Aug 07 2012
By: jsolares Lombax Warrior 162 posts
Accepted Solution

Microtransactions

39 replies 536 views Edited Aug 7, 2012

I appreciate the changes and all but instead of fixing stuff they are just putting items out there that can be purchased with real money? im a bit let down by this, thoughts on this? sony's idea?

Message 1 of 40 (536 Views)
Naughty Paw
20282 posts

Re: Microtransactions

Aug 7, 2012
We don't know if microtransactions will use in-game cash or real cash yet.

Either that, or I didn't notice what type of currency those microtransactions will use in the patch video. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 40 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
477 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Most of the dlc items can be unlocked in-game with treasure sets, those same items can also be purchased with real money from the ps store for those that dont have the time to farm treasures.

But then some items (jak goggles) are only available if you buy them from the ps store with real money, there is no other way to get them.

Message 3 of 40 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
598 posts

Aug 7, 2012

I'm extremely disappointed that we have to use our actual money to purchase most of the new taunts. That's a fine secondary option if they were linked to treasure sets or something, and players didn't want to go through the trouble of unlocking them.

Now I have to update my account, my petty $3 probably won't cover more than 2 or 3 DLC pieces.

I am the one who knocks.
Message 4 of 40 (503 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Either that, or I didn't notice what type of currency those microtransactions will use in the patch video. Smiley Indifferent

in the patch notes you see stuff like this

11 new taunts for purchase in the PS Store

Jak Goggles for every character (available for purchase only)

The option to buy and use new or currently in-game items without having to reach the level requirement

while the 11 new taunts state that is purchased through the ps store the jack goggles dont specify where whe can get them from. But I know that from the PS store whe cannot use INGAME money.

now the "option to buy ingame items" is like stated "optional" im ok with it, but I personally dont like this idea.

Message 5 of 40 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
442 posts

Aug 7, 2012

So..is there anything in this patch that doesn't require real money?

Message 6 of 40 (483 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Aug 7, 2012

The_Blablob wrote:

I'm extremely disappointed that we have to use our actual money to purchase most of the new taunts. That's a fine secondary option if they were linked to treasure sets or something, and players didn't want to go through the trouble of unlocking them.

Now I have to update my account, my petty $3 probably won't cover more than 2 or 3 DLC pieces.

So am I Smiley Sad like they said over in the IGN article "this is our way to test the waters" I truly hope people don't support this by buying it

Message 7 of 40 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
477 posts

Aug 7, 2012

*see's people buying 4 maps for £11.99*

*hope fades*

*purchases content anyway*

:\

Message 8 of 40 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20282 posts

Aug 7, 2012

jsolares wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

in the patch notes you see stuff like this

11 new taunts for purchase in the PS Store

Jak Goggles for every character (available for purchase only)

The option to buy and use new or currently in-game items without having to reach the level requirement

while the 11 new taunts state that is purchased through the ps store the jack goggles dont specify where whe can get them from. But I know that from the PS store whe cannot use INGAME money.

now the "option to buy ingame items" is like stated "optional" im ok with it, but I personally dont like this idea.

But notice that the microtransactions part of those 3 lines do not specify if they will use in-game cash or real world cash. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 40 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Aug 7, 2012

GuiltyBlaze wrote:

So..is there anything in this patch that doesn't require real money?

Plenty! Is nice to have it, but again I love the idea of having the option of "to farm, or not to farm" but to have items like YOU GUYZ REAL MONEYZ EXCLUSIVE, is something I never expected from naughty dog. Maybe from Sony... Or just modern day developer influences, and people showing how stupid costumers can be

Message 10 of 40 (458 Views)
0 Likes