Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 10 2012
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3718 posts

ND Destroyed Co-op Not US!! (Lies Exposed)

36 replies 855 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

Firstly, I wanna thank Tap for bringing this to my attention and shareing this with me (see below)

This ND and their web of lies:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/701413/reaction-time-naughty-dogs-evan-wells-reflects-on-uncharted-2-among-thieves/

G4:  The online co-op was very well received, are you guys thinking about doing more of that?Gears of War 2 this past summer had a very short co-op addition that tied into the game's story, and then on the other end of the spectrum, Halo 3: ODST was a standalone thing, but it was also supplemental to the universe...are you looking at that as examples of future plans?

EW:  Yeah, I'm really happy that the co-op was a big of a success as it has been, it was something that for the first month or two when we started the project, we weren't sure that we were going to be able to do co-op because of the massive amounts of animation that our characters had, and we weren't sure that there was going to be a way to get it to work with the bandwidth limitations that you have to deal with when you're doing something online. The programmers came up with some clever ways of getting around that issue, and it became something that is almost as popular as our competitive side of things. When we look at the statistics and number of games being played, it's right up there. It's almost the same number of co-op games as competitive games. Now, it's a little misleading because there are ten players in a competitive game and only three players in a co-op game, so the number of players in each type of game is different, but the actual number of games is pretty close.

Oh, and check this out Co-op Fans

So for future DLC, could we add more co-op? Probably more in the arena-style type of gameplay, like our Survival and our Gold Rush modes. The objective-style co-op that we have where we have those little narrative moments...it's something that we are considering and we'd really like to do, but it's a much, much bigger investment of time because we have to do a lot of motion capture with the actors and record a lot of voices. So we would absolutely want make sure that we talk to our community and make sure there was the proper demand for it.

So, how many of us, have asked DEMANDED for a stand alone Survival only? How many times have you seen the constant Super Survival style threads? 

They don't even FIX what they have messed up in the 1st place (bugs/glitches click here to see a few of them) and yet they blame US for the "low co-op numbers" as players leave and don't wanna play a broken mode(s).

From what they've said, co-op was almost if not HAD THE SAME amount of players as CMP in U2 but after NOT ASKING US, gave us Hunter (Majority HATE this, even since the BETA) and Shade, again majority hate this and feel decieved as it was not SURVIVAL only as they stated.

Now ND, why dont you admit that you are liars? You say you will ask us, but give us modes like Hunter and Shade that the MAJORITY have been complaining about EVEN Hunter was loathed since the BETA yet it's still broken.

MANY of us (EVEN CMP FANS) have asked for a Unlimited to more than 10 rounds of stand alone Survival yet you ignored our pleas. You make up BS excuses saying it's not "technically possible" yet you give us UNWANTED more "harder to make" modes like Hunter and Shade?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (855 Views)
Wastelander
620 posts

Re: ND Destroyed Co-op Not US!! (Lies Exposed)

Nov 10, 2012

They did not destory co-op. They simply ignored it. Just a little correction there, they gave DLC, but did not enchance the experience, it  simply wasn't any better than it already was from launch co-op.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (842 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3718 posts

Nov 10, 2012

BurstLimitKL wrote:

They did not destory co-op. They simply ignored it. Just a little correction there, they gave DLC, but did not enchance the experience, it  simply wasn't any better than it already was from launch co-op.

I'm sorry but they did destroy co-op, see my bugs and glitches thread. They've changed things that we're NOT broken, I repeat NOT BROKEN, they we're fine as they we're till THEY messed it up i.e destroyed. Yes a harsh word to use, but in my eyes that's how I see it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Maybe this interview was before ND became deaf cause you know now they dont listen to thier fans

Oops Right? - Tess : The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Nov 10, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

Firstly, I wanna thank Tap for bringing this to my attention and shareing this with me (see below)

This ND and their web of lies:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/701413/reaction-time-naughty-dogs-evan-wells-reflects-on-uncharted-2-among-thieves/

G4:  The online co-op was very well received, are you guys thinking about doing more of that?Gears of War 2 this past summer had a very short co-op addition that tied into the game's story, and then on the other end of the spectrum, Halo 3: ODST was a standalone thing, but it was also supplemental to the universe...are you looking at that as examples of future plans?

EW:  Yeah, I'm really happy that the co-op was a big of a success as it has been, it was something that for the first month or two when we started the project, we weren't sure that we were going to be able to do co-op because of the massive amounts of animation that our characters had, and we weren't sure that there was going to be a way to get it to work with the bandwidth limitations that you have to deal with when you're doing something online. The programmers came up with some clever ways of getting around that issue, and it became something that is almost as popular as our competitive side of things. When we look at the statistics and number of games being played, it's right up there. It's almost the same number of co-op games as competitive games. Now, it's a little misleading because there are ten players in a competitive game and only three players in a co-op game, so the number of players in each type of game is different, but the actual number of games is pretty close.

Oh, and check this out Co-op Fans

So for future DLC, could we add more co-op? Probably more in the arena-style type of gameplay, like our Survival and our Gold Rush modes. The objective-style co-op that we have where we have those little narrative moments...it's something that we are considering and we'd really like to do, but it's a much, much bigger investment of time because we have to do a lot of motion capture with the actors and record a lot of voices. So we would absolutely want make sure that we talk to our community and make sure there was the proper demand for it.

So, how many of us, have asked DEMANDED for a stand alone Survival only? How many times have you seen the constant Super Survival style threads? 

They don't even FIX what they have messed up in the 1st place (bugs/glitches click here to see a few of them) and yet they blame US for the "low co-op numbers" as players leave and don't wanna play a broken mode(s).

From what they've said, co-op was almost if not HAD THE SAME amount of players as CMP in U2 but after NOT ASKING US, gave us Hunter (Majority HATE this, even since the BETA) and Shade, again majority hate this and feel decieved as it was not SURVIVAL only as they stated.

Now ND, why dont you admit that you are liars? You say you will ask us, but give us modes like Hunter and Shade that the MAJORITY have been complaining about EVEN Hunter was loathed since the BETA yet it's still broken.

MANY of us (EVEN CMP FANS) have asked for a Unlimited to more than 10 rounds of stand alone Survival yet you ignored our pleas. You make up BS excuses saying it's not "technically possible" yet you give us UNWANTED more "harder to make" modes like Hunter and Shade?

your sig goes REALLY WELL with your post :smileywink:

I'm always here on the forums... but i rarely post :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (831 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3718 posts

Nov 10, 2012

left4bread3 wrote:

Maybe this interview was before ND became deaf cause you know now they dont listen to thier fans

They have always been deaf when it comes to co-op EVEN after admitting co-op was popular. Since U2 was released there have been vets asking for a unlimted survival mode or at least more than 10 rounds, yet they we're ignored

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (827 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
620 posts

Could you send me a link to it? I'm surprised that many o...

Nov 10, 2012

Could you send me a link to it? I'm surprised that many of the glitches in U3 that has frequently happened to other people has not happened to me. The only real problem I've ever had was my U3 disc being messed up, and that was my fault.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (824 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Nov 10, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

left4bread3 wrote:

They have always been deaf when it comes to co-op EVEN after admitting co-op was popular. Since U2 was released there have been vets asking for a unlimted survival mode or at least more than 10 rounds, yet they we're ignored

Maybe if we take a different approach and persuade them by telling them that theyd make more money, im sure they'd listen then, and anyhoo how difficult can it be to make 10 rounds of survival, separate modes etc

Oops Right? - Tess : The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3718 posts

Re: Could you send me a link to it? I'm surprised that many o...

Nov 10, 2012

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Could you send me a link to it? I'm surprised that many of the glitches in U3 that has frequently happened to other people has not happened to me. The only real problem I've ever had was my U3 disc being messed up, and that was my fault.

On the OP, click on "click here" it will direct you to that thread

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (796 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I think they're Really blind to Co Op threads
I'm making a Big thread about what they should about Co Op Arena and Hunter Arena
And I don't feel doing a thread where ND going to ignore it at the end
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 37 (790 Views)
0 Likes