I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: M9 More Accurate Than AK-47?

Jan 11, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
How easy that gun is to use is just not fun.

I never understood this "mentality". Do you also aim the KAL?

I mean, I've done it a couple of times to finish my KAL missions, but I'm not a hipster/masochist/whatever to do that on a constant basis.

At short range, yes. Or to kill steal. Smiley Wink

The "mentality" is that I play this game to have fun. I enjoy the AK as I feel it's more fair than the M9. I could clean up all day with an M9 and I do when I am forced to pick it up but it's just not fun. It's like using quickboom or rate of fire. The M9 in general is just like that for me. Heck when I played in the B2K tournament I made a tryhard class, and it was the primary weapon.

The only thing the AK does better in my opinion is long range, I can burst fire and sometime get a kill with it, where and M9 I'm just shooting like an idiot. But long range combat is so rare that it's a useless stat. The AK is just a diverse weapon. The M9 destroys at close range where most combat takes place, but if it's not fun, why use it?

Message 11 of 23 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Jan 11, 2013

You should try equipping the Accuracy mod on your AK. Trust me, it really makes a noticeable difference. Better yet, you could try to upgrade Weapon Expert and equip Accuracy+Clip Size; it'll turn your AK into an unstoppable slaughtering machine.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 12 of 23 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Jan 11, 2013

My WE ak with accuracy + scope-zoom is my baby Smiley Happy

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 13 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Does Scope Zoom really make that much of a difference if you already have Accuracy on? My main problem when I'm using the AK is the slow reload speed, so either that or Clip Size along with Accuracy would be optimal for WE IMO.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 23 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Jan 11, 2013

X-Offender wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Does Scope Zoom really make that much of a difference if you already have Accuracy on? My main problem when I'm using the AK is the slow reload speed, so either that or Clip Size along with Accuracy would be optimal for WE IMO.

Well how I see it, the Ak is already a great mid-range weapon adding accuracy to that makes it an excellent mid-range weapon and a decent long-range weapon. Adding scope-zoom to it as well makes it great at long-range and mid-range. Since I'm using weapon expert I also have my micro to take care of close-range as well as blindfire. In other words I have all ranges covered by then and it can't really be perfect and I do miss its reload speed, but its effectiveness more then makes up for it.

Besides due to the Ak's already high max ammo as well as decent bullet damage and slow RoF I waste a lot less ammo in shooting 1 person as its easier to count my shots and waste less ammo spraying a guy.

Message 15 of 23 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

X-Offender wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Well how I see it, the Ak is already a great mid-range weapon adding accuracy to that makes it an excellent mid-range weapon and a decent long-range weapon. Adding scope-zoom to it as well makes it great at long-range and mid-range. Since I'm using weapon expert I also have my micro to take care of close-range as well as blindfire. In other words I have all ranges covered by then and it can't really be perfect and I do miss its reload speed, but its effectiveness more then makes up for it.

Besides due to the Ak's already high max ammo as well as decent bullet damage and slow RoF I waste a lot less ammo in shooting 1 person as its easier to count my shots and waste less ammo spraying a guy.

Hm, yeah, you make a very good point. The immediate weapon change that WE allows can make up for the lack of RS/CS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 23 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 12, 2013
I think you would be better off with reload speed, as scope zoom only is useful for long range really. They are not an immediate threat at long distance but if they are close by then they could do some serious damage, so I would say go for Reload speed or clip size
Message 17 of 23 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 12, 2013

i tried using the m9 and couldnt hit crap with it but the AK i am on par pretty well, guess were i just use the AK all the time i am not use to the m9 vertical recoil. AK has far better stopping power and power, especially with 3D glasses.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 18 of 23 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Something I found pretty interesting is that I can handle any gun's recoil reasonably well even with switching between them. Though for some reason everytime I switch between AK><M9 I have trouble adjusting and in the first few matches that I switched I can't hit squat with either gun. Not sure why, but the gun just feels uncomfortable to me that I might as well try to be sniping with the kal...

Message 19 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I've been using Ak with either clip size or max ammo lately. The kick can be hard to control sometimes but the benefit is the Ak's stopping power, stops blindfire scrubs right in their tracks. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 20 of 23 (156 Views)
0 Likes