join, why should we get split? The teams will be filled mid-game anyway with Late Joiners.

• Invite system - infinite invites appearing glitch:

I know this isn't directly related to matchmaking, but I'd like to point it out.

Sometimes, I get multiple invites and I just visit the tab to get rid of the star icon. So far so good. Sometimes though, the last invite I recieved keeps appearing. It just keeps saying " X invited you" and everytime I go to the tab of invites it just re-appears again and again and again; until I just ignore it. If I do, the star will still be there, but the notification will disappear. If I revisit the tab, the notification will appear again until I move away off the tab.

This usually gets back to normal when I get another invite from another person. But it's really annoying.

• Host-switching while finding game: [New in 1.13]

Something very weird happened while playing with a party of 5 today. While we were finding a match, it took too long, so we decided to switch hosts.

When the party leader switched, we were still in matchmaking! It was still "finding players" but the party leader changed.. look into this, ND.

• Removed from game glitch: [Thanks to Rapha333]

Randomly while playing, sometimes I get removed from the match and be greeted with this message. Happens alot in the Airstrip and London Underground sequences and on many other occasions and maps. This is so annoying especially with the introduction of the tournament system.

• Found players.. vanish: [Thanks renatabls]

Sometimes, when we've found players the players found would just vanish after/during the voting process; and we're back to "finding players".

• Losing control of a character for a few seconds: [Thanks Toxic156]

I can't believe this issue is still present as of this day and ND haven't patched it in.. yet. What happens is, during a match the character will keep doing the last thing you did before losing control, and will keep doing that for a few seconds until you get to control him again.

If you were shooting at someone and this happens, the character will keep shooting at him but you won't be able to control him with the controller for a few seconds.

Or this may happen:

• No respawn glitch: [Thanks again, Toxic156]

This bug happened to me alot randomly in matches, and from what I understand, it's due to a very laggy host or the host leaving the match. That's not for sure but that's what I noticed.

When it happens, you can't view the "Press X to respawn" screen, or you may see it but pressing those buttons wouldn't work.

• Death upon respawn glitch (always due to grenades): [Thanks TheExtracter]

Upon respawn, I sometimes tend to die due to a grenade explosion right in my face out of nowhere. it's been happening for a while and becomes so annoying!

• Split-screen customization glitch: [Thanks RevisIsland, as it's taken from his thread]

When I play splitscreen and my brother uses a custom character that I'm not using, it sometimes resets his character to the default custom hero/villain.

This is still true even when he uses another PSN account. Another similar problem is that when one person uses an accessory that the other doesn't, the accessory often won't load, which would be very annoying with the new Hats.

• Monastery Drake Co-op glitch

Picture says it all:

original.jpg

• Spawning with the opponents:

• Options donot save:

I remember this should've been fixed with Patch 1.02 a long while ago. Well, it wasn't. It's still there and everytime I log-off the MP, my settings would not save the next time I log back on.

• Menu stuck if the party leader switches to me while watching UCTV: [Thanks CaressCarcass]

Whenever I'm watching Uncharted TV in fullscreen then suddenly the party leader makes me the leader; I can't click anything. The menu would be stuck at that message and I have to sign-off PSN and log back on to connect again to the MP for everything to be back to normal.

• The No-Money glitch:

Well, this one is obviously popular. In some matches while in a party, only the leader recieves money/stats in the match, while all other players donot recieve any of the following: Cash, booster upgrades, medals donot count, etc. It's basically like you're playing Custom Matches.

• Smoke Bomb is.. messed up:

The way Smoke Bomb kickback works is just rediculous. It looks like it's luck-based instead of teleporting you to the safest area possible amongst other teammates. It is just completely broken. Yes, completely.

Have a look for yourself:

• Glitched cinema with TAU sniper: [Thanks renatabls]

When using a Tau Sniper, your character disappears if you go to Cinema Mode to see the match again.

• Conclusion:

Well, that's it for now. I will keep updating the thread with technical issues as I notice them. I just thought of creating this because of the awful number of issues appearing when playing with my friends today.

It's a shame we're just raising attention of clothing and customization without anyone creating a thread about these issues. We want to have a smooth game, and customization won't give us that!

Thanks for reading, and I can't wait to hear your comments about this. Fire away!

P.S. ND, if you came across this thread, please respond and tell us what can/can't be fixed. Cheers.

Message 1 of 169 (2,488 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Re: ND: It's now time for technical fixes! *long post*

Aug 18, 2012
Yep. All of that happens. Smiley Sad

I give you my..kudo..
Message 2 of 169 (2,476 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7010 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

The second thing you mentioned has happened to me about three or four times before 1.13 but hasn't happened since.

Message 3 of 169 (2,471 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
476 posts

Aug 18, 2012
You should also add the removed from game glitch, it is really annoying, especially when playing tournament mode.
Message 4 of 169 (2,454 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Re: ND: It's now time for technical fixes! [Cookies for support!]

Aug 18, 2012
Hey an actual request to fix something important!

I know it's not the first and its not about the most glaring problem LAG, but it is the second biggest problem. We need this to be seriously addressed.

I could care less about nerfing things that are not OP or adding more colors to some guys pants. Lets fix real stuff ND.
Message 5 of 169 (2,430 Views)
Survivor
2373 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

The spinning ring of death is someone in the lobby that bought a faulty disk that with time it gets a rainbow pattern on the disk and makes it kinda unreadable. When that person connects to u3 the audio is cut off and their character in the menu starts freezing along with the emblem flag. They can still find a game and when they join a lobby and the game says game starting in 49 seconds they get a black screen and it never starts. The other people in the lobby get the infinite spinning ring. The game will start if the person that has the faulty disk turns off their ps3. I have this problem but I turn off my ps3 if my character freezes when I join the lobby. 5 out 95 people on my friends list have this problem. It mostly takes a hour of signing in and out to make it work like normal.large.jpgfaulty uncharted 3 on the left and working u3 on the right.

Busty brunnette
Message 6 of 169 (2,419 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Aug 18, 2012

lII-Venom-lII wrote:

The spinning ring of death is someone in the lobby that bought a faulty disk that with time it gets a rainbow pattern on the disk and makes it kinda unreadable. When that person connects to u3 the audio is cut off and their character in the menu starts freezing along with the emblem flag. They can still find a game and when they join a lobby and the game says game starting in 49 seconds they get a black screen and it never starts. The other people in the lobby get the infinite spinning ring. The game will start if the person that has the faulty disk turns off their ps3. I have this problem but I turn off my ps3 if my character freezes when I join the lobby. 5 out 95 people on my friends list have this problem. It mostly takes a hour of signing in and out to make it work like normal.

It doesn't happen in other games, and it needs to have a solution. Don't tell me other games' players all have clean discs. But thanks for clarifying this! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 169 (2,415 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2373 posts

Aug 18, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

lII-Venom-lII wrote:

The spinning ring of death is someone in the lobby that bought a faulty disk that with time it gets a rainbow pattern on the disk and makes it kinda unreadable. When that person connects to u3 the audio is cut off and their character in the menu starts freezing along with the emblem flag. They can still find a game and when they join a lobby and the game says game starting in 49 seconds they get a black screen and it never starts. The other people in the lobby get the infinite spinning ring. The game will start if the person that has the faulty disk turns off their ps3. I have this problem but I turn off my ps3 if my character freezes when I join the lobby. 5 out 95 people on my friends list have this problem. It mostly takes a hour of signing in and out to make it work like normal.

It doesn't happen in other games, and it needs to have a solution. Don't tell me other games' players all have clean discs. But thanks for clarifying this! Smiley Happy

I just uploaded a picture.

Busty brunnette
Message 8 of 169 (2,389 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Aug 18, 2012

I've experienced all of the above too.  The party splitting is particularly bad since 1.13 and the Team balancing also seems much worse.  

Fixes would be most appreciated ND Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy It's a game...go out there and have some fun! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 169 (2,373 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9459 posts

Aug 18, 2012

I would be very disappointed if ND wasn't already aware of these issues. Here's hoping we get some of the problems fixed in the next patch. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 10 of 169 (2,361 Views)
0 Likes