Jan 26 2013
By: Nanashi707 Wastelander 521 posts

Monkey Man + Pull Down

10 replies 423 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

I think Monkey Man Gold should have added properties, in particular for getting Pull Downs. It's a lot harder to get a pull down if the guy sees you and goes for the Kick Off. 9/10 times you will fail. So why not add higher priority for pull downs to level three MM? The booster is kinda boring as it is anyway Smiley Tongue

Cutter
Message 1 of 11 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2421 posts

Re: Monkey Man + Pull Down

Jan 26, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

I think Monkey Man Gold should have added properties, in particular for getting Pull Downs. It's a lot harder to get a pull down if the guy sees you and goes for the Kick Off. 9/10 times you will fail. So why not add higher priority for pull downs to level three MM? The booster is kinda boring as it is anyway Smiley Tongue

I always use it, It also speeds up other animations like climbing over covers.

Message 2 of 11 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Jan 26, 2013
but this would make it better
Cutter
Message 3 of 11 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

I always use it, It also speeds up other animations like climbing over covers.

Exactly. It's amazing. I use it on my Sniper loadout and it helps me escape bad situations and get to higher ground. It's perfect for what it is.

Booster, IMO are to either enhance a strength you have in the game or compensate for a weakness. I suck at jumping around, so Monkey man helps.

Message 4 of 11 (389 Views)
Wastelander
521 posts

Jan 26, 2013
ah but I'm not saying to take any of that away, just add something to it.
Cutter
Message 5 of 11 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7667 posts

Jan 26, 2013

well pull downs/kick offs tend to favour the laggier player of the 2. Giving monkey man a higher priority for them won't help much...

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 6 of 11 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jan 26, 2013
gold monkey man is amazing! especially, if you have gold cloacked on. c:
Message 7 of 11 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Jan 26, 2013

As someone said, Cloaked makes a great combo with Monkey Man as you hang on walls without being detected through your player arrow, which is why most players can get a Kick Off, whenever you are hanging on a ledge. Essentially, with Cloaked and Monkey Man, you become a Ninja. Adding a higher priority for Pull Downs may seem nice but lag is an issue. In addition, you really don't need additional priority. If you miss a pull down, just drop down to the second ledge and then climb back up to pull him down.

Message 8 of 11 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jan 26, 2013
it's just the lag that trolls with me. like one time i saw the pull animation, but it just made me die. like really now? -.-"
Message 9 of 11 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Just got MM to gold. It's not so bad. Being a jumpy guy in the game, I still land on low ledges (I jump far so nobody catches up). Plus, if you can't throw a nade back and there's a ledge, fastest escape ever.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 10 of 11 (243 Views)
0 Likes