Sep 23 2012
By: stayFROST-E Wastelander 698 posts

Minor Suggestion for ND

12 replies 210 views Edited Sep 23, 2012

Hey guys at ND, would you consider making the amount of time it takes to turn after a jump longer. The reason being is both practical and to prevent players from exploiting this. I've seen (though not that often) that higher ranked players will jump back in forth while being shot at until that person runs out of ammo then they shoot them. I mean, reallySmiley Sad? This is both incredibly unrealistic because were'd all his momentum go? And exploitive because ONLY high ranked player will do this (the inexperienced players haven't figured it out). So basically, I think that the ability to completely turn around a 200lb man in a split second after he's been flying through the air should be reduced (pretty crazy, believe me I know). Or make this similar to sprint, you can't do it forever. Go ahead, see how long you can jump back in forth. 

Anyway, I know I'm going to get some flack for this. "That's just because you can't shoot." "You're a tattle-tail." So hit me up I'm ready. But if you agree just a little positive feedback or support would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading this stupidly long post. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 1 of 13 (210 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Minor Suggestion for ND

Sep 23, 2012
Isn't it prolonged already? Anyway, I like this idea. It's not a big deal to me since I have reload speed, but it is a deal nonetheless.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 13 (202 Views)
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

Sep 23, 2012

It's already laggy enough. Try it yourself, you won't be very successful.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 13 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Sep 23, 2012

the problem is not the jumping, i do it; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, whats wrong is the stupid aim assist on this game, when your opponnent moves/jumps around your aim assist wants to stick to the person you're shooting at but because the player moves faster it creates a little delay on the aim assist, making it harder to aim.. have you noticed how your aiming goes bananas when you are aiming/shooting at someone and then 1 or 2 more opponents show up at the same time, you will think at least i'll get one kill from the first person i started shooting, right? but if you do not release the L1 and aim again you wont get that killed, and you will get gun'd down. 

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 4 of 13 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Sep 23, 2012

All you have to do is whip out your Para 9 and rush them. Works 80% percent of the time. No one really bunny hops anymore, though.

Message 5 of 13 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Sep 23, 2012

No it's not a huge problem. But however small it is, it'll improve the game and probably be a relatively simple fix.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 6 of 13 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Sep 23, 2012

ND had never really been into physics anyway. They think you can survive jumps from high towers and buildings Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13 (155 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 23, 2012
I honestly like how the stumble from a jump prevents rolling.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 13 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Sep 24, 2012

stayFROST-E wrote:

Hey guys at ND, would you consider making the amount of time it takes to turn after a jump longer. The reason being is both practical and to prevent players from exploiting this. I've seen (though not that often) that higher ranked players will jump back in forth while being shot at until that person runs out of ammo then they shoot them. I mean, reallySmiley Sad? This is both incredibly unrealistic because were'd all his momentum go? And exploitive because ONLY high ranked player will do this (the inexperienced players haven't figured it out). So basically, I think that the ability to completely turn around a 200lb man in a split second after he's been flying through the air should be reduced (pretty crazy, believe me I know). Or make this similar to sprint, you can't do it forever. Go ahead, see how long you can jump back in forth. 

Anyway, I know I'm going to get some flack for this. "That's just because you can't shoot." "You're a tattle-tail." So hit me up I'm ready. But if you agree just a little positive feedback or support would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading this stupidly long post. 

It's not as a big problem as uncharted 2, but I still see people do it sometimes.

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 9 of 13 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Sep 24, 2012

People used to do that in U2, it was so annoying...

I thought it was fixed in U3 because you can't bunny hop anymore... Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 13 (113 Views)
0 Likes