Highlighted
Oct 06 2012
By: Cyris Uncharted Territory 1505 posts

Megabomb doing NO damage glitch

[ Edited ]
10 replies 389 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

Has anyone encountered this?

For some reason, I have never had this happen to me since launch, but now it's happened 3 times in the past week.

My Megabomb lands in a nice empty space, right next to enemies, it explodes as normal... and NOTHING happens. No damage, no knockdown, nothing. It's not being blocked by the enviroment, it's not too far away, it just fails to do anything.

It's really crappy to earn your kickback, use it in a promising situation where you expect to get multiple kills, and then you get nothing.

Message 1 of 11 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Re: Megabomb doing NO damage glitch

Oct 6, 2012

Sounds annoying. I played a few co-op last night and experienced my reticle going up in the air when I ran out of bullets in my clip. Never had that happen before but it happened to one of my teammates as well. Is this new or old?

Message 2 of 11 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2389 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Sounds annoying. I played a few co-op last night and experienced my reticle going up in the air when I ran out of bullets in my clip. Never had that happen before but it happened to one of my teammates as well. Is this new or old?

That's been happening to me for a while, but only occurred when I ran out of long gun ammo and switched to the Wes-44 (Maybe the other revolvers did it too, but none of the other pistols did). As for the Mega bomb thing, the other players might have been laggy, I've thrown normal grenades at people's feet only for them to blow up, and the person walks away without knock down.
Pepsi
Message 3 of 11 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Oct 6, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

To you and the guy below you. I believe you were using the M9, correct? If you empty the clip but don't stop aiming, it readjusts for the kick. It's REALLY weird. Don't know what's going on. If that wasn't what happened, then this sounds like something new.

Message 4 of 11 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Oct 6, 2012

The first clip. (Besides the intro of course)

Message 5 of 11 (349 Views)
Wastelander
811 posts

Oct 6, 2012

0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Mega Bombs are very glitchy, as well with grenades. If ANY physical barrier is in the way or separates from the enemy it will NOT kill them.

You're best best is to bank it off a wall or ceiling to where it explodes in the air. Much more effective this way and kills 9 out 10 times.

Message 7 of 11 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

Oct 6, 2012

yes this has happen to me too and also with Cluster and also sometimes the enemy don't get killed by my cluster but i do and im farther from the radius than them................................................................

Sleep Matt signature
Message 8 of 11 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3990 posts

Oct 6, 2012
This happened ti me the first 2 times I ever used Mega Bomb. So I dont use it anymore.
Message 9 of 11 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Oct 6, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Mega Bombs are very glitchy, as well with grenades. If ANY physical barrier is in the way or separates from the enemy it will NOT kill them.

You're best best is to bank it off a wall or ceiling to where it explodes in the air. Much more effective this way and kills 9 out 10 times.

this. I have the worst luck with Clusters, walls and cielings just eat the explosion.

R we still friends? Haven't seen you lately..

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 10 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Likes