PlayStation MVP
6790 posts

Re: Make carrying the idol more rewarding.

Oct 3, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

awsome_robot wrote:
I completely disagree. There are those that hold the idol on purpose to boost and farm in plunder games. Those that hold the idol will do so even when they have the chance to score and win the game. The only way is to reward for quick scoring so the integrity of plunder gets less damaged.

wat, why would anyone hold an idol to farm. you're more vulnerable than ever. elaborate please.

i think he mean when we score 4 and then take the idol to the base then hold it and farm

And this is where matchmaking comes in, if matchmaking actually makes balanced teams there will be less treasure holders because they simply won't be able to defend it the entire time.

yes :smileytongue:

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3848 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Remove all medals and earnings except for captures. Problem solved.

A pure plunder without any of the nonsense. Now that would be something.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (209 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6790 posts

Oct 3, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

not really earnings you can get earning from kills and chests and the capture the idol itself

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1779 posts

Oct 3, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Not sure if srs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3848 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Totally serious. If they only thing that makes playing plunder rewarding is captures, then it will be played the way it should be played. No boosting, no kill farming, no bull.

People who spoil plunder for others would move on to team deathmatch where they belong, allowing everybody who wants to play plunder properly with the opportunity to do so.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (189 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1779 posts

Oct 3, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Totally serious. If they only thing that makes playing plunder rewarding is captures, then it will be played the way it should be played. No boosting, no kill farming, no bull.

People who spoil plunder for others would move on to team deathmatch where they belong, allowing everybody who wants to play plunder properly with the opportunity to do so.

Sounds legit, I was thinking about lowering the amount of cash even more in plunder or make the amount of cash you receive in team deathmatch to 150 or so. This is also a way to make it less rewarding to killfarm in plunder.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

There's plenty of reward in the fact that your deaths don't count anymore (you can thank Scootgar for that) and that ND added personal captures in your stats profile.

Big deal, you move the treasure playing with randoms, what more do you want?  Just play the game.  If playing with those randoms suck, move onto another.  Or better yet, play with friends who know how to play the game properly.

I've never seen such a fanbase or forum for a game with such sense of entitlement.  Every day, thread after thread pops up about having something added/changed.

The game isn't perfect, and some things ND messed up, but at some point, just realize it's a game.  And get over it.  Most of it is pissing in the wind.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1779 posts

Oct 4, 2012

like_whoa_dude wrote:

There's plenty of reward in the fact that your deaths don't count anymore (you can thank Scootgar for that) and that ND added personal captures in your stats profile.

Big deal, you move the treasure playing with randoms, what more do you want?  Just play the game.  If playing with those randoms suck, move onto another.  Or better yet, play with friends who know how to play the game properly.

I've never seen such a fanbase or forum for a game with such sense of entitlement.  Every day, thread after thread pops up about having something added/changed.

The game isn't perfect, and some things ND messed up, but at some point, just realize it's a game.  And get over it.  Most of it is pissing in the wind.

Derp, you sound like a typical killfarmer and you don't make sense either. Just because THEY messed up the game I MUST realize it's just a game and shut my mouth? Well I have a secret for you it's not north-korea here. People can post whatever they want what they think is best. And it's ridiculous I am dependent on my friends in this game, everyone should just start the game up join a match and have a good time which is not the case at the moment. If you can only succeed with your friends there is really something wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (107 Views)
Wastelander
636 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I like the idea of making the treasue scoring/carrying more rewarding. I think that ND just needs to get creative and think of a whole bunch (5 or 6) of ideas of carrying the treasure and scoring it. Take some of the ideas in this thread and a few others. I would play plunder more often then!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2021 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

ND should not give incentive for carrying the Idol. Picking it up, walking with it, throwing it...none of these things deserve reward. Why? Because...pathetic fools can just abuse whatever the reward is, and still not help the team win. Oh, there's a medal for throwing the Idol 10 times? Im just gonna throw it around in the corner real fast, and get my medal. Screw scoring the Idol!

See what I mean?

Instead, ND should give more incentive for Capturing the Idol.
 Most basically, vastly increase cash reward of Captured Medal. 5K sounds nice.  $500 is insulting. (I would like a system that gives incentive for winning as fast as possible--some type of cash multiplyer, but Im sure this is asking too much at this point, so i'll forget it) Greatly reduce the cash reward for Drop It. Now, its the same as Captured...ridiculous.

Give 0 cash for kills. Completely overhaul cash reward of each medal. It makes ZERO sense that medals are the same cash value across every single playlist. Not a bit of sense. Retaliation should be worth more in TDM than, say, Team Objective. If you insist on leaving Strike 3 in Plunder, make it 0 cash. Seriously.

The way we (and ND) think about Plunder needs a complete overhaul. It is not supposed to be TDM-lite. It is supposed to be Capture the Idol. Time to get serious about EACH of your gamemoes, ND, not just TDM.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (57 Views)
0 Likes