Oct 03 2012
By: Joe-Itz070 Gaming Beast 1934 posts

Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

[ Edited ]
29 replies 418 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

So yeah, played a couple of matches on the new lab, pretty fun. Except for the part that NO ONE GOES FOR THE IDOL LIKE ALWAYS, seriously plunder needs improvements. I even turned on my mic and asked why they didn't just go for the idol and work like a team, then they just said I can **bleep** off... People these days..

Now why would they say that? They say that because it's not rewarding to carry the idol people are scared to get unluckies and just want to rack up medals and kills, so my point is make it more rewarding to go for the idol. First of all get rid of the unlucky medals in Team Objective and Plunder. Secondly motivate people to work like a team, you can do that by adding extra medals or cash rewards by either running, throwing or scoring with the idol. For example: you'll get a medal for throwing an idol for 100 meters in total, walking with the idol for 100 meters in total or even catching the idol from mid-air.

I know these are just some basic ideas, but I am sure this would offer a much better plunder experience and make it more competitive/less ego. The way plunder is being played now when you are with randoms is just terrible. Feel free to add any feedback and suggestions to this thread because we need them really bad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 30 (418 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 3, 2012
It's only rewarding for the first person who gets it (Tip Off).

I was thinking there's a Speedcap Medal (Capture the idol in 1 minute or less). The timer gets reset when the enemy team gets a hold of it (because it will count for them).

I remember people talking about a That Was Embarrassing medal. I don't know what it's for, but I'll assume (Get a match score of 5-0).

With your midair idea: Clean Pass (catch an idol without it hitting the floor)

With your throw idea: Catch! (throw the idol for a total of 100 meters)

Also: Slow and Steady (hold on to the idol for a total of 100 seconds)

Whack-a-mole (Whack three people with the idol)

Selfish (get more than 3 idol captures in one match)
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 30 (410 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I don't think that they could do something about this gamemode anymore, because they did what they could and removed their statistics from the gamemode. Nobody will see the rounds on your statistics, but there are still other reasons to do that. The people are trying to rank up their Cloaked or Scoped In, but doing that without the statistics would be too fantastic. They're trying to rank up with the new legacies added, wich is better, because this gamemode enables them to earn more medals, killing more and more opponents, wich means that they can rank up. The gamemode's dead, I think. 

There's, like you said, no reason to move the idol, because you could still get Unluckys and there's nothing that could give you a reason to move the idol. No medals, no money, nothing, and the money also carries on for the teammates, wich means that they can relax, get their money by killing their opponents and the good people will give them captures, wich also gives them money. That's unfair, but removing the money for the teammates would be worse, because then people would have other reasons to teamkill their teammate for the capture. I don't know, but I won't be playing this gamemode or this 'The Lab', since it's a TDM with pistols, you'll find all the people running around with Marlowe's Para-9 or whatever they're using, and no, the normal TDM is better than this. 

Medals would improve the gamemode, but people would also abuse this, like they're sometimes doing with the medal that you receive for holding the idol as first person. They go for the idol, hold it and then roll from the idol, wich means that they received the medal, but didn't move the idol. Great, heh? TDM, Classic and Co-Op, that's all. 

------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll see ya, oh wait, you're dead, so I guess I won't. - Harry Flynn.
Message 3 of 30 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Medals would improve the gamemode, but people would also abuse this, like they're sometimes doing with the medal that you receive for holding the idol as first person. They go for the idol, hold it and then roll from the idol, wich means that they received the medal, but didn't move the idol. Great, heh? TDM, Classic and Co-Op, that's all. 

My ideas aren't really abuseable if you carry the idol with an other player tossing to eachother mid air and it gives you medals it will motivate you to work like a team. I still think trying to motivate/rewarding players to go for the idol by implementing extra medals is the best solution for this. Although I agree the booster and legacy leveling sure ruins plunder as well. It really irritates me when I'm doing the best I can to score and my team is just camping in sniper spots.. playing solo is a guaranteed loss in this mode a true pity..

Message 4 of 30 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6965 posts

Oct 3, 2012

well, from my experience, the team is actually working together to get the idol in plunder in this new lab.

I've gone up against a team where all 5 people were huddled together, 1 carrying the idol and the other 4 guarding him. It looked pretty cool, but anytime someone got near them, they got shredded. It was hilarious and the way plunder should be played.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 30 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Sometimes the people just want to have some fun, playing TDM without having to worry about their statistics, wich I can totally understand, but it's still nothing good to do. Leave the gamemode time, the people will have reached the last level and then they probably won't care too much about the money. 

The gamemode's still dead for me, I think, but that's not important for now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll see ya, oh wait, you're dead, so I guess I won't. - Harry Flynn.
Message 6 of 30 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
724 posts

Oct 3, 2012
I completely disagree. There are those that hold the idol on purpose to boost and farm in plunder games. Those that hold the idol will do so even when they have the chance to score and win the game. The only way is to reward for quick scoring so the integrity of plunder gets less damaged.
Message 7 of 30 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Oct 3, 2012

awsome_robot wrote:
I completely disagree. There are those that hold the idol on purpose to boost and farm in plunder games. Those that hold the idol will do so even when they have the chance to score and win the game. The only way is to reward for quick scoring so the integrity of plunder gets less damaged.

wat, why would anyone hold an idol to farm. you're more vulnerable than ever. elaborate please.

Message 8 of 30 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

awsome_robot wrote:

wat, why would anyone hold an idol to farm. you're more vulnerable than ever. elaborate please.

i think he mean when we score 4 and then take the idol to the base then hold it and farm

Sleep Matt signature
Message 9 of 30 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Oct 3, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

awsome_robot wrote:

i think he mean when we score 4 and then take the idol to the base then hold it and farm

And this is where matchmaking comes in, if matchmaking actually makes balanced teams there will be less treasure holders because they simply won't be able to defend it the entire time.

Message 10 of 30 (297 Views)
0 Likes