Re: ND Has Gone WAY Overboard w/ the DLC

Aug 29, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I draw the line at those stats. Added advantages / disadvantages for paying. That is just a horrible idea and whoever suggested it needs a slap.

Maybe it's not pay to win right now because people haven't worked out the right combination? regardless or not it's pay to gain advantages. Lets face it, you are going to buy something that suits your gamestyle if you do buy something.

I'm guessing you're referring to the stat hats when you stay stats, but every single one of those abilities (and ability combos) for those hats is available through treasure unlocks. On top of that when you unlock them through treasure you get them for both Custom Characters meaning you can use them no matter what and aren't limited by the team you're on unlike all of the purchase only items which are team exclusive.

I bought some things I liked the look of and one thing because I liked it's effect. That would be the sapling for the Dead Explorer that essentially gives Beast Mode Bronze or buffs your Beast Mode up one level. The other stuff I bought for their looks. The stats hats aren't and won't be OP. The hat effect that everyone thought would be the most powerful and OP, +25% headshot damage, I even made a damage chart for explaining how it effected every single long gun and pistol you can spawn with in competitive.

Maybe I'm missing something... But everything I've unlocked has no stats to it and I only need like 16 treasures to complete the entire list of sets.

Still I don't agree with buyable stat upgrades. I honestly can't say it's working for me in that case because I really don't have any stats on my items.

Have you unlocked any of the new hats for the Custom Characters through Competitive treasures? All of those have stats.

I think you're also more against the principal of the stat hats than the hats themselves. I understand that but when you actually take into account the effects it's not a balance issue. If you gave me an example of one you had a problem with then that might help.

Well I'm not against having the items, the items alone don't cause a problem, the items alone would be similar to buying something for Home, it gives you no advantage.

It wont help if I gave you a reason though. I could. But your mind is already made up. Mine is also though.

I often see people using the blindfire boost, behold they are using it correctly and blindfiring. Then you see they killed you.. Because they had that extra % chance of doing so.

That isn't right and regardless of it being the case of helping them get the kill or not, it gives you the illusion that it's helping them. It can't be doing nothing if it says it does something.

....Your mind is made up on your imagination then. There is NO blindfire boost stat. Many of the hats do reduce blindfire accuracy though.
So as for your "it can't be doing nothing if it says it's doing something" many reduce blindfire accuracy. None increase it. That's why I wanted you to tell me one you had a problem with, because I don't think you're familiar with what the stat combos are. They all have a positive and a negative. Like the one I mentioned that gives me Beast Mode Bronze, also gives me the negative of slowing down my strafing speed.
The only effect I've ever seen you have a specific problem with and mention is a blindfire accuracy buff, which none of the items have. Get more familiar with the items so you can better judge what they are how bad or good they really are for the game. :smileyhappy:

I'm not familiar with them. They still do something though, so maybe you should get more familiar with a plus sign and a negative sign.

Even though they are more straight forward than me reading crap loads of stats for hours.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 92 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I draw the line at those stats. Added advantages / disadvantages for paying. That is just a horrible idea and whoever suggested it needs a slap.

Maybe it's not pay to win right now because people haven't worked out the right combination? regardless or not it's pay to gain advantages. Lets face it, you are going to buy something that suits your gamestyle if you do buy something.

I'm guessing you're referring to the stat hats when you stay stats, but every single one of those abilities (and ability combos) for those hats is available through treasure unlocks. On top of that when you unlock them through treasure you get them for both Custom Characters meaning you can use them no matter what and aren't limited by the team you're on unlike all of the purchase only items which are team exclusive.

I bought some things I liked the look of and one thing because I liked it's effect. That would be the sapling for the Dead Explorer that essentially gives Beast Mode Bronze or buffs your Beast Mode up one level. The other stuff I bought for their looks. The stats hats aren't and won't be OP. The hat effect that everyone thought would be the most powerful and OP, +25% headshot damage, I even made a damage chart for explaining how it effected every single long gun and pistol you can spawn with in competitive.

Maybe I'm missing something... But everything I've unlocked has no stats to it and I only need like 16 treasures to complete the entire list of sets.

Still I don't agree with buyable stat upgrades. I honestly can't say it's working for me in that case because I really don't have any stats on my items.

Have you unlocked any of the new hats for the Custom Characters through Competitive treasures? All of those have stats.

I think you're also more against the principal of the stat hats than the hats themselves. I understand that but when you actually take into account the effects it's not a balance issue. If you gave me an example of one you had a problem with then that might help.

Well I'm not against having the items, the items alone don't cause a problem, the items alone would be similar to buying something for Home, it gives you no advantage.

It wont help if I gave you a reason though. I could. But your mind is already made up. Mine is also though.

I often see people using the blindfire boost, behold they are using it correctly and blindfiring. Then you see they killed you.. Because they had that extra % chance of doing so.

That isn't right and regardless of it being the case of helping them get the kill or not, it gives you the illusion that it's helping them. It can't be doing nothing if it says it does something.

....Your mind is made up on your imagination then. There is NO blindfire boost stat. Many of the hats do reduce blindfire accuracy though.
So as for your "it can't be doing nothing if it says it's doing something" many reduce blindfire accuracy. None increase it. That's why I wanted you to tell me one you had a problem with, because I don't think you're familiar with what the stat combos are. They all have a positive and a negative. Like the one I mentioned that gives me Beast Mode Bronze, also gives me the negative of slowing down my strafing speed.
The only effect I've ever seen you have a specific problem with and mention is a blindfire accuracy buff, which none of the items have. Get more familiar with the items so you can better judge what they are how bad or good they really are for the game. :smileyhappy:

I'm not familiar with them. They still do something though, so maybe you should get more familiar with a plus sign and a negative sign.

Even though they are more straight forward than me reading crap loads of stats for hours.

Not sure what you mean.... but it takes like 2 minutes to go down the list of new hats for the custom characters, and that list of new hats contains every single stat combo that exists for the hats. Not learning about them when it's so easy but still complaining about them looks like ignorance to me.

And I should be saying this "so maybe you should get more familiar with a plus sign and a negative sign" to you since you mistook lowered blindfire accuracy for an increase in blindfire accuracy.

:smileytongue:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 92 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Paying for items robs any sense of achievement from unlocking them.

I don't have the skeleton skins, because I refuse to farm in co-op adventure.  I will play co-op adventure maybe once or twice a week only because I generally find it boring so you can imagine my treasure success rate.

But some people did farm it, for hours and hours.  They earned that.  Then ND rob them of that achievement by letting people pay to unlock them.

How you get an item really does not matter once this happens, the achievement of unlocking them is gone, I can in an hour earn more then enough real life cash enough to buy all this games unlockables, but honestly what is the point of making them unlockables when you can just buy your way past the achievment.

Should I get the last of the treasures before I quit this game, I wouldn't care.

Things should be unlockables or pay DLC, not both.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 92 (174 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13041 posts

Aug 29, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Not sure what you mean.... but it takes like 2 minutes to go down the list of new hats for the custom characters, and that list of new hats contains every single stat combo that exists for the hats. Not learning about them when it's so easy but still complaining about them looks like ignorance to me.

And I should be saying this "so maybe you should get more familiar with a plus sign and a negative sign" to you since you mistook lowered blindfire accuracy for an increase in blindfire accuracy.

You have clearly done the same.

Now that I'm looking.

Bird Nest:

Positive:

+12% stopping power

Negative:

+5% Aiming Accuracy

Yes. Nice negative.

Of course these things give you no advantage..... I'll claim my victory on that one now or later when you actually decide to admit your wrong?

That's the difference between us though. I'll happily admit when I've screwed up. I screwed up, these things are unlockable.

But if you pay for that you are getting two positives.

I could list a few others that have no negative.

Drink Helmet

Disguise Glasses

Ski mask

Space Helmet

Some even have no positive at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 92 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Now that I'm looking.

Bird Nest:

Positive:

+12% stopping power

Negative:

+5% Aiming Accuracy

Yes. Nice negative.

Of course these things give you no advantage..... I'll claim my victory on that one now or later when you actually decide to admit your wrong?

That's the difference between us though. I'll happily admit when I've screwed up. I screwed up, these things are unlockable.

Drink Helmet

Disguise Glasses

Ski mask

Space Helmet

I would admit I was wrong, if I were actually wrong. The negative of +5 Aiming Accuracy is added recoil.

I do admit when I was wrong and I also do my research. In the thread I made extensively outlining the +25% Headshot Damage the first thing I talk about is how I was wrong when I talked about how this would work before. And here's a link to the thread so you can see for yourself:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/3D-Glasses-Damage-Chart-Come-Le...

As for some having no positive at all, they all have a positive and a negative. None of them are exceptions to this. Some positives may not be worth the negative in some people's opinions but tha't not the same as them not having a positive.

You mistook a "+" as meaning it's a positive effect when it isn't.

The Drink Helmet has the negative of +15% Sprint Recovery Time. You don't consider it taking longer to recover your sprint a negative?

The Disguise Glasses have the +5% Aiming Accuracy which gives you 5% more recoil. That's certainly a negative.

Ski Mask has the same thing as the Drink Helmet.

Space Helmet has the same thing as the Disguise Glasses.

There are ones like the Night Vision Goggles that have a buff of -14% Sound Made, but even though it has a "-" it clearly is a buff. And it's debuff is +14% Regen Delay which although it has a "+" it is clearly a debuff that you take longer before you start to regenerate.

Just because there's a "+" doesn't mean it's a positive thing. If you look all of the top stats have a green picture with a "+" and all the bottom stats have red picture with a "-". That is how you know what the buff is and what the debuff is.

Any other things you think I'm wrong about?

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 92 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13041 posts

Aug 29, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Now that I'm looking.

Bird Nest:

Positive:

+12% stopping power

Negative:

+5% Aiming Accuracy

Yes. Nice negative.

Drink Helmet

Disguise Glasses

Ski mask

Space Helmet

I would admit I was wrong, if I were actually wrong. The negative of +5 Aiming Accuracy is added recoil.

I do admit when I was wrong and I also do my research. In the thread I made extensively outlining the +25% Headshot Damage the first thing I talk about is how I was wrong when I talked about how this would work before. And here's a link to the thread so you can see for yourself:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/3D-Glasses-Damage-Chart-Come-Le...

As for some having no positive at all, they all have a positive and a negative. None of them are exceptions to this. Some positives may not be worth the negative in some people's opinions but tha't not the same as them not having a positive.

You mistook a "+" as meaning it's a positive effect when it isn't.

The Drink Helmet has the negative of +15% Sprint Recovery Time. You don't consider it taking longer to recover your sprint a negative?

The Disguise Glasses have the +5% Aiming Accuracy which gives you 5% more recoil. That's certainly a negative.

Ski Mask has the same thing as the Drink Helmet.

Space Helmet has the same thing as the Disguise Glasses.

There are ones like the Night Vision Goggles that have a buff of -14% Sound Made, but even though it has a "-" it clearly is a buff. And it's debuff is +14% Regen Delay which although it has a "+" it is clearly a debuff that you take longer before you start to regenerate.

Just because there's a "+" doesn't mean it's a positive thing. If you look all of the top stats have a green picture with a "+" and all the bottom stats have red picture with a "-". That is how you know what the buff is and what the debuff is.

Any other things you think I'm wrong about?

You see, I see the plus as + 15+% Improved healing time. so you sprint for longer.

There has been no confirmation that red or green mean anything.

-14% sound made? I would take that as you make 14% less sound. So if you are a Skeleton using cloaked, you are utterly silent. I'd honestly expect that to be a plus sign rather than a - sign. It just makes no sense what-so-ever if what you are saying is true.

You could be right about this. But then again, that isn't down to me being wrong if you are, it's poorly labelled and makes very little sense to someone who just looks at it.

There are plenty of other threads where you have been wrong while arguing, I know you wont ever drop something either until someone else is adult enough to walk away.

It's confusing nature probably implies that I could be right though and there are huge advantages to be made.

Anyway arguing this is pointless, It's either poor labelling or there are massive gains to be made. Either way ND still screwed up.

That's all I'll say on the matter. Saves cluttering the forum, i'll leave that for the alts.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 92 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

-14% sound made? I would take that as you make 14% less sound. So if you are a Skeleton using cloaked, you are utterly silent. I'd honestly expect that to be a plus sign rather than a - sign. It just makes no sense what-so-ever if what you are saying is true.

You could be right about this. But then again, that isn't down to me being wrong if you are, it's poorly labelled and makes very little sense to someone who just looks at it.

There are plenty of other threads where you have been wrong while arguing, I know you wont ever drop something either until someone else is adult enough to walk away.

It's confusing nature probably implies that I could be right though and there are huge advantages to be made.

Anyway arguing this is pointless, It's either poor labelling or there are massive gains to be made. Either way ND still screwed up.

That's all I'll say on the matter. Saves cluttering the forum, i'll leave that for the alts.

Not poor labeling. It's very clear that the first stat for every single item has a green picture with a +, and the second stat has a red picture with a -. It's like this for every single item. Not only is it consistent but it's obvious that a +green is good and a -red is bad. It made sense the first time I looked at it. I wasn't even aware it would be an issue since it's consistent with the buff being first and the debuff being second and they've even aided by helpful pictures to label them.

Don't even start with the whole you've been wrong with arguing before bit. It's really sad when you have to throw something like that into the mix, especially when it's not true. I've dealt with people all my life who have tried that tactic but their flaw is that they can never cite examples. They just say you argue to much or something to that extent. You're not being adult by walking away you're being childish by insulting me and then saying you're not going to reply back after I rebuddle your attack on my character. Real mature of you.

I wasn't aware that thought out discussion was clutter. I'll try to mention that they're consistently labeled with the buff first and the debuff second for every item with helpful pictures that have obvious meanings a little less from now on.

I have no problem taking my time to explain any of this to you, so if you need any more help with this in the future you know who to call, but I also don't understand why you're irritated with me, unless I'm misunderstanding you tone. I really was just trying to clear this up for you since you apparently hadn't even read the hats until I prompted you to. Sorry for spreading knowledge. :/

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 92 (124 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Aug 29, 2012

KylieDog wrote:

Paying for items robs any sense of achievement from unlocking them.

I don't have the skeleton skins, because I refuse to farm in co-op adventure.  I will play co-op adventure maybe once or twice a week only because I generally find it boring so you can imagine my treasure success rate.

But some people did farm it, for hours and hours.  They earned that.  Then ND rob them of that achievement by letting people pay to unlock them.

How you get an item really does not matter once this happens, the achievement of unlocking them is gone, I can in an hour earn more then enough real life cash enough to buy all this games unlockables, but honestly what is the point of making them unlockables when you can just buy your way past the achievment.

Should I get the last of the treasures before I quit this game, I wouldn't care.

Things should be unlockables or pay DLC, not both.

Good job to the people that farmed. You dedicated to only playing Co-op in order to farm for specific treasures instead of playing the game right like you should.

They didn't earn it anymore than the people buying it.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 92 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Who is the idiot that said -14% made is a negative? It's clearly a positive as you make 14% less sound it's just -14% sound overall.

Also to anyone saying that is overpowered, cloaked level 3 makes NO SOUND so this little hat is just a simple little alternative if you feel like being slightly quiet but without using cloaked as your booster.

Such as the yeti mask which reduces scope wobble while Scoped-in level 3 has NO SCOPE WOBBLE so the yeti mask is just an alternative.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 92 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Can anyone tell me something about Redshirt-Drake? Is he only going to be availabe with your money or is there going to be a way like buying him with money in the multiplayer or unlocking him via treasures? The only character I really care about is this one and I want to hear something about him. 

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 92 (94 Views)
0 Likes