Aug 09 2012
By: ChronoJoe Treasure Hunter 5336 posts

Match quality / region filter

[ Edited ]
48 replies 349 views Edited Aug 9, 2012

This game really needs one.

As someone that wants to play this game late at night / out of regular hours. I get sick of playing impossible to win games against Columbians and similar. This game has some of the worst netcode I've ever experienced featuring a massive host advantage / advantage for anyone with a low ping / good connection.

If I'm lagging, at best in a 1 vs 1 I can get a kill, but it'll say the guy will kill me afterwards. These kills only register because your connection to the host is slower than the guy you were shooting. Given that the weapons use hitscans, if the netcode were perfect, double ko's shouldn't be possible.

So it would be really nice if I could filter to Europe so that I could get a good match. At this rate I just find myself quitting matches a few seconds in.

Feel free to discuss if you'd like to see this type of thing either in UC3 or in a future ND game. As always keep discussion civil.

Message 1 of 49 (349 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Match quality / region filter

Aug 9, 2012

i recently switched to waht i'd say is an average(3.0 but i can only get like 2.8) internet connection and only lag every so often like maybe once every 6 matches or so ill freeze with the one circle symbol in the middle of the screen. I did notice when I was on my old crappy verizon internet i would get it all the time, so i'm not really the smartest on the whole coding and internet stuff, but maybe it's just your connection. I have no idea though just a suggestion ^-^

Message 2 of 49 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 9, 2012

I think this would be a good addition to the Multiplayer. I have seen the benefit of this in other games and would welcome this change (even if it means not getting matched up as quickly, but that is a small price to pay).

I have 22 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, and a PingTest.com Ping of 25 ms. I see lag mostly in this game compared to all the other shooters I play. Also this game seems more popular in other countries, where I always hear Arabic or other languages spoken. This is not the case in other games where the vast majority of spoken languages is English.

Also, it bugs me that you can never tell if you are playing a Party of 5 fully Leveled up players until you are already locked in to the game. Every single other  I have played does not do this (it's almost necessary to party up yourself to avoid this).

Message 3 of 49 (334 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Fortunately I'm lucky enough to be on 30mb fibre optical however it isn't much help if I'm being consistently matched up to some basement in Mexico. (I'm in England).
Message 4 of 49 (331 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Freducken wrote:

I think this would be a good addition to the Multiplayer. I have seen the benefit of this in other games and would welcome this change (even if it means not getting matched up as quickly, but that is a small price to pay).

I have 22 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, and a PingTest.com Ping of 25 ms. I see lag mostly in this game compared to all the other shooters I play. Also this game seems more popular in other countries, where I always hear Arabic or other languages spoken. This is not the case in other games where the vast majority of spoken languages is English.

Also, it bugs me that you can never tell if you are playing a Party of 5 fully Leveled up players until you are already locked in to the game. Every single other  I have played does not do this (it's almost necessary to party up yourself to avoid this).

It locks people in because the matchmaking is awful It takes so long to find a game ND know they cant constantly be replacing people leaving. Sometimes when I'm with a party it can take us in excess of 5minutes to even find a game. Uncharted has the slowest matchmaking of any game on consoles and so they try to compensate it a bit by at least ensuring people stay in the match.

Message 5 of 49 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
477 posts

Aug 9, 2012

100mb down/ 10mb up fibre optic connection, A* rated pingtest.net rating.........

But being from the UK this means absolutely nothing, I never get host and the matchmaking system sems to think England is located in Asia:\

So when Americans complain about being matched against South Americans I just have a little chuckle...

You guys have no idea whatsoever what REAL lag is.

Message 6 of 49 (293 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

CozMick wrote:

100mb down/ 10mb up fibre optic connection, A* rated pingtest.net rating.........

But being from the UK this means absolutely nothing, I never get host and the matchmaking system sems to think England is located in Asia:\

So when Americans complain about being matched against South Americans I just have a little chuckle...

You guys have no idea whatsoever what REAL lag is.

Yeah I know. It's like complaining about being connected to Russians. **bleep** anyone roughly on the same body of land as us is good to me lol

Had a game tonight, it was so laggy that there was

* 1 guy teleporting

* 1 guy invisible

* like 4 'frozen grenades' (unexploded grenades that make a constant bleeping sound)

This game has just awful netcode and filtering.

Message 7 of 49 (280 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Aug 9, 2012
I'm in the US and I've played people from all over. NO ONE LAGS LIKE SOUTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA.

Please fix this ND!

These guys just don't die!!!
Message 8 of 49 (270 Views)
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 9, 2012

From my in-game experience, it seems to me that only a minority from South America lag. That is the only gamers I see lag. 

Message 9 of 49 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

jayjay275 wrote:

From my in-game experience, it seems to me that only a minority from South America lag. That is the only gamers I see lag. 

Your ***** kidding right?

Only a minority for SA?

South America is the majority of this game.

Every one I know from all corners of the globe complain that all they run into is laggy players from South America and you claim minority. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Aren't you the same player that argued with me that call of duty had no settings for regional match making?

Sooo claimed this to be true and you never happened to hit the select button to see that you have full control on what your region settings are.

Then you never replied after you said you'd check it out because you claimed I was full of it.

So what was that verdict?

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 10 of 49 (246 Views)