Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: Match quality / region filter

Aug 9, 2012

ChronoJoe wrote:

Freducken wrote:

I think this would be a good addition to the Multiplayer. I have seen the benefit of this in other games and would welcome this change (even if it means not getting matched up as quickly, but that is a small price to pay).

I have 22 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, and a PingTest.com Ping of 25 ms. I see lag mostly in this game compared to all the other shooters I play. Also this game seems more popular in other countries, where I always hear Arabic or other languages spoken. This is not the case in other games where the vast majority of spoken languages is English.

Also, it bugs me that you can never tell if you are playing a Party of 5 fully Leveled up players until you are already locked in to the game. Every single other  I have played does not do this (it's almost necessary to party up yourself to avoid this).

It locks people in because the matchmaking is awful It takes so long to find a game ND know they cant constantly be replacing people leaving. Sometimes when I'm with a party it can take us in excess of 5minutes to even find a game. Uncharted has the slowest matchmaking of any game on consoles and so they try to compensate it a bit by at least ensuring people stay in the match.

I would always say that myself until I played Gotham City Impostors... God, that game's matchmaking is horrible xD But yeah, I agree with your idea. 

PhotobucketLab member #008, Tiki.
Message 41 of 49 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Aug 9, 2012

................................bump.......................................

Message 42 of 49 (158 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

Since 1.13 lots of people have reported (and I have experienced this as well) that everyone else seems to have more health while your own character dies almost instantly. None of the people I talked to have bad conncetions nor did they experience the same before the update. Is this lag? Did the update somehow make it worse?

This exactly what Im experiencing right now.  Ever since the patch came Ive been dying instantly to the M9 and the Gmal feels like a burst in a half now.  The lag is so incredible that I cant even react or get away from majority of the things I used to before the patch.  RPG and revenge nades have a radius of a freaking nuke.

This patch has personally destroyed the game for me.

Message 43 of 49 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

DeluxeGemini wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

Since 1.13 lots of people have reported (and I have experienced this as well) that everyone else seems to have more health while your own character dies almost instantly. None of the people I talked to have bad conncetions nor did they experience the same before the update. Is this lag? Did the update somehow make it worse?

This exactly what Im experiencing right now.  Ever since the patch came Ive been dying instantly to the M9 and the Gmal feels like a burst in a half now.  The lag is so incredible that I cant even react or get away from majority of the things I used to before the patch.  RPG and revenge nades have a radius of a freaking nuke.

This patch has personally destroyed the game for me.

Yeah the game is silly. ND made this game have higher-health than post-ruined Uncharted 2 but at the same time when the lag is applied you still get next to no time to react. The only way I've been finding to get good games is to play at peak hours for my country, then I can find people from my country.

If I play at night, it's hell.

This game has horrible netcode, I don't expect them to make many improvements at this stage but they can't seriously expect to compete with their games if they keep releasing a technically sub-par experience. Like I said before I like Uncharteds MP because it plays differently but from a technical perspective the MP is awful.

Last night I was getting kills that were delayed by over 5 seconds. Had one that didn't die for 30. It feels like people are randomly dropping connection entirely a lot of the time, and as a result immune to damage. That was the case with one guy who was teleporting and couldn't die in one of the games I played. 

I played Ghost Recon and Transformers Fall of Cybertron recently, those games have good netcode.

jayjay275 wrote:

No, I think the player pool is already split enough. Regional matchmaking would split it even more, personally

Optional regional matchmaking. As in, a toggleable filter. Like what some (but not all) of the Call of Duty games have. I know World at War had it. Not sure which others.

Message 44 of 49 (140 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Aug 9, 2012

I have the same beef. Last night I had the worst match that I have ever had. Everyone had MEX tags, etc. I ended up getting unlucky like 3 times and only ended the game with 3-5 kills. Then the next match with fresh players, NO JOKE, I went like 20-3. I don't remember the exact scores because I played so many that night and don't feel like bothering to look through the matches, but my god that is a HUGE difference. I was in a 3-player party and 2 randoms vs 5 others. The other team didn't get more than 15 kills compared to our 50. It just shows how crazy the lag really can be. I wish they would fix it, but I'm sure they never will :/

Message 45 of 49 (130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Black Ops has a region filter. It says "default", "locale" and "locale only". The last one says it could significantly inctease search times (but it never does). And it works the default setting gets laggy sometimes. The locale only setting only lets me play players on the east coadt US like me typically.

Implement this ND. Give Treyarch a call.
Message 46 of 49 (127 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 10, 2012

HarryPujols wrote:

I have the same beef. Last night I had the worst match that I have ever had. Everyone had MEX tags, etc. I ended up getting unlucky like 3 times and only ended the game with 3-5 kills. Then the next match with fresh players, NO JOKE, I went like 20-3. I don't remember the exact scores because I played so many that night and don't feel like bothering to look through the matches, but my god that is a HUGE difference. I was in a 3-player party and 2 randoms vs 5 others. The other team didn't get more than 15 kills compared to our 50. It just shows how crazy the lag really can be. I wish they would fix it, but I'm sure they never will :/

Yup it's impossible to do much when you're against someone far away, and that's where the host is. If of course you get host in one of these matches it's really easy, but that's unlikely. Like I said it just results lots of simultanious deaths / kills. Also you get a HUGE delay before the game bothers to tell you you're being shot which is what causes the instant-death feeling. It's really annoying.

The fact that host advantage is so huge on this game is as big of a problem as the lack of filtering to be honest but I doubt they're going to revamp the netcode this late in the game. Best thing to do would be to make the machmaking a bit friendlier lol

Message 47 of 49 (122 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Aug 10, 2012

one time me nad my friend mitchjam were playing plunder OH GOD was it bad 

• idol scores randomly
  • everyone is teleporting
  • a party of two would be in one place and suddenly end up somewhere else every couple of ten seconds
  • the white plug in screen became my new reticle
  • would spawn and die
  • would randomly die from a grenade
  • hammer/rpg bullets stuck in mid air
  • every weapon would shotgun a whole bunch of bullets
  • people would randomly teleport in front of then away

man was it bad worst lag i have ever seen :'(

ND if you happen to read this thanks!!!!
Message 48 of 49 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 14, 2012
I agree 100% and it saddens me. No matter how much ND "expands" its MP vision, the technical failures are rotting it from the inside out without even a semblance of a level playing field at times. I don't care if someone in Peru or Mexico can play with me when I unload multiple GMAL bursts into him as he climbs a ladder and suddenly kills me in 3 bullets with an M9.

The whimsical, fun theme of the game with all its bells and whistles is null and void. It is almost hellishly frustrating, bordering on betrayal of the entire intended experience. The worst part? I now attribute my success in any given match to me being the "lag" guy.
Message 49 of 49 (96 Views)