Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Re: Make Classic Mode into Mercenary Mode

Sep 22, 2012

Want your no-parties mercenary playlist? Play Free For All. Now let me play Classic Mode with my friends, and hopefully ND optimizes matchmaking so parties find parties around the same size in 1.15.

Oh, and parties are not unbeatable, your random teammates are just freaking clueless most of the time. Even seemingly really good parties can be beaten if there's more than one competent player on the other team.

Message 31 of 78 (567 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Sep 22, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

No. All my friends and I have been waiting since launch for Classic mode to play together in. Want to add a mercenary Classic mode in addition? Great, but not as a replacement.

Sure, that would be swell.

Problem is, that wont happen. Odds are we wont get Mercenary Mode is any form, especially if its were to split the player pool like your suggestion.

In my opinion, this would work in a pinch. If you want to play with friends, play any other mode.

Waiting since launch? Since before we even knew about or wanted Classic Mode? wow

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 32 of 78 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Get rid of "live forever" mode and replace it with Mercenary.

Let Classic have parties.
Message 33 of 78 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

No. All my friends and I have been waiting since launch for Classic mode to play together in. Want to add a mercenary Classic mode in addition? Great, but not as a replacement.

Sure, that would be swell.

Problem is, that wont happen. Odds are we wont get Mercenary Mode is any form, especially if its were to split the player pool like your suggestion.

In my opinion, this would work in a pinch. If you want to play with friends, play any other mode.

Waiting since launch? Since before we even knew about or wanted Classic Mode? wow

1. ND has had a mercenary Lab before

2. He would like to play classic mode with his friends

3. The player pool will hardly change

4. Why cant he just play classic mode with his friends?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 34 of 78 (553 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Sep 22, 2012
You guys realize this won't stop people from getting on Skype together and making sure that even if they don't end up in the same team, they'll just have a "no kill" truce between each other and hunt down the randoms on the other team, right?

If ND does this, you heard it here first.
Message 35 of 78 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9981 posts

Sep 22, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Want your no-parties mercenary playlist? Play Free For All. Now let me play Classic Mode with my friends, and hopefully ND optimizes matchmaking so parties find parties around the same size in 1.15.

Oh, and parties are not unbeatable, your random teammates are just freaking clueless most of the time. Even seemingly really good parties can be beaten if there's more than one competent player on the other team.

I would play FFA if it had only 6 players instead of 8. With 8 players it's chaos. t's unbearbale ( Unless you're up against noobs ). 

I don't support mercenary Classic mode. I don't even think we need classic mode. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 36 of 78 (540 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

OK, let's see the situation so far:

- a decent amount of people want the upcoming Classic mode to have no parties.

- a decent amount of people want to keep parties in this new mode.

Now, rather than letting one side get screwed over, let's see what could be done to sastisfy both groups without dividing the player pool significantly:

- remove Hunter Arena and replace it with an all comepetitive mercenary mode.

- remove Hunter Arena in general ( Smiley Very Happy ).

- make FFA into said mode (I personally don't like this one, but it is a possible option).

- have monthly events where playing alone grants an XP multiplier. This'll encourage more people to play alone, and may reduce the number of parties in some modes.

Now, these are just some ideas, and poor ones at that. I'm sure the combined minds of the community's brightest will be able to think of some solution...it'd be a lot better than bickering on an online forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 37 of 78 (526 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Making Classic mode into mercenary is flat out wrong. Optional is ok, but not something you have to do.

If you want to make Classic into random fest than you probably NEVER played Uncharted 2 and/or you have next to no friends to play with.

I have friends that I've known since Uncharted 2 and we've stuck together through the ups and downs of Uncharred 3. We're all just avg to abive avg players who would love to play it old school again. I can't imagine getting online and playing separate from each other because we are forced to by a new game mode that we all really want to play. That would suck b@//$

Make mercenary mode have its own spot on the playlist or make it a toggle for all game modes.
Message 38 of 78 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

OK, let's see the situation so far:

- a decent amount of people want the upcoming Classic mode to have no parties.

- a decent amount of people want to keep parties in this new mode.

Now, rather than letting one side get screwed over, let's see what could be done to sastisfy both groups without dividing the player pool significantly:

- remove Hunter Arena and replace it with an all comepetitive mercenary mode.

- remove Hunter Arena in general ( Smiley Very Happy ).

- make FFA into said mode (I personally don't like this one, but it is a possible option).

- have mothly events where playing alone grants an XP multiplier. This'll encourage more people to play alone, and may reduce the number of parties in some modes.

Now, these are just some ideas, and poor ones at that. I'm sure the combined minds of the community's brightest will be able to think of some solution...it'd be a lot better than bickering on an online forum.

I like the idea of an all competitive mercenary mode. What about replacing Hunter Arena and FFA with this? It could include FFA as a voting option along with regular TDM and maybe some others, all with no parties. I know some people might not like the idea of taking out 2 modes and only adding one, but it's not like removing Hunter would free up a hugely noticeable amout of players. And maybe removing Hunter isn't even necessary. The main idea is replacing FFA with an all competitive mercenary mode that includes FFA, so we have another mode without splitting the player pool at all.

Message 39 of 78 (510 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Sep 23, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
You guys realize this won't stop people from getting on Skype together and making sure that even if they don't end up in the same team, they'll just have a "no kill" truce between each other and hunt down the randoms on the other team, right?

If ND does this, you heard it here first.

surely you realize that  less than 1% of players would do this, and even mentioning it is pretty pathetic, and not at all a good argument against a mercenary mode

and because i dont know how to multi quote:

i never said parties are unbeatalbe. I, and apparently many others (across many threads) want a no party playlist. simple

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 40 of 78 (493 Views)