Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/28/2011
Offline
1925 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012

Stop booster progress in Plunder except for a few select boosters(Beast Mode, Back in the Saddle).

 

Increase the value of the "Captured" medal to at least 1,500 and drop the value of "Drop It" to 250. I think its crazy that Captured and Drop it are worth the same considering how easy it would be to farm for Drop It medals

 

Re-introduction of "That was Embarassing" valued at 3,000 so it would give people more of a reward to finish quickly without letting the other team capture.

 

Not sure about this idea but I think an extra bonus depending on how quickly you finish the match would be nice too. 

              Ex. +3,000 within first 5 minutes, +1,500 for first 10 minutes.

Message 21 of 30 (142 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

ND should not give incentive for carrying the Idol. Picking it up, walking with it, throwing it...none of these things deserve reward. Why? Because...pathetic fools can just abuse whatever the reward is, and still not help the team win. Oh, there's a medal for throwing the Idol 10 times? Im just gonna throw it around in the corner real fast, and get my medal. Screw scoring the Idol!

 

See what I mean?

 

Instead, ND should give more incentive for Capturing the Idol.
 Most basically, vastly increase cash reward of Captured Medal. 5K sounds nice.  $500 is insulting. (I would like a system that gives incentive for winning as fast as possible--some type of cash multiplyer, but Im sure this is asking too much at this point, so i'll forget it) Greatly reduce the cash reward for Drop It. Now, its the same as Captured...ridiculous.

 

Give 0 cash for kills. Completely overhaul cash reward of each medal. It makes ZERO sense that medals are the same cash value across every single playlist. Not a bit of sense. Retaliation should be worth more in TDM than, say, Team Objective. If you insist on leaving Strike 3 in Plunder, make it 0 cash. Seriously.

 

The way we (and ND) think about Plunder needs a complete overhaul. It is not supposed to be TDM-lite. It is supposed to be Capture the Idol. Time to get serious about EACH of your gamemoes, ND, not just TDM.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Huh. Good point.
 Medals for capturing the idol under a time limit, and medals for finishing the whole match under one minute please.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 22 of 30 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012

far-zan wrote:

Stop booster progress in Plunder except for a few select boosters(Beast Mode, Back in the Saddle).

 



good post.

 

Stopping booster progress in Plunder (for Fleet Foot, Scoped In, Weapons Expert, Revenge) would be a true sign that ND cares about all playlists, not just TDM.

 

ND needs to quit treating every single playlist with the same broad brush. Rather, they (TDM, TO, Plunder) should be treated on an individual basis. Only allowing booster progession in certain playlists would do wonders. WONDERS. lol

 

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 23 of 30 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012
Actually, I think ND treats TDM only. All their patches have a TDM fix/break/however people call it.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 24 of 30 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012
Goes like this:
ND1: "Thought of more TDM patches!"
ND2: "Uh, what about the other modes?"
ND1: "What other modes?"
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 25 of 30 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Actually, I think ND treats TDM only. All their patches have a TDM fix/break/however people call it.

You're exactly right. It is quite in exuseable, for me. When will they realize that TDM is only one playlist.

This is not even a question of playlist popularity--its a question of playlist uniqueness.

 

Getting serious about the other main playlists will strengthen them AND deathmatch. Plunder and TO benefit from meaningful improvements that improve the experience for, among other things, randoms, and TDM improves, because it gains players who no longer get rewarded for kill farming. The modes become for individualized.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 26 of 30 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/21/2010
Offline
1016 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
It's only rewarding for the first person who gets it (Tip Off).

I was thinking there's a Speedcap Medal (Capture the idol in 1 minute or less). The timer gets reset when the enemy team gets a hold of it (because it will count for them).

I remember people talking about a That Was Embarrassing medal. I don't know what it's for, but I'll assume (Get a match score of 5-0).

With your midair idea: Clean Pass (catch an idol without it hitting the floor)

With your throw idea: Catch! (throw the idol for a total of 100 meters)

Also: Slow and Steady (hold on to the idol for a total of 100 seconds)

Whack-a-mole (Whack three people with the idol)

Selfish (get more than 3 idol captures in one match)

In my opinion, these 2 ideas encourage camping, which is not the point of Plunder.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 27 of 30 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
It's only rewarding for the first person who gets it (Tip Off).

I was thinking there's a Speedcap Medal (Capture the idol in 1 minute or less). The timer gets reset when the enemy team gets a hold of it (because it will count for them).

I remember people talking about a That Was Embarrassing medal. I don't know what it's for, but I'll assume (Get a match score of 5-0).

With your midair idea: Clean Pass (catch an idol without it hitting the floor)

With your throw idea: Catch! (throw the idol for a total of 100 meters)

Also: Slow and Steady (hold on to the idol for a total of 100 seconds)

Whack-a-mole (Whack three people with the idol)

Selfish (get more than 3 idol captures in one match)

In my opinion, these 2 ideas encourage camping, which is not the point of Plunder.


Oops. So this is where I posted my Treasure Hunter ideas! Anyway. Mid-air, throw ideas won't encaourage any capture in Plunder either. Supposed to be where my Treasure Hunter medal ideas were. Huh. So much for multitasking.

 

 

Speedcap, TWE and Selfish fit in Plunder. Also, Not a Chance (win the match in 2 minutes or less) and MINE! (Capture ALL FIVE idols) would work.

 

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 28 of 30 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Offline
1934 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

ND should not give incentive for carrying the Idol. Picking it up, walking with it, throwing it...none of these things deserve reward. Why? Because...pathetic fools can just abuse whatever the reward is, and still not help the team win. Oh, there's a medal for throwing the Idol 10 times? Im just gonna throw it around in the corner real fast, and get my medal. Screw scoring the Idol!

 

See what I mean?

 

Instead, ND should give more incentive for Capturing the Idol.
 Most basically, vastly increase cash reward of Captured Medal. 5K sounds nice.  $500 is insulting. (I would like a system that gives incentive for winning as fast as possible--some type of cash multiplyer, but Im sure this is asking too much at this point, so i'll forget it) Greatly reduce the cash reward for Drop It. Now, its the same as Captured...ridiculous.

 

Give 0 cash for kills. Completely overhaul cash reward of each medal. It makes ZERO sense that medals are the same cash value across every single playlist. Not a bit of sense. Retaliation should be worth more in TDM than, say, Team Objective. If you insist on leaving Strike 3 in Plunder, make it 0 cash. Seriously.

 

The way we (and ND) think about Plunder needs a complete overhaul. It is not supposed to be TDM-lite. It is supposed to be Capture the Idol. Time to get serious about EACH of your gamemoes, ND, not just TDM.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


hmm, you do have a point there.

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 30 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 5, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

 

 

 


hmm, you do have a point there.


I agree though, carrying/moving/throwing the idol should be more rewarding. And the best way to accomplish that is to A) make Capturing the Idol more rewarding, and B) tweak cash rewards for kills and each medal to better fit Plunder specificly.

 

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 30 of 30 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes