Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 06 2012
By: SteelWolf89 Monster Hunter 35 posts

Mode Suggestion: "Team Arena" TDM/Objective, No Power Weapons, Focus on Fun & Teamwork

12 replies 229 views Edited Nov 6, 2012

Alright, let me just put this out in the open.

i've had almost ZERO fun in Competitive Mode since either Beta has been over, except when it comes to Hardcore/Classic Mode.

I enjoy both modes very much, but having Power Weapons enabled just ends up making it a race to get to them before the enemy can, and then we just get guys running around with one-shot weapons causing all kinds of chaos, and basically ruining the fun of team based gameplay.

What I would love to see is a base game mode focused solely on fun, teamwork and basic weapon skills. one which rotates between Team Deathmatch and Objective based games on all available maps

The only starting weapons would be the AK47/M9 + Para9/Micro smg. The only weapon pick-ups would be the Dragon Sniper, Fal-SS and Kal-7

Power Weapons are disabled, as they tend to be used in very cheap ways that ruin a lot of the fun of Objective and Team games.

melee damage would be toned down to make it far more likely to get a kill at medium range, and grenades would not be able to be thrown back, as is the rule in Classic mode

Boosters are enabled, but not Kickbacks, as they tend to be used in cheap ways, just like power weapons..

Skeleton Skins and Hat Stats are disabled as to remove any advantage one would have over another player.

tl;dr:

* Focus on Fun, Teamwork, and skill with Basic weaponry

* Team Deathmatch/Objective Mode Rotation w/ all maps

* Basic Starting Weapons: AK-47/M9 + Para9/Micro smg

* Only Weapon Pick-ups are Dragon Sniper, Fal-SS & Kal-7

* No Power Weapons

* Melee is toned down to accomodate the focus on Mid-range combat

* Grenades cannot be thrown back

* Boosters Enabled, Kickbacks Disabled

* No Skeleton Skins or Hat Stats

remember, the main focus of this mode would be Fun and Teamwork, not just having the best score on your team by getting the cheapest kills you can.

kudos if you would like to see something like this implemented, and comment on any changes or ideas you may have.

Message 1 of 13 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Mode Suggestion: "Team Arena" TDM/Objective, No Power Weapons, Focus on Fun & Team

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

Another mode to split the player pool? No, thanks.

Btw, what is wrong with skeleton skins?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 2 of 13 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Mode Suggestion: "Team Arena" TDM/Objective, No Power Weapons, Focus on Fun & Team

Nov 6, 2012
hard to see at a distance, and the hitbox is very hard to judge when its a moving target.

basically gives the player a slight advantage over everyone else nnot using skeleton skins, although not a massive one
Message 3 of 13 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1719 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Why would you want to see the KAL 7 as a pickup but not the G-MAL. In no way does the kal 7 "focus on fun".

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 4 of 13 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Skeletons have exactly the same hitboxes.

Just because you had some "unpleasant" experiences against laggy tryhards using skeleton skins, it doesn't mean that they are "OP".

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 13 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Can't you customize TDM and Objective with settings like this?

SonicNaruto669 Trophy Card

Generations Beginner's Guide (For Pros Too)

http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showthread.php?t=50715
Message 6 of 13 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 6, 2012
thats precisely why melee would be toned down.

less people would be inclined to use it if they can't get a kill using melee spam.
Message 7 of 13 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Isn't the rules nearly identical as Classic Mode.

The uc3 community thrives on power weapons I do not think it would do much if you removed them.

R.I.P POGO
Message 8 of 13 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Plus skeleton skins have the same hitboxes, besides hitting them is not that hard you just do not overthink it

R.I.P POGO
Message 9 of 13 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I kind of like your idea! This game has too much power weapons. Almost every map you find SAS or that other one, Mag5, Tbolt, RPG, Hammer....it's too much! Some maps have two T-Bolt snipers....Sucks! I liked the Dragon more when it was a power weapon....now we have two deadly snipers...

Anyway, a game mode without power weapons would be really cool, I would play that. Throwback grenades I like, what I don't like is throwback mega/cluster bombs. 

And about the skeletons....I hate them too! LOL Wish they were not in this game...

Lot of people will desagree but I don't care, lol

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 10 of 13 (163 Views)
0 Likes